*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Velasco is going to be great.

With the league, mind sharing if you're holidaying/IRing at this point? I have nothing against either (especially in a save like this), just curious how they've closed the gap so quickly!

2027-28 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: 2nd :(

- Stats

Europa League - Group Stage

- Lost to NK Zvarc 3-1

Copa Constitucio: WINNERS!

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: WINNERS!

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Carlos Pereira (YP22d) - P44, G32, A6, RAT: 7.66

Fans' Player of the Year: Moises Arroyo (YP21c) - P43, G6, A25, RAT: 8.01

Highest Average Rating: Paco Pascual (YP26a) - P36, G3, A5, RAT: 8.06

Notable Impact: Jose Perez (YP26c) - P32, G21, A9, RAT: 7.57

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS:

It's weird. This was the first season for a while that I played every game of, recognising the growing strength of the league after last season's second place and it felt like a successful year. We won the cup and the super cup but finished runner-up in the league again. In Europe, many will see it as a positive but I'm not happy with our showing as we fell to Slovenia's NK Zvarc in the early stages of the Europa League. We've got to do better next season.

There were some pleasing performances from the players this year. The usual suspects (Arroyo, Noura, Martinez and Pereira - see above) did the business again and Le Breton was on for a fine year (17 goals in 21) before breaking his leg. But it's a couple of youngsters who really emerged this year that get the biggest pat on the back.

Paco Pascual is brilliant. I thought he had a big future when he came through two years ago but he's become the ideal playmaker in our midfield - his passing ability is huge. For him at 17 to finish with a 8.06 rating is remarkable. I reckon he might also end up taking the captaincy a few years down the line.

With Le Breton's injury, that left a gap up front for someone and Jose Perez really snatched that chance, hitting 21 goals. Superb. I look forward to seeing more of him.

Elsewhere, I'm going to single out the key men amongst our rivals again. Jordi Mas banged them in again for Santa Colomo, topping the scoring charts again. Ricardo Alves is a ridiculously good winger and somehow on a non-contract. He will probably leave Andorra based on that. Imanol Sanchez is just one of many excellent individuals at FC Encamp and he set a new league average rating this year.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

- Ranger's are the latest club to turn pro

FAREWELL:

- Alejandro Garcia (YP21a) leaves us this summer with the left-back playing 173 games at left-back during his time at Massana.

NATIONAL TEAM:

The national team climbed the rankings this year after two wins and two draws (with five losses) across the season. I took the national job and have won 1 from 1 so far.

This coming season we've got the European International League to compete in. We're in Division D - the lowest - and the idea is it replaces friendlies in a year without an international tournament. D is the lowest division so the 16 poorest European nations get drawn into groups of four with the top team getting promoted up into Division C. You play each team twice. And as you can see by our draw, it's not going to be easy. Somehow Montenegro have fallen all the way down here. I'm aiming for 2nd though.

2027 RESULTS | 2028 RESULTS | OVERVIEW

SARRIO WATCH:

It's all gone a bit wrong for Sarrio. His time at Bilbao seems to be up with his contract running out and won't be remembered by anyone really. Despite this he's only 25 so should and could still have a fine career. He's wanted by Atletico Madrid so he should stay on the big stage. Sadly we won't see any money for him if he lets his contract run down.

MUNOZ WATCH:

Munoz had a fine year in France on loan at Saint Etienne. This was a step up from Ligue 2 football with Nimes last year but he registered 11 goals in 24 games, helping his side to a seventh-place finish. I'm still not sure if he has enough to make it at PSG but he's developing nicely and will be a key man for the Andorran national team. I've appointed him captain too.

Velasco is going to be great.

With the league, mind sharing if you're holidaying/IRing at this point? I have nothing against either (especially in a save like this), just curious how they've closed the gap so quickly!

