*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2000.44.03_zps7iullha3.png

And a good draw it was! We were 2-0 down away in the first leg before winning 3-2 and fell behind here too before Munoz took the game by the scruff of the neck. Cracking result!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2000.48.35_zpsjmxz7u17.png

A truly remarkable draw in the third round. The Moldovan champions somehow knocked Partizan Belgrade out on penalties after two 0-0 draws! Huge chance for us to reach the fourth round now!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2002.15.57_zpszwk8tbpt.png

Tough draw heading to the Israeli champions but when you see the teams we could have got it's as good a draw as we could have hoped for (again).

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2002.15.37_zpsnzo4hvhg.png

Red Bull Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Lech Poznan and Celtic were the other top seeds.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2002.51.30_zpsiuzqpn32.png

WE DID IT!!! This might be the best result I've had on FM16. I'm struggling to think of a game in which we were such massive underdogs. Says it all that my keeper picked up the MOTM award and they hit the woodwork twice too. But somehow we did it! We're in the GROUPS!

I think you often read other threads in this forum and skim past screenshots or news items about finances or prize money but it's really worth reiterating how much this means to my club and my save game. This is just huge.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2002.52.08_zpsopnzijj9.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2002.52.17_zpsjkz3bmfh.png

That should pay for new facilities and even a stadium if we're lucky. Just enormous for the club.

Absolutely tremendous work! It's runs like that that rekindled my love for the game last year!

The improved facilities will make a massive difference. So happy for you, and dying to get my save going this week :)

Talk about a brutal draw, though! Man...

You've got a right to be proud, that's a very fast group stage appearance for a team that normally has such a low standard of football. However, you've improved that tenfold! Enjoy the group stages while they last mate, and you never know, you might get to the Europa knockout stages out of this if you can get points from Koln.

Amazing, didn't think Group Stages would come so early.
Absolutely tremendous work! It's runs like that that rekindled my love for the game last year!

The improved facilities will make a massive difference. So happy for you, and dying to get my save going this week :)

Talk about a brutal draw, though! Man...

First group stage appearance and thats the welcome they give? Riiight :lol:
You've got a right to be proud, that's a very fast group stage appearance for a team that normally has such a low standard of football. However, you've improved that tenfold! Enjoy the group stages while they last mate, and you never know, you might get to the Europa knockout stages out of this if you can get points from Koln.
Wow! Great run to the group stage.

Do you think Champions League football might persuade Munoz to stay?

Amazing work reaching the groups already.

Thanks guys! Woke up today and had to check it wasn't just a dream :D. I never thought we'd make the groups this early, it's only my tenth season! Obviously we're gonna get battered in all six games, although I've got a suspicion that we might, might get something off Koln in the home game...

@ DodgeeD - got an update on Munoz coming up

@ ManUtd1 - get your save going!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2015.04.08_zps6k9y0sk4.png

He's off :(. Unfortunately the bids came in and if I didn't negotiate the next step would have been a contract offer and minimal compensation. So negotiate I did, and to be honest I got a good deal. Sure, the fee is nothing, but we have him loaned back to us until the end of the season, and have a 50% sell-on clause in there too, just like the Sarrio deal. So he'll be off this summer but we could reap the rewards a few years down the line.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2015.12.13_zpscghihifa.png

Thought I'd post his stats at the time of the transfer. Didn't quite realise how good he's become, he's an excellent striker

Youth Intake - 2025

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2021.49.04_zpssrqwfrhk.png

We were due something like this weren't we? Very disappointing but we had a good run and to be honest there's a couple who might develop well.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2021.51.04_zpstfuzdpvp.png

Joao Brito continues our fine tradition of bringing through promising strikers. I think his PA is low-ish because he's being compared to Munoz, who's just a freak for this level. If we can improve his pace and off the ball in a couple of years we'll be laughing.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2021.51.52_zpszsphyt6a.png

Nice to have a winger capable of playing on either side and the coaches seem keen on him. I like his flair but there are plenty of improvements he needs to make before he can make the step to first-team level.

