The Earls Supreme Football Manager Challenge

The Background

This challenge is very much inspired by Ultimate Football Manager Challenge, created by user LetsGetReadyTo. It is not meant as a competitor to that challenge, but more as something that you can play cross-reference or to those who want a slightly different approach to their challenge.

The difference with this challenge is that there are several ways to complete the challenge.

The Rules:

- Start a completely new save-game.

- Your manager must be 20 years old at the start of the game, (or 19 if that happens because you want to use your real birthday). So set the birth year of your manager to be 1995, birth date and month are optional.

- Start Unemployed (and continue unemployed as long as you like).

- Sunday League Reputation

- No Coaching Badges (at the start. You can and should obtain them along the way).

- Stats can be put in either direction and towards what attribute you like, but with Sunday League and no coaching badge you don’t have many points to allocate anyway.

- There are two way to set up your nationality and languages.

a) Choose your real life nationality and real life languages. Languages you are allowed to pick must be either mother language and/or college degree languages. (We trust you to be honest here.)

b) Choose a nationality not you own in real life, then you can have NO sceond nationality and NO extra languages in your profile.

- Disabling attribute masking in the full version of the game is allowed, all other options must be set to normal.

- NO use of in-game editor for anything other than cosmetic changes (e.g. team strips).

- Adding players from nations/continents are allowed and adviced for enabling certain International Teams to be managable.

- Any version of FM from Football Manager 2015 onwards is allowed, (Classic, Full Fat, Touch, Mobile) but note the instructions for Touch below

- You can start with any number of nations loaded, any database size, any start date

- You can use customised database for enabling addiotional leagues but this is optional. If you do use customised databases, it can NOT be one you made yourself. It must be downloadable from steam or an affiliated Football Manager site, and you must provide a link to that database in your first update.

- FM Touch Instructions

- To do this challenge on Touch (FM16) you will need to unlock national management before you start this game. You can do this either by having unlocked it in a previous save and then restarting, or by purchasing it. If you don't do this, you will never be able to manage an international team, which would make the challenge impossible.

- You could also unlock / purchase the attribute masking before starting, but this is discretionary.

- All other unlockables in FM16 Touch are strictly banned, so if you have unlocked any, please ensure that they are not activated at the start of the game.

- I think you need to remove league and nation restrictions at the start of the game so that you can add and remove leagues throughout the game.

Ways to complete the challenge:

GOLD DIGGER

Achieve a lifetime personal salary of at least 100M pounds

LOCAL DOMINANT

Stay at one club (dont need to be the first club you get) and win the following

13 league titles

9 domestic cuptitles (can be both FA and league cup)

2 CL (or equivalent)

1 EL (or equivalent) can be changed for a 3rd CL win.

2 Club World Cup

CULTURE DOMINANT

Win 2 different top league on all continents (1 in Africa, 3 in random continent)

Win 2 diffentent top cup on all continents (1 in Africa, 3 in random continent)

Win CL on all continents playable (or equivalent)

Win all 7 major international titles (EURO, ACON, Asia Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America, World Cup, Confederations Cup)

Win Olympics

COMPLETE MASTER

Win 20 different top leagues

Win 20 different top cups

Win 3 CL with different clubs (can be on any continent)

Win 3 unique major international titles

EUROPEAN UNION

Win UEFA CL 12 times with clubs from at least 6 different nations

Win European Nations Cup 3 times with 3 different nations

-----------------------------------------------------

For updates write as much as you like as often as you like, or just brief updates.

But we would like to see at least a season by season update with the following information per season:

- Club managed

- Final league position (in what league/division)

- Cup progress of that season

- International team managed

- Progress of that international team

- Total career earnings as manager

- Player with most appearances/goals under your management

- Player with most international caps under your management

- If you have loaded any custom database with link (only first update)

- Anything worth mentioning

There will be a point scoring system that I will reveal in this post later on.

In addition to a big bonus for completing one of the ways to fulfill the challenge, there will be points awarded for number of trophies won, number of clubs/leagues managed, number of international trophies won, and number of international teams managed. There will also be points for achieving promotion.

Finally there is a set of extra challenges that can give you bonus points, the following challenges can give you bonus points:

Have a personal contract that gives you more than 100K per week

Earn more than 50M pounds lifetime income

Orient Express: Win the top league in: France (Paris), Germany (Munich), Austria Vienna), Hungary (Budapest), Romania (Bucuresti), Bulgaria (Varna) and Turkey (Istanbul)with clubs from the mentioned cities.

