Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mufred

Newgen problem with Basque nation

Hi, I'm working on a db where Catalonia and Basque country are real nations, with national teams etc, but where the clubs still play in the spanish league system. For Catalonia I edited Andorra, for Basque country I gave the existing Basque country a continent so it becomes a valid nation.

I have a problem with newgens however. The catalan teams get catalan newgens, but the basque teams get newgens where Spain is the nationality and basque is the second nationality (like it is in the original database). Both the catalan and basque clubs have Spain set as Nation and international cup playing nation (so they can play in the spanish leagues) but based in Catalonia/Basque country, with the intent that it will generate newgens from the correct nation. So it works for the catalan clubs but not the basque, and I don't know why. All cities, local regions the players come from are of course set to Basque country, but even though a newgen has Bilbao as his birthplace he has Spain as 1st nationality and Basque as 2nd.

Any ideas?

Basque nationality is quite complicated since it has to be the 2nd nationality for players to be eligible for Athletic Bilbao. You should leave Basque nationality intact and edit different one, i.e. Gibraltar, so Basque regens will have dual Basque nationality. But this will probably cause problems with regen names, additional work will be needed to change languages, nationalities of existing players, etc.