Wow, amazing progress!

I'd personally neglect a stadium for the time being and focus on facilities solely. No matter what you decide, the money is incredible. I would say maybe there's a point to be had... but after that 8-0 away to Koln, well... yeah. :lol:

Looks like it's time to fire up the Munoz watch.

2024-25 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: WINNERS!

- Stats

Champions League - Group Stage!

- finished 4th with 0 points

Copa Constitucio: 2nd Round

- Lost to Lusitanos on penalties

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: WINNERS!

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - P41, G37

Fans' Player of the Year & Highest Rating: Moises Arroyo (YP24) - P50, G3, A31, RAT 7.68

Notable Impact: Martin Pascual (YP37) - P37, CS11

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS: No treble this year after disappointment in the Andorran Cup but it's ok, we made the group stage of the Champions League. On that front I put us about 10 years ahead in my grand plan but I don't think we'll be back there for a long time and the distance we're at compared to other teams is huge.

YOUTH PROSPECTS:

KEEPERS:

Martin Pascual (YP37) - Took over from Javi Perez this season and improved drastically as the season went on. Now seen as a star of this team and at only 17 he could be here for a long time! Has also grown by an inch! :)

DEFENDERS:

Pedro Perez (YP16) - He's now more of a rotation option but still put in a big shift for us this season. Remains our weak link though.

Alejandro Garcia (YP25) - Has a bit of competition from the academy now so didn't play as often as previous seasons.

Belarmino Albors (YP32) - He's our third-choice centre-back now and pretty important to us, even if he is quite small.

Javier Martinez (YP36) - Now our No.1 centre-back and although his average rating wasn't great I really like him.

MIDFIELDERS:

Ruben Noura (YP23) - Still excellent, still happy to be at the club despite the vultures circling. Monster of a midfielder for us.

Moises Arroyo (YP24) - Brilliant again. Not many goals but set a new assist record at the club, breaking his own figure for the second year running. Won the player of the season award again.

Juan Manuel Carrasco (YP12) - Another excellent season from Carrasco and almost ever-present. Really dependable member of the team.

STRIKERS:

Juan Carlos Munoz (YP31) - Figures don't look as good (except for the bug) because his season was split up by the move to Olympiacos and then loan back to us, but he did finish top scorer in the league. We've got him til September and then he's off to Greece.

Juan Jose Rey (YP19) - After two great seasons he barely got a look in this year, firmly becoming a back-up in the squad.

Carlos Pereira (YP34) - Another productive season playing off Munoz. He'll be promoted to the Munoz role next year so I'll need even more from him.

Noa Le Breton (YP38) -So excited about this kid. He's been retrained to play up top so next season he'll be in the DLF role and I expect good figures. He's improving already and has a great career ahead of him.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

- Training and Youth facilities are getting upgraded.

- Lusitanos turn professional.

- Directors paid themselves over a million for our success this year :(

FAREWELL:

Adrian Cutillas (YP5) - The Cutlass didn't get the football he wanted this season and will be leaving on a free transfer. Been a good servant for us.

HISTORY

SARRIO WATCH:

Terrible season for Sarrio, who spent it all on the bench at Bilbao, barely getting a minute of first-team football. His young career seems to be at a crossroads.

Surprised Munoz hasn't been capped by the senior national team yet, they can't have that many options apart from Sarrio?:D

He actually just picked up his first cap at the end of the season. Sarrio's Spanish so he wouldn't be playing but our former striker Castro is the main man up top. Not sure for how much longer though!

Wow, amazing progress!

I'd personally neglect a stadium for the time being and focus on facilities solely. No matter what you decide, the money is incredible. I would say maybe there's a point to be had... but after that 8-0 away to Koln, well... yeah. :lol:

Looks like it's time to fire up the Munoz watch.

