Round of 16 - Hungary vs Belgium - NOW!

Belgium were brilliant. Hungary played well aswell despite losing 4-0, really enjoyed this game. If the Hungary squad is young, they have a bright future ahead imo.

Hazard vs Bale on Friday night :cool:

Honestly first game of the tournament in which I thought we played very well. We had one good second half against Ireland, but I felt this was a better performance on a whole.

Truth be told we should have scored more in the second half and afterwards Hungary missed some good chances for the equalizer and the 3-1, so despite the victory being well-deserved, maybe we again had a bit of luck on our side and the end score was a bit harsh for Hungary.

The game did remind me a bit of the USA game at the previous World cup, in the sense that Hungary did give away a lot of space and a lot more than you usually see at this international stage.

There will be a lot less of that when we face Wales who are a rather defensive team who like to keep a lot of players behind the ball, waiting for the counter. We have a lot of problems facing these kind of opponents and breaking the deadlock. I think Wales will be favorites as we only took 1 out of 6 points from them during the Euro qualifiers and 5 out of 12 including the 2014 World Cup qualifers. I reckon a lot will depend on whether or not we score the first goal.

Also Vermaelen's suspension is a major loss. He was playing a great tournemant and defensively I don't have much confidence in either Denayer or J. Lukaku.

Oyeah and Hazard was immense. Best game I've seen him play in the Belgian shirt in which he ussually dissapoints.

Thought Romelu Lukaku was pretty poor again. Bad decision, playing in too soon, too late, bad controls... the times he screwed up a promising counter... I expect a different striker (Batshuayi or maybe even Benteke) against Wales.

The game did remind me a bit of the USA game at the previous World cup, in the sense that Hungary did give away a lot of space and a lot more than you usually see at this international stage.

If it's Belgium vs Portugal in the semi-finals we're so parking the bus. :D

Archived