Group B - England vs England B (involving some Welsh players) 14:00 BBC 1

Barry Cartman

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see Shearer taking the exact point I was about to write. Far too narrow in the front 3. Rooney has been dire too, easy to say he's not a Centre Mid but not sure what's he actually doing today apart from being bypassed in defence far too much. Wilshere (or Milner even) needs to be on. Think Sterling's chance was a lot harder than people give credit for, it's essentially a stretch on the half-volley. Difficult to control and doubtful anybody else actually gets on the end of it.

Rooney has been poor, just hoofing the ball forward with most of them being poor. He caused the goal as well and has been lazy in midfield.

We're too narrow, it's Hodgson fault for not taking wingers.

You've got you're blinkers on again aiston. Don't like a player so think he's poor every game. Rooney gave away the foul but beyond that he's passing been very good, I think he's only given the ball away once all half.

You've got you're blinkers on again aiston. Don't like a player so think he's poor every game. Rooney gave away the foul but beyond that he's passing been very good, I think he's only given the ball away once all half.

Rooney has given the ball away 5-6 times, I am also included times where the player the ball went to couldn't get to it but got touch (like walker at the end)..also when Rose has to slide to stop the ball going out. Rooney offers nothing someone like Wilshere can, at least he is a midfielder.

one free kick is a hell of a lot more than absolutely nothing.

Several corners caused problems, Sterling missed a sitter, penalty shout (I'd argue it wasn't one)

Not saying it's a lot, but again, Wales didn't do more.

One thing this formation shows is that if you are having 1 upfront, Vardy is the better fit. Kane needs to have someone upfront with him or just playing off him. Having a diamond and a striker who is not that fast is bound to cause yourself problems. Interesting to see what Woy does at H/T

Rooney has given the ball away 5-6 times, I am also included times where the player the ball went to couldn't get to it but got touch (like walker at the end)..also when Rose has to slide to stop the ball going out. Rooney offers nothing someone like Wilshere can, at least he is a midfielder.

That ball to Walker: It wasn't a perfect pass but Walker needed to be faster, he practically jogged to it like he didn't fancy it. He can run faster than that.

Only so much you can blame the manager. Its typical England and have been like this for years, even before Hodgson. They just choke and cant handle pressure when it matters

Before at least pressure was a QF or SF. Hodgson the dinosaur has managed to make pressure the 2nd group game.

I'd back any other recent England team pre-Hodgson to be winning this one.

I'd back this England generation (with a competent manager) to do a lot better.

People blame the player quality for England's woes, I blame the FA's inability (over last 20 years) to pick suitable managers for the wages they offer.

Only so much you can blame the manager. Its typical England and have been like this for years, even before Hodgson. They just choke and cant handle pressure when it matters

What pressure? Nobody's expected England to do much in this tournament.

Don't think Sid is sufficiently evolved to have developed what we'd consider 'eyes'.

Anyone with knowledge of football would tell you that Wales despite being poor has been better than the diabolical England in the first half. Fully deserved lead.

Anyone with knowledge of football would tell you that Wales despite being poor has been better than the diabolical England in the first half. Fully deserved lead.

I'm Welsh through and through and you're talking rubbish.... Wales are clinging on by the skin of their teeth frankly.

Archived