Munoz Watch will be coming in the next season report! And yes on the above, I'm just letting the board decide when's right on the stadium. For now it's all about getting the facilities to the highest level so we can really push our players to their max.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2023.26.42_zpssnab8mya.png

Firstly, this. Thankfully it's just the 2025-26 season in which we'll enter the first qualifying round. Looks like last years' performance ensured we'll enter in the second round next year.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2023.24.34_zpsduxcpwyp.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2023.24.41_zpsymjfuykr.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2023.18.13_zpsquafzh9t.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%2023.44.08_zps3ajxbrjc.png

Everything else is nice and positive after a truly memorable campaign in Europe. It'll be almost impossible to replicate that but we'll see how we get on.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-13%20at%2000.47.17_zps0hj23jzt.png

Great draw.

League was really close this year, huh? Might want to holiday all non-Santa Coloma matches if that continues. :lol:

Well spotted. They were great this year, we couldn't beat them. We also had a major wobble around the CL Group games due to fatigue and morale imploding so it took us a while to get back up and running again!

I've decided to change the tagging on my youth players as it's quickly getting out of hand :D. I'm going to revert to the manner seen in the majority of other youth threads on here. ie. [First Name] [second Name] - YP[Year of Intake][Letter]

Tough luck with the draw, but going awesome mate. I assume you're not getting the option for requesting a youth recruitment update, right?

Correct, yeah. No luck on that front yet! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

Keeping this closer to the Group Stage, but it's going to be more challenging that you need a good stronghold with good players soon. Playing against Sevilla is not a good idea, but I hope you score at least one or two.

We scored one for you sherinriga!

And with that Sevilla game, Juan Carlos Munoz has played his last game for Massana :(.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-13%20at%2014.31.10_zps2cc9dmzc.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-13%20at%2014.31.16_zpslfi9oknc.png

So over 100 goals in over 100 games before he's even turned 18. A brilliant part of our small history and one I'll be tracking for the remainder of his career. He should have a very successful time of it.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-13%20at%2015.09.03_zpsg76yt0wv.png

Well this was unexpected! Munoz left us on Aug 31st and no less than 24 hours later had been sold by Olympiacos and packed off to Paris! Couple of thoughts on this:

- Really, REALLY annoying as our 50% sell-on clause was meant for a few years down the line. As such we see just £437,500 from this transfer.

- He must be really, REALLY good as PSG don't mess about on FM!

Wow! Will be even more interesting to have Munoz watch on each update now! If he gets a chance there and continues to improve it'll be interesting to see how that will affect the Andorran national team.

Wow! Will be even more interesting to have Munoz watch on each update now! If he gets a chance there and continues to improve it'll be interesting to see how that will affect the Andorran national team.

He needs to get firing asap then because the national team has had an AWFUL year :(.

Anyway of checking whether or not Olympiacos included any clauses? If they did, you'll possibly get kickbacks from those further down the line.

Hmm, I've looked around on the Olympiacos page to see if I can find the transfer clause screen but no luck. If anyone does know a way of finding out, that'd be very helpful. It was a deal potentially rising to £3.8m so there's definitely some clauses in there. Just gotta hope one or two filter to us, as you say.

Youth Intake - 2026

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.16.13_zpsz40l8zqs.png

Ok, so it's not great on paper, and this is the second year running I've said this. Despite my initial reservations though, I've ended up picking out SEVEN potential players.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.16.26_zpsghhelfve.png

Paco Pascual looks like a potential first-teamer to me. His passing is exceptional for this level and he's well-rounded elsewhere. I need to get things like his technique up and his physical attributes are poor but I'm particularly pleased that he could be a future captain. We're short on leaders.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.16.36_zpsmtq6dpbr.png

I'm a little less hopeful with Garrido. He's a striker who can also play in behind and though he has superb physical attributes, the rest needs serious work.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.16.52_zpsdfqajs6e.png

