Group B - England vs England B (involving some Welsh players) 14:00 BBC 1

Barry Cartman

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Dier, Rooney, Sterling, Kane, Lallana.

Bloody idiot. So predictable as well. Ignoring Rooney he takes 4 strikers and only uses 1. Is he expecting half of them to get the trots or something?

Bloody idiot. So predictable as well. Ignoring Rooney he takes 4 strikers and only uses 1. Is he expecting half of them to get the trots or something?

And doesn't take an extra winger or DM.

The arrogant Englishman inside me is not worried about their lineup. On paper we have the beating of them.

I think the key could be how we use our subs if the game is tight.

Anyway enjoy all, im off downstairs to watch... put in segregation between me and my cat and dog, just in case it gets spicy :D

It's one of those things where I'll get a vibe once the game starts. Are we going to be in freeze mode, panicing, putting 5 yard balls out of play cause there's some pressure. I hope we can deal with that stuff now. Watch Bale in the air too and ropey free kicks around the box

Come one, England!!!

If Ramsey decides to turn up,

if Allen doesn't mess the plan up with his backwards passing,

if Williams carries on with his usual game,

if Gunter keeps it up and has Sterling in his pocket, which I know he can,

And if Bale decides to play ...

We have a chance... if not, I imagine England won't make the same mistake as last match.

We have a chance... if not, I imagine England won't make the same mistake as last match.

You forgot the Roy Hodgson de-buff England has.

England already has made the same mistake by playing with the same exact players that failed to win against a weak Russia team.

We have to start Sterling as the fool is playing 4-3-3 and he's the only winger we've got. Got 4 backup strikers though :thup::rolleyes:

This is the incredible thing. He picked his squad based on a formation he had only tried once or twice and hadn't worked in either. He kept trying it in friendlies and still didn't work. So he's reverted to his staple and now has the wrong players to fill it.

You mean like Lallana?

Well what is Lallana?

He is closer to a winger than Sturridge/Vardy are but tbh it should be two up top to make use of the strikers, hell we have arguably the the best strikers in the tournament and we aren't using them.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the England line-up? You don't want to play a narrow formation against a team playing 3-5-2, you want to get the ball out wide and try and isolate the wide CBs. Just look at how bad Belgium were a couple of days ago against Italy.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the England line-up? You don't want to play a narrow formation against a team playing 3-5-2, you want to get the ball out wide and try and isolate the wide CBs. Just look at how bad Belgium were a couple of days ago against Italy.

True but with the diamond it virtually lines up man for man, Dier would drop between the two DCs while the fullbacks push on making it something of a 352.

Don't mind us unchanged - got to play with wingers against Wales meaning we've got to play Sterling.

I also thought that we were good vs Russia - our failure to win really was just one of those things.

Kane because Roy can't see the wood for the trees :(

I can't believe Kane himself prefers it that way, surely as a striker he wants to be in the box.

My theory is that Kane & Hodgson has slapped a few quid on Kane to take most corners

Should go for 4132. The FB's can give more width or support the DM and you can play 2 strikers. Flexible and plays to the players strengths.

Should go for 4132. The FB's can give more width or support the DM and you can play 2 strikers. Flexible and plays to the players strengths.

You say that like that won't happen here anyways, can see both Walker and Rose being forward a lot to push their WBs back. I'd rather play 3 attackers to go 1v1 on their DCs to stretch them wider then have 2v3 in that area.

Archived