(FM 16) Ascoli Picchio

LEEMOD

Hi All,

Some may know me from my old thread 'The Journals of Humpus Widgren', well this is going to be my thread for my FM16 updates and the team I have decided to settle on is Ascoli from Serie B who are relegation candidates, day 1 in my office will comprise me of going through my squad with a fine toothcomb before deciding who to keep / get rid of etc. It's likely this will take a while as we have a squad of 96, yes 96!!

I am not yet sure on what shape we're going to use as it depends on my players so only time will tell but for my new foray into FM16 this will be my home, this is a picture I took yesterday before I was announced as manager when I watched some of the players train.

tlXrzw.jpg

Before I look at training / tactics or friendlies or indeed anything I need a plan and this is it:

I will be looking for these attributes in all of my players and creating shortlists as to who will be in/out based on these:

Work Rate

Determination

Teamwork

Bravery

First Touch

Then the following two for each position, it's a very simple method but I am hoping this clear vision can see me through my first year without being relegated:

GK Handling, One on Ones, Reflexes

DC - Anticipation, Tackling

FULL BACKS - Pace, Stamina

MID CENTRE - Passing, Tackling

MID WIDE - Acceleration, Stamina

AMC - Passing, Decisions

STRIKERS - Off the Ball, Composure

After a LOT of procrastination I have decided to somewhat rely on the in-game attributes for the key roles for now as I was over complicating things, so new rules for my squad analysis is:

1 Role Rating (my own calculation)

2 Determination, Work Rate, Bravery

This applies to outfield players only

My next post is going to discuss my new loan signings and my squad sheet for the coming season, pre-season has gone well.

Hi All,

First thanks for the encouragement; it’s nice to know that people read these updates. Ok so after many hours deciding what would be best for my team, I have decided due to the sheer number of people in my squad and the fact that our main objective is to stay up it’s a bit early to establish a DNA as most of these players here aren’t even mine but on loan. So with that in mind here is my squad sheet sorted by how suitable I think people are for the roles I expect of them:

LtBeOm.jpg

I am most excited by a young prospect I signed from Dinamo Bucharest on loan, this lad can be anything he wants, if we had money I’d have snapped him up by now, needs work on his acceleration but at his age I have no doubt that some of those core attributes could easily reach 14/15. Say hello to Andrei Tircoveanu:

ab3JgF.jpg

So far we’ve mainly played against lesser opposition, however, it’s not ideal for me to change tactical ideas 5 days before the season starts but it’s just something we’ll have to get used to. The most pleasing result came away at Latina where we won 3-2, they are predicted 6th in our division so that’s a good omen!

My next update will come will come at the end of September where we would have played our first 5 opening games.

TBH I'm not entirely sure, there doesn't seem to be any rules on that at least on match day which is good!

However, I hate having a huge squad, I have already trimmed it down a lot but my squad is currently 91, my usual aim is to have 25-30.

I have so many players on loan, ones which were already here when I got here so next season should be even tougher!

We just lost our first game at home to Livorno 1-2 but we were so unlucky, we created far more chances than them but they hit us on the break to grab a late winner

Yeah paid some of them, hence why I have no money, I hate huge squads!

Our media prediction is 21 out of 22 teams!

Going to be tough but I'm happy with how we are playing, we should cause some teams a few problems but teams like Cagliari / Spezia / Cesena are too good for this league

Other teams to which should be near the top are Bari / Pescara & Perugia

So after our first month it's not been bad at all, I have largely kept to the same 11 where possible to keep a consistent approach, we have done really well as you can see below. Perez has been awesome, the second top scorer in the league already, love his work rate, determination and his finishing of 15 is class at this level.

AQOW01.jpg

This is the league so far:

h1cdRm.jpg

Our fans are awesome:

Well, here we are now at the end of October and one thing you can't accuse my team of is not entertaining, almost every game has been Klopp like in it's full throttle mentality with goals flying in at either end. It's not something I like though because trust me I would prefer 1-0 wins rather than 4-3 etc. However, given we're one of the favourites to be relegated beggars cannot be choosers and so a 9th place after 11 games is superb.

The less said about the defence the better, we have the third worse record in the league as we've shipped 19 goals in 11 games which in my opinion is shocking but in general we're doing well, we top the possession charts which doesn't mean all that much to me really however my combination up top of Perez / Cacia has returned an incredible 15 goals between them as they sit 1st & 3rd in the goal scoring charts.

Here are the results & league table:

lksAt7.jpg

d0NZMT.jpg

November has been the perfect month, both Perez & Cacia up top continue to impress as we have somehow climbed to 2nd place. I honestly did not believe this would happen at all, we're playing a very basic system but we just keep on winning, it's like watching Leicester, I've no idea how we're doing it but I am glad that we are. However, in some ways I think going up (far too early to be thinking about that possibility) would actually be a backwards step due to the sheer volume of players I am going to lose at the end of the season but we're currently punching far above our weight.

B7ZYOT.jpg

L0NMrz.jpg

December carries on much the same as November, the Ascoli steam train rolls on! Bit disappointing to lose at Cesena but they're a much better team than us on paper, however that loss did not affect us too much and we sit pretty at the top, it's unbelievable, I keep expecting the wheels to fall off but we're just playing so well. It's now at the end of December almost and I really need to think about contracts and possible targets but it's not easy with no money and with so many players on loan. For instance, in our last 11, 5 of them are on loan.

Here is the current league & results for this period:

DiqPfN.jpg

sE5D07.jpg

JANUARY 2016

January has been much of the same, we're playing some wonderful stuff and we're looking much tighter at the back however as backwards as this may seem I am still extremely worried about us if we did go up. There's still a lot of football to be played. Lanciano have done the double on us this season.

2V3uK9.jpg

DedURn.jpg

FEBRUARY 2016

We're playing so well, it's hardly a concern anymore that we're conceding goals because we're winning games and that's all that matters, I keep expecting us to crumble but we never do, I think it has to do with how I targeted determination & work rate in my initial recruitment drive pre-season.

Here are the results & league table, I am now starting to believe we can do this:

Lrwn6X.jpg

gXpmVO.jpg

MARCH 2016

Still no idea how we're doing this but in what has been a long month we've passed every test thrown our way and now somehow promotion looks like matter of when not if! I did sign two new players from the youth teams but at best they'll be squad players. I still worry about next season after we lose a lot of our team due to returning loans but I will have to deal with that pre-season as my only aim now is to ensure we keep up our performance levels:

T12iLA.jpg

4uJxeT.jpg

Well, we come to the end of year 1 and I really thought I'd be sat here talking about how we were unlucky or how we just managed to stave off relegation but no I am sat here proudly announcing ourselves as champions. What an amazing season it has been. Even after we were confirmed champions we were the consumate professionals and carried on doing our jobs by blowing teams apart.

It's now 1st June and to be honest, I am losing a LOT of players come 1st July, I managed to sign 4 or 5 who I intend to keep such as Luca Carrozzo a young centre back who I gave a chance to during the last 5 or 6 games and he did really well averaging a 6.79 from 10 games. Not at all bad for a centre back.

Here are the top performing players, table & final results

yP7tGL.jpg

TXfAqC.jpg

bLOiuZ.jpg

Archived