Perez is more like the kind of striker we're used to. He's got a different skillset to the usual forwards we produce but I like him. He'll need a bit of work too but there's potential there.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.17.50_zpsvev7jccr.png

Another I'm not overly enamoured with but someone who's hugely versatile and that can be a great help when building a squad. If Rico works hard he'll be useful.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.17.12_zpsexgghdyy.png

Technically he isn't very good at all but the fact Alonso can play all down the left flank makes him an interesting graduate to me.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.18.09_zpskc5y0mlk.png

Molina could and probably should push for a starting spot at left-back. Ideally he'd be a bit quicker and a bit better in an attacking sense but that might come. He's thought of quite highly.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%2000.19.01_zpstvljtdeh.png

Finally Samson looks like a potential first-team keeper. He's got odd technical stats - excellent in some aspects but awful in others. His one-on-one rating is dreadful and that'll need to get to at least an 8 before he plays a first team game. Sad to see his aerial ability so weak given his height. But another to watch carefully.

2025-26 Season Review

FS-La-Massana.png

Lliga Grup Becier: WINNERS!

- Stats

Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round

- Lost to Dinamo Zagreb 8-4 on agg

Europa League - Playoff Round

- Lost to Sevilla 4-1 on agg

Copa Constitucio: Runners-up

- Lost to Lusitanos 3-1 on aggregate

Supercopa Andorrana de Futbol: WINNERS!

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Fixtures 3

Top Goalscorer: Carlos Pereira (YP22d) - P40, G37, A10, RAT:7.97

Fans' Player of the Year: Ruben Noura (YP21b) - P54, G6, A4, RAT: 7.96

Highest Rating: Moises Arroyo (YP21c) - P55, G6, A29, RAT: 7.90

Notable Impact: Noa Le Breton (YP24a) - P45, G24, A15, RAT: 7.67

Squad | Facilities | Overall Statistics | Finances | Club Info | End of Season Awards | Overall Best XI

GENERAL CONSENSUS:

Another season without a treble as we fell to Lusitanos in the cup final. In some ways it's a good thing that we have competition. Our rivals are slowly strengthening. We set the record for goals with 106 scored and points with 103.

In Europe this was a good year, though we fell to much better sides in Dinamo Zagreb and Sevilla. No shame there.

Arroyo set a new average rating record in his 55 games this season, also picking up the player of the season award, while Carlos Pereira led the league in goals. Noura and Le Breton also had good years at the club and at the moment this is our core foursome. Pleased to report they've all signed new deals too, so hopefully they're going to form the spine of the club for a while now.

TEAM OF THE SEASON

OTHER BUSINESS:

- Training and Youth facilities are getting upgraded for the second year running

- Casa Benfica, Sant Julia and Inter Club d'Escaldes have both turned professional

- FK Santa Coloma and Lusitanos both sacked their manager with the former appointing my U18 assman. This happens a LOT :mad:

- New Stadium! So this will take a year to build and finally means we stop sharing the national stadium with a host of other clubs. Honoured to have it named after me too!

FAREWELL:

- Former captain Matthew Ceballos, Jose Serra, Pedro Perez (YP19d), Juan Jose Rey (YP20a) and Alberto Munoz (YP21f) are all leaving on free transfers this summer. Ceballos has played over 400 games for us, Perez almost 250 and Rey bang on 100. They've been a big part of our success but haven't kept pace with the strides we're making.

NATIONAL TEAM:

Awful, awful year for the national team after a few good results. They lost every game they played and haven't even drawn a game since October 2024 (18 months ago). As such they've slumped in the rankings.

SARRIO WATCH:

Another really bad season for Sarrio, even after a managerial change. He's a bit of a cast-off at Bilbao already, playing just 4 games this year and failing to score. I'm starting to wonder if we'll see a return on him at this rate.

MUNOZ WATCH:

Nine goals in 21 games for the PSG reserves is an impressive start for the 18-year-old in France. He also made one appearance for the first team. Still only has 4 caps (and 1 goal) for the national team.

Archived