Hiya. Sort of explained in the season report I just put up but from 2023-26 I was holidaying the matches - picking the team but holidaying for 1 day at a time and generally staying dominant. Then halfway into the 2026-27 season I realised things were going a bit awry so got back involved fully managing the games (and still coming 2nd :D). I'm now back managing full-time for club and country as the quality has really jumped. The reason? I think it's the other clubs turning pro, having a bit of money to spend and an improved league reputation to the point where they can attract failed youth prospects from the big clubs. There's some quality players in the league now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2019.00.24_zpsrsteleeq.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2019.00.55_zpsgzaknhsf.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2019.20.43_zpsflcefvxh.png

Unsurprised to see us fall in the club rankings after a poor year in Europe, but that's not a major concern. The best news is seeing the league ranking climb again - we're almost at 2 star level now! Subsequently the TV right money goes up again - it's a serious source of income for Andorran clubs now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2019.22.24_zpseqcvxl9f.png

Everything climbs again. Despite the club dropping in the European rankings, our reputation has jumped to 1.5 stars! I don't think that'll benefit the club in an obvious way - I might be able to employ a couple of more experienced staff members but we're obviously not buying players so that won't come into play. That said, it might attract one or two more promising youngsters with any luck!

Really good to see the league grow as a whole. This save could go places.

I think so too mate. At the moment I'm more interested and excited about the general growth of Andorran football than I am of Massana competing for European trophies!

Well, couldn't you just sign him up?! Or is the league reputation too low for him to consider it?

I did try but he's not interested at all. In fact, he's stayed in Spain and is now worth £18.25m. None of which we'll ever see :(

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2022.35.54_zps8yafwh11.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2022.36.13_zps2pps5plp.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2022.43.18_zpszwarffhy.png

In the Europa League, we're safely through. A 3-0 home win meant I could send the second string out in Ireland, where they lost 2-1. Still, we're through and face this lot:

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2022.43.29_zpsqke47lmj.png

Elsewhere: FC Encamp battered Horizont Turnovo 5-0 and Lusitanos eliminated Videoton 2-0. I think this is the first time all three Andorran sides have made it into the second round of the Europa League!

And in the Champions League, Santa Coloma face Cypriot champions APOEL in the second qualifying round. NOT a good draw.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2023.57.54_zpsxfdg7jyi.png

Absolutely cruised past this lot.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-17%20at%2023.58.04_zps4dg3b1hc.png

I have never even heard of this club before (the beauty of the Europa League) but they hail from Romania so that's our next stop!

Elsewhere, Lusitanos lost on penalties to FC Petrolul Ploiesti of Romania and FC Encamp lost on penalties to Litex Lovech of Bulgaria. In the Champions League Santa Coloma lost 3-1 on aggregate to APOEL, meaning we're the last Andorran team in Europe. Still a good showing though.

I did try but he's not interested at all. In fact, he's stayed in Spain and is now worth £18.25m. None of which we'll ever see :(

That's a massive mistake by Athletic. Unfortunate for you.

Looks like you'll be back in group stages in Europa League this season!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2001.59.46_zpsr0i0kxyb.png

This was all down to my keeper Martin Pascual (YP23a). He saved a penalty at 0-0 in the home leg, stopping them grabbing an away goal AND blocked a six-yard clear cut chance. He then saved TWO six-yard clear cut chances in the away leg to seal a 0-0 draw, 1-0 aggregate win and safe passage to the Europa Playoff (not quite the groups yet goktugerce!) where we meet...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2002.00.25_zpsvuxdgnvt.png

Our old friends Sevilla :(. Wish us luck.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2011.53.59_zpsbgsqqfxb.png

As expected. No great shame in losing 4-1 though - same as we managed last time we played them; we're really not too far away from competing with this kind of 2nd tier European side.

On the player front Munoz has signed a new deal with PSG and been farmed out to Anderlecht for the season. At first I couldn't understand the logic but he'll be playing Champions League football and training at superb facilities. Should do wonders for his development.

Well done, Andorran teams Luisitanos, Encmap, Santa Coloma and La Massana! I hope the reputation goes high for Andorra. Right now, who will be the new Champions and Europa League champions? I hope Munoz' PSG would win one of it.

So do I! At the moment, the holders are Chelsea (Champions League) and Tottenham (Europa League) so England are enjoying a period of dominance!

Andorra vs Liechtenstein (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2013.20.36_zpsqwdv85ff.png

My first competitive game went to plan as we battered Liechtenstein (ranked 204th) 5-2. The goals were shared around and I'm really excited about the strike partnership of Munoz and Castro. I don't want to exaggerate but it's got to be up there in terms of international frontlines! Elsewhere Montenegro (ranked 133rd) beat the Faroe Islands (ranked 203rd) 3-0.

