English and Russian fans fight in Marseille

PMLF

I'm not used to winning arguments this easily, it's hard to know what to say.

You are completely wrong and has no idea about life in Russia.

Surprisingly, Gunman has a much better understanding.

Those hooligans are under FSB influence as I said before in this topic. They are a very useful tool for government. Why should they get rid of them locally?

There won't be any trouble during the WC. You know, just a few weeks ago an Ice Hockey WC finished. Next year there will be a Confederations cup. There was a CL final years ago with arguably more English fans in Moscow than in Marseilles but I don't remember any trouble there.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those hooligans are under FSB influence as I said before in this topic. They are a very useful tool for government. Why should they get rid of them locally?

I'm not really sure which post that I've made you think you're disagreeing with. Saying that the hooligans are state sponsored doesn't exactly disprove any points. It does support the idea that Russia should be kicked out of this tournament and stripped of the world cup of course. There were 6000 police on duty for the Champions League final in Moscow btw, which seems a lot if they could have just told the local yobbos to stay home.

Most RPL sides spend more on policing and security on match days than the make in ticket sales (i.e making a loss each game) which is a pretty good indicator of just how heavily policed the games are.

The ultras are still there but it's all segregated so they just light flares and and stuff in their own section.

I can think of only one really bad incident this season where some away fans (can't recall the club) were ripping seats and throwing them at police, but they were hemmed into their section and it died down pretty quickly.

My friend and I were discussing about these guys looking state sponsered and sensed the hand of Putin

So, locally, what are they like? They fight amongst themselves or these are like his goon squad for getting shizz done?

I'm not really sure which post that I've made you think you're disagreeing with. Saying that the hooligans are state sponsored doesn't exactly disprove any points. It does support the idea that Russia should be kicked out of this tournament and stripped of the world cup of course. There were 6000 police on duty for the Champions League final in Moscow btw, which seems a lot if they could have just told the local yobbos to stay home.

This one was completely wrong:

That is why there is no hooliganism in Russia. Oh, wait.

Gunman made a perfect point why there would be no trouble with Russian fans during the WC18 but you tried to argue with it with an unrelevent point.

And regarding the CL final in Moscow, again that is a different thing. They could easily tell organised groups not to create any trouble. But, of course, there were random drunk Russians(current English style troublemakers) and the English themselves which needs control even though some here try to portrait them here as angels, who never start first. Was done perfectly in the end, wasn't it? 6k Police is a quite a low number by Russian standards. Acting after the action like French do is wrong. Using the numbers in preventive manner like Russian do is also wrong. I guess only in England they do the correct and right things, don't they?

I guess when other countries start hating on Russia, Putin becomes more popular. Like he's creating a siege mentality.

That is very true. And if the national team will be punished the current regime will get a huge increase in popularity as it's the most active theme in the last few years that the USA and their "puppets EU" do everything against good Russia. The same happens with doping revelations. Noone is blaming the sportsmen of the federations. It's the evil Europe who fabricates those investigations to hard our honest and good sportsmen. You know, even FIFA investigations were started with the only aim to spoil the WC18 for us :)

So, everything is perfect now for our Government. And with the Parliament election this year everyone tries to defend those Russian hooligans because that will give them more popularity.

Stupid scenes, ive watched some of the videos for the first time today and its not good for anyone.

I think the World Cup in Russia will potentially be one of the worst attended and hopefully it is, because that sort of embarrassment might shake things up.

Yeh, I think you're missing the point. It doesn't really matter whether there's much trouble at 2018 or not. It's the fact that it's going to be a horribly attended farce of a World Cup.

Can't wait to watch games being played in half empty stadiums.

How can the stadiums be half empty? If there will free tickets left they will just sell them cheaply for locals. And there still millions of people in the world who are not much into politics. Thousands of them will see it as a great opportunity to enjoy visiting Russia and have a great time with all the cheap prices there are now with the weak Rouble.

I've been within a mile of Russian territory when I was in Lithuania last year, I could hear the echo of a nation of knuckles draggers from where I was. scrrruuutcchh scrruuuuttcchh. Horrible country.

Things are going to kick off again in Lille I fear.

Just to be even more complete,

Not only russians were involved, in several footage there are TONS of Marseille locals, french then, which are attacking english fans, like in 98 in fact

In local french papers it's heavily mentionned http://www.laprovence.com/video/Euro-2016-a-Marseille-journee-et-nuit-de-violences-en-marge-du-match-Angleterre-Russie/x4fy53i

Yeh, I think you're missing the point. It doesn't really matter whether there's much trouble at 2018 or not. It's the fact that it's going to be a horribly attended farce of a World Cup.