Half a Kilo Man : Have a player play more than 500 games under YOUR management

Kilo Man: Have a player play more than 1000 games under YOUR management

Striker hero: Have a player score more than 250 goals under YOUR management

Stiker supreme: Have a player score more than 500 goals under YOUR manaement

International man: Have a player earn more than 100 caps for his country under YOUR management as the international manager.

National hero: Stay as manager for the same international team for more than 10 seasons.

Mighty club legend: Make a club name their stadium after you as a manager.

British Steel: Take a club from Conference North/South and up to become Premier League Champions

Lord of the british empire: Take a club from Conference North/south and up to become Premier League Champions using only players from your own youth system.

Cartel Boss: Win all the different top divisions in South America (ordinary database leagues)

Opium King: Win all the different top divisions in Asia (ordinary database leagues)

Holy Roman Emperor: Win all the different top divisions in Europe (ordinary database leagues)

Village Hero: Win UEFA CL with a club from a city/town with less than 50.000 people. (Wikipedia is ok for reference)

Guest of Honor: Win Copa America with one of the 2 invited teams.

World Legend: Hold the World Cup, Confed Cup and Cont.Championship titles at the same time with 1 nation. (All trophies must be won with you as a manager.

City of Light: Win UEFA CL with Paris SG as the first manager in history. If another manager wins with PSG before you in your savegame this achievement is no longer possible.

Holy Spirit Tongue Master fluency in at least 25 different languages including your starting languages.

Hall of Fame

No entries yet...

Leaderboards

Manager - Season - Traveling points X Achievements points - Seasonsdivider - HOF points - Extra Challenge points - Total score - Last club

ashton321 - 2017 - 3 X 2 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 2,00 - Black Leopards

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation of the Leaderboard points:

Traveling points are gathered by adding the following criteria:

- Number of unique clubs managed

- Number of unique nations managed in

- Number of unique continents managed in

- Number of International teams managed (senior and olympics teams counts)

This is multiplied by every title won + every promotion won (unique titles and promotions only)

This total is then divided by the number of seasons played.

Finally there is bonuses for extra challenges, a complete list will follow but they range from 25 points to 300 points. And the grand prize for completing one of the ways in the challenge. They range from 750 to 1250 points.

Like this mate. This is good was always one of the issues I had with the other challenge. I always get to attached to a club and don't want to move

Same here.

This is good, plenty of ways to achieve goals, and you also included in the "extra" the dafuge and youth challenge(well, sort of..).

I'm trying to do something very similar to the "local dominant" challenge in my save with FC United(still in L1 tho :p).

Same here.

This is good, plenty of ways to achieve goals, and you also included in the "extra" the dafuge and youth challenge(well, sort of..).

I'm trying to do something very similar to the "local dominant" challenge in my save with FC United(still in L1 tho :p).

Thanks for comments ashton321 and fabreth I felt this challenge could have a go, as you are not necessarily stuck to one path.

If you or anyone else have suggestion for other ways to complete, or other extra challenges please let me know.

I am currently just started and will make a report once 1 season is completed.

Season one-

Took over lionsxII in Malaysian Super league. The team was deep in the relegation zone and I got them out but my last game was against the team below me and the winner would stay up. I ended up losing and got sacked.

Then (still season one) I took over TPS in the Finnish First division. The club was in sixth position halfway through the season. I got them into 3rd 3 point of of second and the playoff spot. During that season I had a young player named Oskari Jakonen Who was had multiple appearances with the Finnish Youngsters.

In summer 2016 after being rejected by Denmark u-23 Sweden u-23 and Nigeria u-23 Argentina found themselves without a head coach very close to the tourney. I applied and I got the job. I brought Rojo, Messi, and Aguero playing a 4-3-3 narrow. My key performers were Romero, Mauri, Messi, and Rojo. Dybala scored in the first game but got injured so I had to replace him unfortunately. We came out winners of our easy group and won our quarter final against Canada with ease then beat Brazil 4-1 in the semi final and in the final played Germany. My goalkeeper had some work to do as we were dominated but managed a 0-0 draw to take it to penalties. Aguero steps up to take the first pen and misses. But the unthinkable happens and so does Germany we ended up beating Germany and winning the olympics.

