Sports Interactive Community
mrbpme

Round of 16| France v Ireland| ITV 2.00

Great half from Ireland, definite pen, France look rattled and a bit one-paced, defensively they're all over the place at times.

France need to make a change(s). No pace up front. Now Ireland have the lead, they can just sit deep and they will be fine up against Giroud. They need pace out wide. I say take off Kante and bring on Sissoko and bring on Martial or Coman.

I can see Martial coming on now.

Karambeu as commentator on German TV: The Irish really have this typical British property called 'fighting spirit'. Oh dear :D

This had been coming, France looking much much better since half-time.

How is this not a corner? :D Ridiculous.

Is the referee blind or something? Everyone knows that was a corner.

I really don't like subs running on the pitch to celebrate during game. Sure when they know they've scored the winning goal, but 1:1 at 57 mins? Have a word.

This had been coming, France looking much much better since half-time.

Well Griezmann is playing where he plays for Atlético in 90% of games. Makes a difference

Ireland are going to have to respond hard here.

Well Griezmann is playing where he plays for Atlético in 90% of games. Makes a difference

Not having a midfield of 3 work horses also helps.

2-1!

Great play to set that up from Giroud, defence should have spotted the run though.

Not having a midfield of 3 work horses also helps.

2-1!

Yeh I like Kanté, and he's good at what he does, but I don't think the balance is right (or 'blend' - they used that word on English commentary) with him, Pogba and Matuidi.

Yeh I like Kanté, and he's good at what he does, but I don't think the balance is right (or 'blend' - they used that word on English commentary) with him, Pogba and Matuidi.

Exactly. They're 3 good players but they can't play together.

Uh-oh, Ireland down to 10.

Definitely. I think they will go 4-2-3-1 next game but which CM is dropped will be interesting. They look much a better in a 4-2-3-1. All the games they have won, have been unconvincing so I think he defo will change.

Definitely. I think they will go 4-2-3-1 next game but which CM is dropped will be interesting. They look much a better in a 4-2-3-1. All the games they have won, have been unconvincing so I think he defo will change.

Kanté is suspended, so not much choice as to who will be dropped.

Added to which, he'd be stupid to change this line-up given how it's played, even if Kanté was available

Kante is suspended so there you go. Coman will come in for him next game with Payet and Griezzmann behind Giroud. Matuidi and Pogba CM.

Kante is suspended so easy choice for Deschamps you would think. Makes them a better team IMO. Shame.

Weirdly it almost makes sense to go with the team they went today at the start vs England who will give them work. At least definitely more sense than vs Ireland who in theory would sit deep and would need breaking down, so who knows what's the reasoning behind fielding a midfield devoid of creativity.

Unless it's vs Iceland. :D

Got no where near the ball, tbf. Should be a second yellow and free kick.

Got no where near the ball, tbf. Should be a second yellow and free kick.

Got to love the commentators.

"he won the ball"

"he got enough on the ball"

"he got a bit on the ball"

I was waiting for the "he actually didn't get anything on the ball" but it never came. :D