Sports Interactive Community
Djstu23

Group B - Slovakia V England & Russia V Wales

Wilshere and Henderson have been pathetic.
I think Henderson has done a good job...he has faded as the game's gone on though.

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Stop embarrassing yourself like you did in the last England game.

I didn't think you could be any worse than you were in GD but it seems like you can :rolleyes:

England in the last 2 games (didnt see the Russia game) just seem poor at putting a decent ball in the box

I think Henderson has done a good job...he has faded as the game's gone on though.

His crossing has been non league standard. He's a waste of a shirt.

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Stop embarrassing yourself like you did in the last England game.
I would imagine most people don't rate Sturridge as world class mate...and the posyt I made was clearly just having a laugh at that. Calm down mate...enjoy the England game :)

Blame the magician Suarez for the Sterling and Sturridge hype.

Sturridge is good though.

I didn't think you could be any worse than you were in GD but it seems like you can :rolleyes:

Glad to disappoint you :)

Are you still not a mod?

Disappointing really, made two good chances despite the dominance. Henderson has wasted almost everything he has done and his set pieces have been worse than Kane's. Would be happy to see Wilshere or Henderson subbed off at this rate. Sturridge has been pretty useless as well.

I would imagine most people don't rate Sturridge as world class mate...and the posyt I made was clearly just having a laugh at that. Calm down mate...enjoy the England game :)

I'm calm :)

Wilshere has struggled and whoever said Henderson was poor must be watching a different game.

Glad to disappoint you :)

I think its Liverpool thats disappointed not me.

First 20 minutes were good with plenty of movement and pleased to see them passing forward in midfield then they got the Vardy chance which saw them play a few hollywood balls. Finally it went a bit static like against Russia with the forwards standing around.

Need to get back to the movement we had early in the half.

Disappointing really, made two good chances despite the dominance. Henderson has wasted almost everything he has done and his set pieces have been worse than Kane's. Would be happy to see Wilshere or Henderson subbed off at this rate. Sturridge has been pretty useless as well.

Dont get this sort of negativity. I think England have played well. Again. Just need patience. Chances are being created, the goal will come. No need to make any changes tbh.

I think Sturridge has interpreted that role quite well actually.

Slovakia have been really disappointing. Offered nothing.

We haven't clicked so far and just look a bit clunky. Slovakia really haven't offered much so far though. We definitely need a win...but I feel it's coming...even if we end up sneaking a 1 nil.

Clyne and Henderson have been our best two players that half. Vardy's looked lively at times but hasn't had too much service. Tough to break Slovakia down.

Wilshere's had a bit of a shocker. Not much more to write about.

Wiltshire is playing as well you'd expect for someone who's barely played in 18 months.

ie like someone who should be nowhere near the starting XI.

Dont get this sort of negativity. I think England have played well. Again. Just need patience. Chances are being created, the goal will come. No need to make any changes tbh.

I think Sturridge has interpreted that role quite well actually.

Slovakia have been really disappointing. Offered nothing.

I am saying the lack of chances is disappointing, overall a decent performance.

2 and a half games without seeing a goal now ffs.

Clyne and Henderson have been our best two players that half. Vardy's looked lively at times but hasn't had too much service. Tough to break Slovakia down.

Wilshere's had a bit of a shocker. Not much more to write about.

How has Henderson been the best player? His crossing has been utterly abysmal. Adds nothing to the side that we didn't have previously. Kane was better at corners ffs.

Wilshere showing why he needs more game time and certainly couldn't be relied upon to control England's midfield. So off the pace. Sturridge needs to be less selfish, lay it off to Vardy. Need more composure from us

Sturridge is a bit greedy which is fine when he plays up front but a little wasteful when he plays wider. He had at least a couple of shots in that half from outside the box where he should have passed.

Meh should have watched the Wales game, if I switch now it will end up 3- 3 in the England game.

Well Bertrand and Hendo have been woeful and that's been nice. Sturridge needs to **** off dropping to CDM. If that was Sterling he'd be getting slaughtered. Still would have Sterling playing if playing with Wingers. Need someone direct down there.

Am starting to think that I wouldn't mind a more established team in the next round. I can't take much more of this probing possession football trying to break a team down who are cramped in their own half. It's too frustrating. I think a team like Portugal would be a nice change and a more entertaining game to watch.

Personally, I think Henderson has done well. His passing has been quick and sharp and it's been mainly him that has moved into space above the midfield that has then pushed their midfield back or made them break their lines and that has let us get in space etc. His set pieces have been poor though...but then, we're English, who hasn't been???

Rooney for Wilshere the only change I'd go for, and even that is mainly just to have someone take a set piece

No doubt Roy is telling Sterling to get ready.

Then Milner on as well to sure things up.

Rooney for Wilshere the only change I'd go for, and even that is mainly just to have someone take a set piece

Agreed.

Not much to complain about apart from wilshere and the set pieces both being poor

Catch 22, he needs time on the pitch to get up to speed so maybe better to leave him on.

Personally, I think Henderson has done well. His passing has been quick and sharp and it's been mainly him that has moved into space above the midfield that has then pushed their midfield back or made them break their lines and that has let us get in space etc. His set pieces have been poor though...but then, we're English, who hasn't been???

He's done nothing you would expect of someone else....and then his crossing has been appalling. Every corner has hit the first man and every other cross has gone sailing over everybody. Both he and Wilshere should never have started.

Catch 22, he needs time on the pitch to get up to speed so maybe better to leave him on.

I don't mind him being on the first 10/15 minutes of the second half

I wouldn't change anything yet, we've been decent, lots more time yet to get the win needed. Performance has been okay so far imo.

Indeed. Wilshere needs to move the ball much faster. Too long on it and too slow to react, but isn't passing out of the press. He should be looking to find Henderson moving with short sharp passes. Henderson has been feeding Lallana well but set piece is dire.

There's certainly no desperate need for a change and I'll eat my hat if Hodgson makes one (unless there's an injury)

The only big losers tonight here are Russia... everyone else can progress.

They need to up their Meldonium. Worst team at the tournament.

Can't pretend he has been good but Wilshere must detest the fans, seeing him scapegoated everywhere.

Bang one in Jack :mad:

They need to up their Meldonium. Worst team at the tournament.

Hard to top Romania... Impressive getting to the tournament, finished 4th in the group