Season two-

TPS:Boring season to sum it up I played a 4-3-3 and we ran away with the first place team making a gap of 13 points between us and 3rd place. We finished the season in 2nd thanks to great goalscoring performances from Peruvian striker Jhonny Olortegui who scored 16 in 23. All my midfielders finished the season on ratings above a 7.2 one of them 20 years old who got poached due to me not affording his new contract. Well, back to the league 2nd place puts me in a playoff against the second worst team in the Finnish Premier league. I was under the assumption that away goals mattered as the media made me believe they were so I played my solid defensive formation which is almost impenetrable and got a 0-0 draw at home. I then go away and draw 2-2 at full time and think I had won but the game continued. In the 110th minute the other team scored. I threw the team on overload and we got the goal back in the 119th minute taking the game to pens. My team missed the first two pens and and the other team missed the second. My goalkeeper then came up big and saved every penalty and only let in the first. We were up in the premier league. We were also 400k in the red due to out huge running costs for the youth system. Also it doesn't help that my stadia only seats 700 people and half of the ticket sales we lose as we don't own the stadium. Thankfully we are building a new one but we took out a big loan and will pay it pack in big chunks so I expect to go in the red again but it will pay off in the future and thats what matters.

Total earning: 52k

Its nice, but I pointed out it needed to be a fresh savegame. I would be willing to give some exceptions to this, but only to those who have managed only 1 club, no nation and have no competition victories/promotions. And of course all starting criteria need to be followed including starting with out a club/nation to manage.

You have already gained a promotion and a competition victory, so I would urge you to restart to be a part of the challenge. At least to be included in Leaderboard/Hall of Fame.

Its nice, but I pointed out it needed to be a fresh savegame. I would be willing to give some exceptions to this, but only to those who have managed only 1 club, no nation and have no competition victories/promotions. And of course all starting criteria need to be followed including starting with out a club/nation to manage.

You have already gained a promotion and a competition victory, so I would urge you to restart to be a part of the challenge. At least to be included in Leaderboard/Hall of Fame.

I don't see an issue with this as I started at 20 with my actual nationality and My two languages English and Spanish. Since I fulfilled all mandatory criteria and followed the rules of the save I don't see an issue with my current save being valid for leaderboards or hall of fame. If theres anything that you disagree with by all means tell me.

I don't see an issue with this as I started at 20 with my actual nationality and My two languages English and Spanish. Since I fulfilled all mandatory criteria and followed the rules of the save I don't see an issue with my current save being valid for leaderboards or hall of fame. If theres anything that you disagree with by all means tell me.

Not really, and I am very tempted to let this one go. But then where would I draw the line? I know people in the UFMC thread have almost completed this challenge already, should I just let them jump in with 33 trophies to their belt already? I need a census to stick with so its fair for everyone...

Not really, and I am very tempted to let this one go. But then where would I draw the line? I know people in the UFMC thread have almost completed this challenge already, should I just let them jump in with 33 trophies to their belt already? I need a census to stick with so its fair for everyone...

Fair I guess I didn't see the bigger picture.

Fair I guess I didn't see the bigger picture.

But if you don't want to restart, give it a go with your current savegame and post here, and I will give it another thought. Need to sleep on it I guess ;)

Black-Leopards.png

Black Leopards- National First Division - 2015/16

So I couldnt stay away, I took this job with 6 months to go. The old manager had got a job in the Premier League. I looked at the squad and thought it was really good, with Amazulu running away with the league the rest of the league is fairly equal so I had a really good chance of getting close to the top.

League - We were fantastic from when I took over, we really were brilliant. My thoughts that this was a good team was right. We only lost two games from when I took over and drew 3. We were fantastic as we hit the playoffs. We were brilliant in that as well as we dismantled the teams in the mini league with us

Competitions - Not with me

Transfers - None of these were mine

Finance - Awful

Stars

Mongezi Bobe - Getting on a little in years but still quality

Mxollisi Ntshingila - Solid at the back, we struggled a little bit when he was injured

Pule Nonyane - Decent player, did not offer to much going forward though

Next Year

Really good this year, I would expect us to struggle next year so just consolidation would be ideal

Season       Team                 League          Position     Achievements
2015/16      Black Leopards      National 1st       2nd          Promoted

Black-Leopards.png

Black Leopards- National First Division - 2016/17

League - Fantastic season for us as we were well clear of the bottom of the league. We were never in danger of ever being anywhere near a relegation battle. We at one stage looked like we could challenge for continental competitions but in the end a massive amount of mid season injuries cost us. We are still far behind the big boys in the league in terms of quality and budget.