Faroe Islands vs Andorra (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2013.55.47_zps0z1occm9.png

Our second competitive game quickly followed and I had to make a few changes to the starting XI owing to fitness concerns with a number of key players. Munoz and Castro started and were fully fit, duly doing the damage as we absolutely destroyed the Faroes 7-0! There was a first goal for our young Massana prospect Jose Perez too in the dying moments of the game, so that was a lovely sight to behold. We're looking good - the team have taken to my Massana formation quickly (which I guess they would given most of the team play for Massana :D)

This was also a record-breaking win. The largest in Andorra's history :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2013.55.27_zpssvvshmt9.png

So two wins from two for us and Montenegro! Our next two games are a month away and see us head to Podgorica to face Montenegro, followed by a return home game against the Faroes. I think we've got a good chance of winning this group but the big test is coming up.

And just a general note to you the reader: this is by far the most fun and challenging FM file I've had in years. Absolutely loving it and can't wait to plough through more seasons! :)
Interesting how the other clubs have reacted to the increased cash coming into the league! Makes the challenge all the more interesting :thup:

For the next group of international games we were without the injured duo of Munoz and Castro :(. The latter just about got himself fit for our second match but it pretty disappointing to see us go into the Montenegro game without both of our strikers.

Montenegro vs Andorra (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2021.57.22_zpsp3bgm4la.png

Not the result we wanted as we were blown away in the first 20 minutes. We did come back into the game in the second half but the damage had already been done. Montenegro were far superior to us in the end - expected, I guess, but a pity.

Andorra vs Faroe Islands (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2022.17.08_zpszihzoenh.png

So back to Andorra for the return game against the Faroes and I decided to rotate much of the first XI after our 7-0 victory against them last time. What an error that almost became! We narrowly won 2-1, which, fine you'll take any win at international level, but this was a bit too close for comfort!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-18%20at%2022.45.57_zpsoda0pygw.png

So three wins from four = a jump in the rankings. Always a positive thing and we move on to the final couple of games in this mini competition, starting in a month's time.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-19%20at%2010.25.01_zpsyvq460ml.png

Liechtenstein vs Andorra (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-20%20at%2016.06.50_zpsyzhrbkij.png

This went completely to plan with Paco Pascual scoring his first goals for Andorra and Castro and Munoz reunited and firing on all cylinders after their respective injuries. This win meant it was winner takes all against Montenegro...

Liechtenstein vs Andorra (European League Division D - Group 3)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-20%20at%2016.07.39_zpsnopqfydu.png

So close. We conceded early but somehow hit back twice with some great close-range finishing from Munoz to give us the lead. At this point promotion was within our reach. Alas, as I switched to my normally reliable defensive formation Montenegro snatched a goal from a set-piece and we drew 2-2. No shame at all in not getting promoted and think we massively overachieved to hold Montenegro to a draw - on an individual comparison, their players are MILES better than ours.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-20%20at%2016.09.11_zps1gqkq7j8.png

So it's over for another two years. We'll be drawn into our World Cup qualifying group soon enough for next season's campaign. Pretty pleased with our form though, lots to be positive about in Andorran football.

Another note on the ongoing changes in Andorran football: the formations. Season one saw a universal use of a rigid 5-3-2 sweeper formation. EVERYONE used it. Nowadays you still see the lesser sides employ it but the top sides finally have some variety. We play an asymmetric 4-4-2, Les Bons use a flat 4-4-2, Santa Coloma are using a 4-2-3-1, Lusitanos, Ranger's, Extremeya, Sant Julia, Atletic Club d'Escaldes and Cerni favour the 4-4-1-1, Inter Club d'Escaldes use a 4-3-1-2, Sporting Club d'Escaldes play a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and Cap del Carrer play a flat 4-3-3.

It may seem like a passing observation but this kind of evolution is pretty important in the game world and has made the league far harder to negotiate as I'm usually up against a different tactic week by week. That's a challenge in itself!

