sg60ZNT.png

PI's as follows:

Gk: Slow pace down, roll it out, distribute to CB's

DM: Shoot less often, dribble less, more direct passes, more risky passes

RW: Cross More Often, Cross from deep

BBM: Get further forward, more risky passes

BWM: More risky passes

LW: Dribble more, cut inside, cross less often

Note: The LW changes to a DWs when Baines or another defensive player comes into this spot. When they do they get the PI to cross more often

I thoguht the original offering by Herne didn't offer enough movement on the field and this stifled attack. I decided to fix this by getting the BBM and BWM to offer a bit more movement with PI's for the BBM and a change of duty for the BWM. There was always a risk of being caught out of position but so far after 11 games I have 7 wins and 4 draws with 21 goals for and 10 against with 6 clean sheets. Not the best for goals against yet but I am working on that. I felt that the four blokes central was fine and kept in line with what Herne was moving towards. In my opinion it is actually fairly solid at the back. Wth a box-to-box midfielder he does just that so does help with attack and defence.

The game I will highlight is one that was really different to the other 10 games I played with this tactic. I won 3-4 but the interesting thing was I had 4 goals in the first half with only 37% possession. The point? Efficiency with possession.

Match Stats:

wWXsZ2j.png

Player Stats:

kSWt8aV.png

Goals against:

[video=youtube_share;J8Gy4vHtPtk]

Most of you will see the errors in defence causing the goals better than I will but I see the own goal being Stones not being in front. 2-4 would have been acceptable I feel.

I have been averaging 52.25% possession so the above game is really against the grain but the system still stood up and didn't really let Stoke do anything with all that possession (well, 3 goals but no points)

Personally I don't think it makes much difference.

Both Feghouli and Cancelo performed well. In other saves I've used same footed players on the same wings as well as opposite footed players and they all perform well.

Interesting thanks

• 10 months later...

Archived