Competitions - Very good in the KO Cup, before we fell to a very decent team. We were awful in the FA Cup and should have really done a little better.

Transfers - Hell of a lot of business in and out for us as I try to get this squad a little bit stronger

Finance - Improved massively hopefully this is reflected in the wage budget next year

Stars

Signs Chibambo - One of my big hopes for this season as he had a decent season the year before in Zambia. It was ok here but injuries hit him and he could have really done a lot better if he had not been

Solomon Okpako - Very good centre midfielder who added steel and a little bit of creativity for us

Pule Nonyane - Decent player, did not offer to much going forward though

Next Year

I think I am going to have to try and bring in some new faces in the off season to strengthen the team. I am particularly week at the back and in goals. This will change hopefully over the summer

2016/17      Black Leopards      National Prem      6th          Survived

Black-Leopards.png

Black Leopards- National Premier Division - 2017/18

League - Weird season. Definatley one that can be described as two halfs. In the first half we struggled to buy a win and were found right down the bottom end of the table. As the first half began to end we started playing a little bit better and were mid table. We then went on a storming run and we were unbeatable in and secured a massive amounts of wins. This was enough to run us up the league and we ended the season 3rd. This is an amazing season for us.

Competitions - We were not very good in the cups that ran in the first half of the season. Our fantastic cup run coincided with our amazing league form. We were good in the cup not only good we won it. This is my first South African title.

Transfers - I focused my sights on chasing some young stars, I had to spend some cash to get them in they are well worth it though

Finance - Despite the big transfer fees still looking very good

Stars

Junior Sibande - Signed in the summer and now looks a little bit of a steal, he has had bits of interest from some big teams this year.

Menzi Masuku - Decent player from one of our signings in the summer

Hendrick Enkstein - Super from the centre forward player had a great season

Next Year

Next year we will have continental competition to look forward to. I think the main aim is to push further towards Kaizer Chiefs they are far and away the best team in the league and the gap must be closed.

2016/17      Black Leopards      National Prem      6th          Survived
2017/18      Black Leopards      National Prem      3rd          Cup Winners

Really can't make up my mind what team/league to go for this time. A part of me want National North/South in England and build up a team, another part want a challenge on a different continent.

Ok, i finally decided to jump in one of the challenges out there. This is with FM15. For now i loaded only european leagues, as for me the only downfall of the Ultimate Challenge was that i get easily bored managing in Asia/Africa(and to some extent managing national teams).

After 6 months of inoccupation, here comes two calls, from Belgium and Holland 2nd divisions. I choose Almere, take over on December 2014, and they are 18th on the Jupiler League. One good thing is the affiliation with Ajax. The squad doesn't seem too bad, and maybe i can snatch some players on January.

Almere-City-FC.png

And so it begins...

Good luck fabreth I have started in Holland with my savegame in UFMC my self, so it can be a good place to start if you can build some reputation by gaining promotion. Maybe not in the first season, but in season 2 perhaps. The dutch Jupiler League has a wicked system for going into play-offs. You can achieve it by being the best team in one of four "quarters" of a season, so actually its still possible in the first season as well.

Welcome to the challenge :)

Almere-City-FC.png

2014/2015 Season Review

League | Best 18 | Carreer Stats

Not so bad after all. Had to reshape the team a little, and the staff too(there was none). Verberne, van der Koy and Rymenants were all new signings. Midfield and attack were already good..well I even have Wesley Snejider's brother! :p

I settled for a fluid and high press 4-2-3-1 and went well. I came very close to the playoff, both with the league that with the 4th period "mini-league", where i finished 2nd, 1 point away from NEC.

It was a good season, and gives me hope for the next one. I already snatched left winger Mamedov as his contract was expiring. De Kogel may have been a key player, but took an injury almost every match.

Next Season

Will try to keep key players and reach the playoffs. Will have to find a good AMC, as Oost doesn't want to renew. As plan B, I could bring back to the midfield line the AMC, set him as advanced playmaker and play Snejider on that position (so, a 4-5-1 wide).

