Every team has played 1 game. How do you rate Euro 2016 so far?

Redshift

How do you rate Eyro 2016 so far?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Eyro 2016 so far?

On a scale of 1-10.

For me it has been pretty enjoyable so far as the smaller teams have tried to make a go of it rather than park the bus. Some have got results too and there has been a few surprise results too.

Also, what are your highlights so far?

Edit: Can't speel Euro. :p

Ive enjoyed every game pretty much, the only team ive not liked is Northern Ireland, even the other 'smaller' nations have given it a go, but Northern Ireland didnt.

Biggest highlight for me is probably the Italians, really enjoyed their game.

6.5, would be 7.5 if UEFA kicked Northern Ireland out ;)

Bit average for me. Was hoping for a few more goals but can't complain about the competitiveness as most games have been up for grabs going into the latter stages.

I think the refs have done well, bit boring at times but theres been a handful of decent goals and watching the steam engine that is schweinsteiger power towards the ball really made me laugh out loud. 7/10

Not the same level of entertainment as a World Cup, not enough variation in tactics and style of play for me. Plus, I want to see MORE GOALS!! :mad:

Solid 6 so far though. Enjoyable enough games. Not seen many smiles either, everyone so serious these days :(

It's been really good' date=' good to see all the doomers saying the format would lead to negative football being proven wrong so far.[/quote']

Can someone be bothered to do a comparison with round 1 in the last euros? Seems like there's been less goals than normal.

Can someone be bothered to do a comparison with round 1 in the last euros? Seems like there's been less goals than normal.

Euro 12 - 20 goals in first round of matches (8) = 2.5 per game

Euro 16 - 22 goals in first round of matches (12) = 1.83 per game

You don't need goals to make it a good tournament.

All games have been close with both sides having chances to take the points so far.

Yea I know, but goals are the reason teams attack. You can judge how attack minded a tournament has been by the amount of goals scored. Well, in theory it's a good measure.

Euro 12 - 20 goals in first round of matches (8) = 2.5 per game

Euro 16 - 22 goals in first round of matches (12) = 1.83 per game

Pretty much an extra goal a game then. Hoping for more goals as teams open up in the second round.

Yea I know, but goals is the reason teams attack. You can judge how attack minded a tournament has been by the amount of goals scored. Well, in theory it's a good measure.

Not really, teams can be attack minded but come up against solid, well drilled defences.

Personally I would say this year defences mostly fall into this category while the quality of strikers is probably low compared to other tournaments. There are loads of quality midfielders around atm but a lot of countries are struggling to find real goal scoring strikers.

Not really, teams can be attack minded but come up against solid, well drilled defences.

Personally I would say this year defences mostly fall into this category while the quality of strikers is probably low compared to other tournaments. There are loads of quality midfielders around atm but a lot of countries are struggling to find real goal scoring strikers.

Probably true, the quality of strikers is definitely down from previous years. The vast majority of official MOTM awards have been midfielders so far.

I like good tactical exchanges, but when you're watching football back to back for days you kinda find yourself longing for a good ol' humdinging 4-3 every now and again.

been a bit drab at times, but one or two good matches.

I like the shocks. Austria was really hyped up, Hungary rated as the rank outsiders of the tournament. And everyone underrated the Italians...again. Germany didn't look their best from what I saw but maybe they're warming up. Spain looked promising. Portugal, and England thwarted in matches both should have won. Ireland looked pretty neat defending, but noone was defending Sweden's move. Will Northern Ireland get to score a goal?

Actually, not at all that exciting. That is mainly cause the groups aren't particularly exciting based on the expanded format. The games have been fine but the match ups not really set the pulse racing. Feels a bit like qualifying in a way. Out of the entire group stages if I look at the games that excite me ahead of time, well, it's not too many tbh

As and when they're happening they've been enjoyable enough without blowing me away or being super memorable

I think with a majority of 3rd placed teams going through you'd think teams can just go out and play knowing that even with 0 points you can win your final game and potentially go through but don't think that has happened. I think the more realistic thinking is damn, there will be 3rd placed teams in the knockout stages .. it's even MORE important to top the group and play one of those in the last 16!!

Really enjoyed the Turkey-Croatia, Germany-Ukraine, and the Wales-Slovakia games.

Was bored during Northern Ireland-Poland. The rest of the games were ok.

Very few stand-out games so far, but also very few stinkers. So I guess that's a plus.

But most of the teams have been playing very organized that's for sure.

edit: gave it a 7, but should be something like a 6,5. :)

Mixed. It's not that the games have been bad, but not good enough to make me feel like I'm missing out when at work.

The number of matches to whittle down the teams from 24 to 16 is a bit excessive when the games have been of moderate enjoyment though.

Average so far, although England played well. Referees letting games flow & performances good. The biggest problem so far is the lack of goals, certainly compared to the COPA America. Most sides in fairness have tried to go forward, with the exception of N Ireland who were awful.

I gave it a 7. I was torn between 6/7 but 6 felt more harsh than 7 felt too generous.

Opening game was better than usual, Austria/Hungary and Poland/N.Ireland matches were better than expected, and I don't think we've had a real poor match yet. Not had many crackers but I've enjoyed every game so far which, 12 games in, is good going.

If it was a percentage score I think I'd go 67% :D

I've really enjoyed it so far, been gripped since the opening game whereas I can usually miss the majority of games and only watch England matches in international tournaments.

All the games have been close with some good football on show, rated it a 9.

I think it's been quite good so far. I haven't seen a really outstanding team at the moment. But having said that, no one needs to be right now, as it's all about getting the points to get through the group. The only downside, as others have mentioned, is the quality of strikers at the tournament. I don't think I've seen anyone who's stood out at the moment. I'm sure that'll change though as teams progress.

The biggest highlight for me was the way Albania played against Switzerland. I thought they battled really well and deserved to get something out of that game. I thought they were the better team on the day.

I think Portugal looked really poor last night. I think unless they change things round they could finish bottom of their group.

6 or 7.

System is the problem. There's too much space for calculation because four 3rd placed teams go through and therefore getting a draw is a good thing for most teams.T

There's also gonna be lots of calculations in the last matchday because everyone wants to get easier opponents. If you ask me, there should be a draw again after the groups, CL style.

Six first placed teams and two best placed second should getting the higher seed, others lower.

Also, the atmosphere is getting worse and worse with every EURO, due to U€FA giving less and less tickets for FAs and for the general public.

Except for some games, Hungarians had the best support.

Need to change my vote to 10 after today - Joachim Low saying sorry for putting his hand down his boxers, pulling it (his hand!) out and sniffing and Stan Collymore grassing up fans while shouting "JOURNALISTE" in the worst French accent this side of 'Allo 'Allo will all take some beating :D

Archived