Youth Intake - 2029

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2011.58.16_zps7iydwiao.png

Well this was a disappointment. I'll be getting rid of our HoYD after this batch. That makes it just two good intakes in six years, which isn't good enough really. I'll update you on the new appointment in due course.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2011.58.46_zpsaiqqigox.png

Cruz is the only player I'm going to tag this year and I do hold some hope for him. It'll be a few years until he can compete regularly I think but if he grows a couple of inches he's got the makings of a decent centre-back. You wouldn't say he's anything special though.

Andorra vs San Marino (World Cup 2030 Qualifiers - Group 1)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.38.04_zpswdza9uua.png

I was confident enough to send out the second XI for this one and they got the job done in convincing fashion. A late cameo for Castro and Munoz saw the latter tuck home our 5th. Good to see the Massana front two Perez and Pereira both grab goals and there was a debut goal for Alvaro Perez, who's no longer at Massana but has been doing well at club level.

Czech Republic vs Andorra (World Cup 2030 Qualifiers - Group 1)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.49.54_zpscfbtmmqp.png

The toughest match we'll have in this qualifying campaign - away to the top seed. We were hampered by the injury to No.1 keeper Martin Pascual on the eve of the game and looking at the Czech's two goals, I reckon he probably saves them. So a bit of a shame and Munoz hit the bar late on too. Shows we're really not too far behind, even if we do have inferior players.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.57.57_zpsgutevtit.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-22%20at%2012.50.32_zps9r4nmjrt.png

So Romania start the strongest and their squad looks much better than their Fifa ranking of 78th. Turkey also look pretty handy so I think 4th needs to be the target this year. I fancy us to cause Slovakia some problems and at home you never know, if Munoz and Castro fire, we may surprise a few people!

Nice work getting to the EL group stages and picking up points. Very interesting on the domestic front that other teams are actually decent now.

Sorry for the quiet spell, been away the last two days!

Not the best intake. How are you enjoying the NT side?

No not a good one at all tyler, pity. As for the NT - loving it! Mainly because we have two of Massana's greatest academy graduates up front :) (plus another 15 or so in the squad :D)

Nice work getting to the EL group stages and picking up points. Very interesting on the domestic front that other teams are actually decent now.

I think that's my favourite development so far smp - love that it's not simply a case of getting to the top in Andorra and focusing solely on Europe from there on. It's been a tough couple of years missing out on the title! Although this year is looking better ;)

2028-29 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Competition Overview

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Carlos Pereira (YP22d) - P51, G49, A11, RAT: 7.64

Fans' Player of the Year: Noa Le Breton (YP24a) - P41, G14, A10, RAT: 7.84

Highest Average Rating: Moises Arroyo (YP21c) - P43, G6, A24, RAT: 7.96

Notable Impact: Jose Perez (YP26c) - P42, G31, A9, RAT: 7.76

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS:

Brilliant! After two barren years in the league, we reclaimed the Andorran title in dominant fashion. Once we took the lead, we never looked back and stormed it. I was surprised to see Sant Julia finish second and they even beat us in the final game of the season, so they'll be one to watch next season.

Despite winning the cup the last two seasons, we lost to Santa Coloma on penalties this season after two lacklustre games. We did get a measure of revenge in the Super Cup though, defeating them 3-1 on aggregate to secure another trophy.

Europe was much improved as we made it to the Europa playoffs, unsurprisingly losing to Sevilla 4-1. Much better though and I'm looking forward to the Champions League next year.

On an individual level, Pereira finished the league's top scorer, Arroyo did well all year and Jose Perez is really thriving in the DLF role. Surprisingly Noa Le Breton was the fans' player of the year despite never really dominating any part of the campaign. That said, he's rebounded brilliantly from breaking his leg last year.

Elsewhere I love looking at the signings the other Andorran clubs have made, and indeed their star players, so here's a selection:

Sant Julia (2nd) went on a February spree and signed some real quality players. Jose Luis is a proper CM & Victor Nieto is probably going to destroy the league next year. Alberto Rodriguez is Encamp's (4th) star man, even though they slumped this season. Lusitanos (3rd) have signed Ivorian left-winger Franck Diallo, while Ricardo Alves has once again shone in Andorran football.