Season       Team                 League          Position     Achievements     Other Notes
2014/15      Almere City FC   Jupiler League        11th                        hired mid-season    

Season 3:

Club:TPS (Finnish Premier Division)

After winning promotion in the previous season I was building my team for consolidation in the top flight I brought in four American youngsters from the strong amateur system in the USA these three players were my best players and all performed above expectations My right back finishing with a 7.49. My center mid finishing on a 7.49. My striker finishing on a 7.24 and my center back finishing with a 7.08. These 4 players along side my EU Africans (Finland counts all Africans and Americans as EU) tore up the league leading the team to 1st place as HJK had an off season finishing 3rd. The financials of TPS are in an abysmal state at the moment as I really stretched the clubs finances and lucky I was rewarded with champions league football for the next season. As for the cup we made it to the semi-final but lost to a second division team.

Big goal contributors:Andy Castro(18 goals, 3 assists) Stephan Yeboah(12 goals, 10 assists) Jhonny Olortegui(11 goals, 4 assists) Kevin Mombilo(9 goals, 14 assists) Drilon Shala(11 goals, 6 assists)

Of the players listed above Yeboah had caps at the youth level for Ghana.

Finland job opened up but no hire.

Summary:

Season 1:Lions XII(Relegated) && TPS(Mid table)

Summer:Argentina u-23(Olympics win)

Season 2:TPS(promotion playoff win)

Season 3:TPS(Title win)

Total Earnings($62k)

Almere-City-FC.png

2015/2016 Season Review

Competitions | Best 11 | Carreer Stats

I approached the new season with high hopen, and yes, they were justified. An excellent season brought us a well deserved promotion. As you can see the squad was almost the same, I just brought in loans to cover the AMC and ST roles. Ait Afkir was the surprise, banging goals for the first half of the season.

The national cup saw us against FC Twente in our first match.. we fought hard, ending the match 2-2, but lost in the penalty kicks.

Next Season

I could try to search for another team, but i fear I'm still "too young" and not known. Maybe another season in Almere, trying to stay safely in Eredivisie, could boost my reputation enough.

Season       Team                 League          Position     Achievements     Other Notes
2014/15      Almere City FC    Jupiler League       11th                       hired mid-season    
2015/16      Almere City FC    Jupiler League        1st       Promotion!

150px-Team_China_Football_Ver_2011.png

China U-23

Heres a quick update on an international tournament I took part of in the ongoing season with the Chinese U-23 squad. We took part in the Asian U-23 tourny and we ended up progressing through to the semi finals where we were beaten by Iran on Pens and in the 3rd place game my side lost 2-0 to South Korea.

tpsgold.gifTPS (Turun Palloseura)

I wish to share with you a really interesting and helpful thing I found out this save. While looking through the youth intakes of various nations snapping up anyone on trial I thought could challenge for a first team position I realized that a lot of these youngsters shared the same agents. Now this was not anything of note at the beginning but I looked through the list of clients and I found a lot more players who were good enough to play for my club. Not only that but as I signed some players the agents didn't really want big agent fees as we had good relations.97d67bfabbfaa29f4243f0cc05f76ec4.png

By the way the crest for TPS may be incorrect as it is the hockey teams crest. Now, I'd assume they are the same but you never know.

220px-HC_TPS_logo.svg.png

Turun Palloseura

League Cup

To start every Season in Finland the top flight begins the year with a friendly cup. We won it by a landslide only losing two games in the group.

Premier League

Not even a contest we blew the other teams on their asses leaving them not knowing where they are. We 32 points was the difference between us and 2nd place and our squad broke many records such as the scoring and defensive records as well as ill discipline records. 8 of my players were named in team of the season 5 of which will be leaving on free transfers in the off season (due to my sub par managing of finances).

Finnish Cup

This is the real cup and it's really not worth mentioning we were beaten by a second division team.

Champions League

Eliminated by Bate Borisov. We did put in a good fight.

