Group B - Slovakia V England & Russia V Wales

Djstu23

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame Hodgson left us unable to play any other way, complete lack of wingers taken.

Exactly. It's a top heavy squad best suited to the diamond, but we are playing 4-3-3 instead. Lallana has looked good (before being subbed) because he is capable of playing wide and at 10. He actually should England's 10 in a diamond.

Yeah...not Hodgson's fault this. We've had the right play and chances, maybe not many cutting edge ones, but we should have definitely created more with this team. Just one of those types of matches, seen them before and there'll be others like this yet. Not the worst I've seen from us by a long shot...knockouts could see us being completely different really, or just go out first round. Football innit :(

Yeah...not Hodgson's fault this. We've had the right play and chances, maybe not many cutting edge ones, but we should have definitely created more with this team. Just one of those types of matches, seen them before and there'll be others like this yet. Not the worst I've seen from us by a long shot...knockouts could see us being completely different really, or just go out first round. Football innit :(

We haven't had the right play at all. No ideas whatsoever.

But that's partly the reason. The shape with our personnel hasn't really fot the best from our front three, or the midfield. Vardy not existent, Sturridge pulling narrow and deep from a wide position he shouldn't really be in. Trying to create interplay in the pocket without a striker dropping deep, nor a 10 there. All sub optimal.

Should have started with the best eleven.

Whats a best eleven?

Really isn't such a thing in the England squad, several of the players are at a similar level.

I think a big positive in the group games is the way we've had the bulk of the ball and looked fairly solid at the back.

But that's partly the reason. The shape with our personnel hasn't really fot the best from our front three, or the midfield.
I agree with this really...I think a better formation is needed with the squad he's chosen compared to the first 11 we've played so far.

That was ****. Far too slow and too many midfielders trying to play through the middle. It's not fashionable to get the ball wide to a winger and lump crosses in the box but it would be better that pile of ****.

Ha, amazing for Wales.

Portugal are so going to come second and knock England out in last 16

Its virtually impossible for Portugal to come 2nd in group F.

They would need Iceland/Austria to draw while also having a higher scoring draw vs Hungary.

****ing spineless performance from Slovakia, offered utterly nothing and just sat everyone behind the ball, never even tried to go forward

That's exactly why the expansion is a poor idea. If 3rd couldn't qualify, they would have went for it instead.

Archived