The star man in the league though is Encamp's Imanol Sanchez who, incredibly, racked up 46 assists in 39 games at a record-breaking average rating of 8.35! Ridiculous stats.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

- Extremenya, Atletic Escaldes and FC Ordino are the next clubs to turn professional

FAREWELL:

- We're letting Ferran Rocha (YP24c) leave this summer. He's been a decent squad option but will never be good enough to hold a starting spot. Otherwise a reserve CM called Marcos Garcia and Eliot Garnier are both leaving when their contracts expire. No big deal.

NATIONAL TEAM:

I feel like steady progress is being made. Our ranking continues to rise (see upcoming spreadsheet) and we've got the makings of a solid international side. With the forward-line we've always got a chance of scoring a goal and that gives me hope that we could spring a surprise or two in World Cup qualifying.

2028 RESULTS | 2029 RESULTS | OVERVIEW

SARRIO WATCH:

Sarriohad maybe his best pro season yet after finally escaping Bilbao for Levante. He scored 12 goals in 35 games - by no means prolific - but encouraging. He's 26 now so should really be looking to kick on next year, particularly after rejecting interest from Stuttgart to sign a new deal.

MUNOZ WATCH:

Munoz had a mixed season really. He scored 9 in 6 for Andorra but could only find the net 10 times for Belgian giants Anderlecht. I think PSG would have expected more from him on loan there so it'll be interesting to see what they do with him next year.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.15.21_zpsmf1lmkmf.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.14.54_zpsqijgzq5n.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.21.20_zpsso1zpbay.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.22.26_zpsvtboruce.png

Very happy with this season. We've seen everything rise and the league is now only a few spots behind being 2* (and only one behind the English League Two). Our average attendance really jumped this year which I guess is on account of our club reputation rising. And also, the TV money has exceeded the million mark for the first time. Lovely!

Romania vs Andorra (World Cup Qualifying Group 1)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.10.53_zpsusrs2b1s.png

Romania had won two out of two before this so it was always going to be a tough ask to get a result. This was made tougher with the news that Castro would miss two weeks with a virus. We just never really got going and fell behind early. Though Le Breton grabbed his first Andorra goal we just couldn't find a second and lost 2-1.

Andorra vs Turkey (World Cup Qualifying Group 1)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.11.00_zpsbaezeqkm.png

I went into the Turkey game cautiously optimistic but half an hour into the game that hope was extinguished. They were far too strong for us, or at least far too clinical because we shared two clear cut chances apiece. Shame to lose 4-1 in the end but it was a stark reminder of how far we have to go.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.11.34_zpswkdqkanh.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2021.11.19_zps89n0cgz2.png

It means we stay fourth and there's a clear divide in the group now. I'm still hopeful of us finishing 4th, that would be a big achievement for us, so that's the aim from here.

Really good players playing in the domestic league. Positive sign.

I love the look of Le Breton, especially the PPMs. You've built a great team and setup with Massana.

I'm still blown away by how good Munoz become. I assume you had no idea he had that type of PA?

4th is still a very good showing iacovone! Hopefully, a few more future Sarrio's and Munoz's will make you more competitive.

Hope so mate! Although Sarrio's Spanish so I'd turn my nose up at another one of him ;)

Really good players playing in the domestic league. Positive sign.

I love the look of Le Breton, especially the PPMs. You've built a great team and setup with Massana.

I'm still blown away by how good Munoz become. I assume you had no idea he had that type of PA?

I really do like Le Breton. He's completely different to any other player in the squad. I'm going to try using him as a raumdeuter this season in the hope it'll get him in the box a little bit more from wide positions. We'll see how we go.

As for Munoz, here was the intake post where to be fair I did cast doubts about his potential. You can see my assistant pegged him as a 4.5* potential but it's always tough to know just how good they are when they come into a squad that's pretty poor ability-wise. It'd be interesting to see what he would look like if he joined the academy now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2023.36.32_zpslbjy2wyn.png

His fourth loan move since joining PSG and not quite the heavy hitter I thought he'd move to. Should get plenty of experience here though, so not gonna complain too much.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-24%20at%2023.52.20_zpsv613cawu.png

Devastating for the national team. :(

Thanks chaps! Yeah Parra's going to be a nightmare. The entire league has improved again this summer and I can already tell we're going to struggle to retain our title :(

I badly need a good player through the intake this February...

Archived