Big contributors:

Stephen Yeboah(27 goals, 11 assists, 7.84 avg) Andy Castro(18 goals, 3 assists, 7.65 avg) Youssouf Kante(17 goals 11 assists, 7.70 avg) Jean Marc Koffi(14 goals, 3 assists, 7.74 avg) James GardnerKlinsmann gave him a cap!(2 goals, 21 assists 7.93 avg) Nathan Knight(4 goals, 5 assist, 7.68 avg)

Notable Departures:

Yeboah(HJK)"biggest Finnish club"

Knight(Spain)

Gardner(Russia)

Castro(Poland)

Onuh(HJK)

Next Season:

Although things may seem tough after losing all those big players I have a strong batch of youngsters and rotation players that are ready to make the step up next season the team will be weaker in the short term but in the long term these departures will benefit us financially and make our squad stronger.

Summary:

International: China u-23(4th place asian u-23 tourney)

Season 4:TPS(Title win)

Total Earnings($73k)

So after months of being away from the forums, instead of me restarting my 'Ultimate Challenge' in 2015 (**** you HDD for blowing up and deleting my 13 year save that had almost completed the ultimate challenge) im just gonna give this a shot as im starting a brand new game and plan to stick with it a while.

I'll keep updating as and when i have time and complete a season.

I loaded up my leagues, basically all the home nations (England/Scot/Ire/NI and Wales) atm and got a job at Annan in the Scottish League 2.

Board expect promotion so hopefully this can help push me up the reputation scale asap.

Good luck spacebar

I am finally into this challenge on my own. Playing is a bit slower at the moment, as work and other private stuff take most of my time.

After a couple of months looking for my first club, I came up with Linfield in Danske Bank Premiership.

More news will follow as I complete my first season, but it looks good so far. :)

180px-NK_Zadar_Logo_2012.png

Quick update:

I left TPS and joined Croatian second division side NK Zadar. It was late in the season and we narrowly avoided relegation with a squad that doesn't fit my vision or philosophy so there is a lot of work to do in the off season. I also have the South Korea full first team job so thats good.

Summary:

International: China u-23(4th place asian u-23 tourney)

Season 4:TPS(Title win)

Season 4.5 NK Zadar(avoid relegation)

Total Earnings($525k)

6280644106_868b2dbba5.jpg

Real Socieadad B - Season 2015/2016 - Spanish Second Division B2

League Table - http://imgur.com/GPNXNR0

Transfers - http://i.imgur.com/5q9iRS9.png

So my game started and i loaded up a few leagues (English/Scottish/Spanish/French/Welsh/Irish/German/Danish/Holland) and i instantly have noticed that the FM16 seems a LOT harder to get a team at the start with your zero reputation manager. FM15 was a lot easier and a lot of the clubs i would easily have got there, i couldnt get on this save.

I finally got a couple of interviews and decided to go with Real Socieadad B because, well, their finances were basically perfect due to their A team, the players they had in their B squad were really good as they were being used to prepare them for A.

Started off with a decent attacking 4-1-2-2-1 formation to use my decent AMs i had.

It took a while to get used to the formation, with my first 10-15 games very close most of the time and losing 3 of my first 10. I then decided to bring in a experienced striker to help out my 19 year old striker. This turned out to be a god send as he hit 10 goals in the first 8 games. He then got a massive injury and after recovering was never the same. An average rating of 7.12 was great though.

After Christmas, with a run of 12 wins in 14 games, i managed to get up and was fighting for 1st. With my rivals falling off in the last 6 games, even with me losing 2 out of the 6 i managed to win the league and get into promotion playoffs.

I won both the SFs and Finals, with both over 2 legs and took the title as well as promotion, with my team being predicted mid table.

Anyway, i resigned slightly after the next season began as they took 6 of my star players for RSA (3 of which they instantly loaned out to BBVA teams in my own league) and had given me a transfer budget of nothing to replace them. Ive taken a step 'down' in my clubs and joined Cheltenham town in the Vanarama National League, who was sitting bottom of the league with 0 wins in 10 after being promotion candidates. Im hoping i can increase my rep more in the english leagues with more promotions.

740.png

Cheltenham Town - Seasons 2016/17 + 17/18 - Vanarama National League

Year 3 Manager Profile - http://imgur.com/tVxnNGU

Season 2016/17.

League Table - http://imgur.com/Io7VuQF

Transfers - http://imgur.com/nY7e9n4

So, i joined Cheltenham Town over a third into the league season, with Cheltenham sitting bottom with 4 points in 10 games, after being touted as champion contenders after finishing 4th last season and missing out in the playoffs. They were around 200k in debt, so when i went in, the team had lost a lot of players, the wages were weak and i was worried as the board had requested promotion when i joined. That, didnt go well. Twice during the season i was told that i had to win the next game.