Can't wait to watch games being played in half empty stadiums.

There will be empty seats in pretty much every World Cup outside England/France/Germany, there were empty seats in Brazil two years ago, I think there were in South Africa too, and no doubt there will be in Qatar too.

Most World Cup games, especially group stage ones, aren't that interesting, despite how expensive tickets can be.

My friend and I were discussing about these guys looking state sponsered and sensed the hand of Putin

So, locally, what are they like? They fight amongst themselves or these are like his goon squad for getting shizz done?

Ok, let's not get overboard here. Those groups are not funded by the state. They are not fully controlled as well. They are independent 90% but there are FSB agents inside the most powerful groups and they are in general in contact with FSB. Not regarding their day to day "activities" but for some certain cases. So, basically can strongly recommend not to do something. Much harder to tell them to do something :) Those are still young people with high feeling of own importance etc. But even those young people understand that it could lead to serious trouble to have a conflict with FSB :)

Locally, there are no real issues with them. It's very, very rare that something similar to France happen: organised groups attacking randoms from the rival teams. Usually, they fight each other organised. Unfortunately, I don't have time to go to the grounds in the last couple of years. But before this I was the season ticket holder for a few years. Only once at "away" game vs a rival from the lower league something like this happened. I was going through the queue with the metal fences to the turnstiles when a group of around 50 hooligans quickly came from around the nearby house and charged at the road where the fans of my team were randomly going to the ground. I was out of trouble as this metal queue was 10m from this road. The bigger problem is that Riot Police with batons ran at this fight through the same queue and distance between the fences was about 1m. I am a big guy and the riot police are big as well in their uniform. But they were able to run past me there.

So, basically the main threat/problem are random drunk or agressive fans. I think it's the same in England. The hooligan groups are not causing big issues. They are basically unknown to people unless there is some news coverage about their fight between each other.

That is very true. And if the national team will be punished the current regime will get a huge increase in popularity as it's the most active theme in the last few years that the USA and their "puppets EU" do everything against good Russia. The same happens with doping revelations. Noone is blaming the sportsmen of the federations. It's the evil Europe who fabricates those investigations to hard our honest and good sportsmen. You know, even FIFA investigations were started with the only aim to spoil the WC18 for us :)

So, everything is perfect now for our Government. And with the Parliament election this year everyone tries to defend those Russian hooligans because that will give them more popularity.

Yes it is sad. I like Russia but people in power usually spoil things, (over here as well). My opinion is Putin is worried all his assets could be taken away from him if he steps down in the future so he is staying in power for as long as possible, to get as many friends as possible and to become as popular with the people as he can so that when he does retire he will be safe from investigations. Imo.

So... if Russia do get kicked out, what will happen to their results? Will they be expunged/turned into 3-0 walkovers? Otherwise it kinda screws over the rest of the teams if 3rd place is hoping for a chance of getting to the next round

So... if Russia do get kicked out, what will happen to their results? Will they be expunged/turned into 3-0 walkovers? Otherwise it kinda screws over the rest of the teams if 3rd place is hoping for a chance of getting to the next round

Results expunged. Probably going to mean they'll have to do some kind of averaging.

The threat of a ban for trouble outside apparrently still stands from the ExCo.

A ban for trouble outside the stadiums is extremely unlikely to happen. Legally it would be open to all sort of challenges and open a massive can of worms.

If there is repeated fan violence though, it could further throw into question the safety of hosting the Confederations Cup and World Cup in Russia over the next two years. With the corrupt regime, the Ukraine conflict, homophobic laws and hooliganism among a myriad of other issues, things just keep piling up against them.

Some journals on Twitter have said this is the Disciplinary committee that have handed this out. The threat of a ban for trouble outside apparrently still stands from the ExCo.

Haven't UEFA already stated that they can only act on stuff that happens at the stadium, not elsewhere?

Really not sure what these Russian hooligans were expecting, hooliganism here has pretty much been dead since the 80s, don't know why they're surprised or so impressed with themselves about walking all over our fans.

English and Welsh fans singing together, as the Russians have another go. It's going to be a mental couple of days in Lille/Lens. Anyone off here over there, be safe.

https://www.facebook.com/595030030572248/videos/1063231200418793/

Well done to the English and welsh for sticking together and defending each other

A full bus of Russian fans was arested including the women and driver. About 50 of them. They are moved to another city and arested for 24h. Will defo miss the next game and likely to get extradicted from France. So, would be a bit safer now.

Russian media is pushing a video about which shows English fans taunting local homeless kids by throwing pennies and having them scrap over them.

The Russians are obviously angry that the English fans aren't being reported negatively as well.

Archived