The team had lost 24 players when i joined, and had a squad of 17 and with 46 games to play, with some games only 2 days apart, i had to get some very young free transfers in on very cheap wages.

Towards the end of the season, realised i couldnt get promotion at all and the Board gave me a target of 13 points in the next 15 games or i would be fired, i refused that and said it was too high and managed to get it to 11 out of 15. With 2 games remaining and 3 games in the new season, i managed to hit 13/15 points and get through that period anyway.

Finishing 14th was a terrible season though and i knew i had to get off the ground running very quickly in the new season, with my tactics near perfected and a promise of a bit more wage budget, i was confident though.

There wasnt much to talk about in terms of cups, we went out horribly in both of them.

Season 2017/18

League Table - http://imgur.com/NznJ3AD

Transfers - http://imgur.com/6OJ6uIe

Star Players - http://imgur.com/SwCBlNz and http://imgur.com/hMrgnUn

CHAMPIONS!!!

What a turn around from last season (Though i was a lot more confident now), finishing 1st with 4 games remaining was a massive boost and earned me a 1 year extension on my contract.

The season started well with 4 wins and a draw in the first 5 games, pipping Grimsby to the top which i would then hold by GD for a couple of games before slowly pulling away. With still no transfer funds but a better wage budget, i was able to pick up some decent young players, one let go by Stoke City who became my number 1 keeper that conceded rarely (At one point, around 9 games with no concede), as well as picking up an insane talent in the form of Connor Hunte who picked up 22 goals and 18 assists in 44 games from my Parent Club, Wolves.

It wasnt a complete run away but it wasnt difficult either, a few injury scares along the way, as well as 2 take over attempts that i wish had gone through because the club DESPERATELY needs funds from somewhere. Im keeping the wages low but the debts i walked into are still racking up.

We went out embarrassingly of both cups, both time to lower league oppositions, one game being a thrilling 6-4 though.

Ive enjoyed my time at Cheltenham so far, ive managed to take 3 coaching courses and improve my skills and reputation but with the year extension, i made sure there was no compensation clauses in my contract so i can move to a higher league team if i want.

Myself and my players did a clean sweep of awards, Me with the Best Manager and Hunte with best player/YP.

So now thats 2 league titles and hopefully we can carry on going up and up. (Or until a L1/Championship team comes along)

Almere-City-FC.png

2016/2017 Season Review

Competitions | Best 11 | Carreer Stats

League

So this is my first season in a top tier league. To prepare the team, I had few resources, and I found few players to reinforce the squad. Bas Kuipers for the defence(already on loan past season), Alfredo Meija and David Ivan for midfield, and McLaughlin as a left winger(or center/right if need arises). On top of that, I renew the loans of Stokkers and Ilari.

It wasn't a very good start, with 4 points in the first 8 matches, but then we began to play better football and achieve good results for a newly promoted team, always staying safely around the 13th place. Until the end of february where a bit of a slump with 3 consecutive losses and 1 point in 5 matches made me worry about relegation, until a great 4-2 away victory against Vitesse.

It was the season of Fabian Serrarens, his role as target man make him score many goals, and Ahannach, despite being a turn-over midfielder, played really well, and could be a potential first team player next season.

Cup

We went unexpectedly, thanks also to a fairly easy draw, in the quarters of the Beker, but Heerenveen stopped our dream.

Next season

Reputation is "national", I have another year of contract and no team has even come close to consider me(well I'm not asking interviews, but I prefer to wait or ask when I resign/end contract with my current team), so I think another season here should be optimal.

2014/15      Almere City FC    Jupiler League       11th                       hired mid-season    
2016/17	     Almere City FC      Eredivisie         14th

740.png

Cheltenham Town - Season 2018/19 - Sky Bet League 2

League Table - http://imgur.com/svslhvY

Transfers - http://imgur.com/HhfphXs

So, with a eventual promotion to League2, my expectations this season was around mid-table and to build a team to challenge for promotion.
I got rid of a ton of players who just couldnt help me in this league, i also added a couple of newly released players including a young 19 year old Alex Bradley, released from West Bromwich Albion who became one of my star players.

The season started off okay, 4 losses in 11 games but i picked up 5 wins and put myself in the upper table. Around the mid-way point of the season, i went on a 18 game unbeaten run, with 8 wins in the league. This put me in 3rd with 1st-8th within 5 points of each other.

The last third of the season was all up in the air, the top teams all losing and failing to get wins from easier teams, with 4 games to go, i was placed in 5th place, 3 points off automatic promotion and 1 behind the 2 teams in the playoffs. Somehow, 4 points in the last 4 games was enough to pop me up to 2nd place and i got promoted by the skin of my teeth.

In the offseason, i was offered a number of interviews at around 20 clubs. Over half of them were league 2/League1 and didnt interest me at all.

I was also interviewed for Stoke City and Brighton who had just been relegated from the Premiership but eventually didnt get them. I did however move on and get an interview at Millwall who offered a £7M transfer budget and £240k Wage Budget.

After Cheltenham found out, that offered me a new contract and asked what i needed to stay. Just being promoted to League1, our Training facilities were poor but they refused to upgrade them (Even though id made them £1.3M in the 3 seasons with them) and refused to upgrade our youth facilities. So i left there when i was offered the Millwall job, now in the process of trying to hit playoffs with them.

I also saw that the U21 Championships had just finished and i applied and was given the U21 England Manager role to help my reputation build.

All in all, Cheltenham has given me a good couple of years and i move on with good memories of the club.

Almere-City-FC.png

2017/2018 Season Review

Competitions | Transfers

This season i started bringing in a few more players. The usual Ajax leftover, plus more. To these, Collin was a little underwhelming, whereas Jeraldino, despite a difficult start, fared really well, and at the end of the season brought on himself the interest of various teams.

The season itself started a bit unlucky as we often played better than the opponents but ended up drawing or losing. The squad was better, and when the imprecision of our attacks ended, we climbed up positions. More or less a little below mid-table until the end of the season, ending 10th, not bad after all.

The cup, instead, was very disappointing, as we were eliminated by a far lesser team.

Next season...well, not yet..

The season was not finished for me. In the end of 2017, Ghana appointed me as their manager. They are in the 2018 World Cup, and I intended to play that, and, especially, qualify and have a go in the 2019 African Cup. I resigned from Almere to better concentrate on Ghana.

So...

Ghana.png

2018 Review

World Cup draw was interesting. We ended up in the group with Colombia, Honduras(where my Almere midfielder Meija plays), and Holland(well.. I come from there).
I expected something better, but already the first match told me otherwise. 1-1 against Honduras. Then came Holland, and that.. well I feel very ashamed. 7-0, 4 goals from Depay. The spectacular 4-4 in the final match against Colombia only guaranteed our last position in the group.

They didn't sack me and the African Cup qualifications went better. We should have easily won the group and we've done just that. Now on the cup, January 2019 is approaching...

CLUBS
2017/18      Almere City FC      Eredivisie         10th

NATIONAL TEAMS
Year         Team                 Achievements
2018         Ghana                Failed miserably in the World Cup. Qualified easily for the African Cup.

Ghana.png

2019 African Cup Review

Continuing the winning streak from the qualifications, we win our group. The victory over Ivory Coast and some important eliminations in other groups gave us confidence for the approaching quarter finals. We were the strongest team of the remaining eight.

Maybe too much confidence, as we needed extra time to overcome Gabon. Then, two tense matches against Mali and Senegal, especially the last one obviously, as it was the final. But the trophy was ours!

Profile  Carreer Stats

After the victory it's time for me to resign from Ghana, as I've reached the maximum possible with them, and return to a club job. Nothing very interesting came out in February - April, then, after the end of the various leagues, here they come.

PSG, Porto, Benfica - interviewed but refused

Austria Wien, Anderlecht, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, Monaco - interviewed and contract offered, I was about to choose between them until...

Spoiler

Borussia-Dortmund.png

Well, this is a big jump, I hope i will be ready. Will the player even listen to a 25yr manager? We'll see... they ended 5th past season and obviously they want to return to challenge for the title. I start at the beginning of the season, so that's good.. but there isn't much money (if I don't sell anyone).

CLUBS
2017/18      Almere City FC      Eredivisie         10th

NATIONAL TEAMS
Year         Team                 Achievements
2018         Ghana                Failed miserably in the World Cup. Qualified easily for the African Cup.
2019         Ghana                African Cup Winner

Archived