If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

The only thing that'd concern me is a Ball Winner as my holder, I'd have to have something more restrained like a DLP(d) or CM(d), but lots of people seem to have success with the BWM.

Actually, I agree with you. I think a CM(d) will fit what I want that player to do better than a BWM would. Thanks, BoxtoBox :D 

e7b51ff1229614c720025cef66bc7ed8.png

Nothing we could have done tactically would have made much difference. I didn't realise how strong Kobenhavn actually were.

95730107ebc2553814a13a5d3dec3769.png

He's a little bit too good for our defence - especially when both our starting FBs missed the first leg (and one of them missed the second) through injury. 

Hopefully, we get a kinder draw in the Europa Playoff so we can actually give the tactic a proper test.

10 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Feels like you're hitting your head on a glass ceiling at the moment.

Pretty much the perfect analogy for it.

4 hours ago, deltablue said:

Copenhagen look frightening with Jorgensen. Does make you wonder how Denmark are stuck in Division C at the moment.

Funny you should mention that, because they've just been promoted from Division C. Check out some of their other players...

929ca7f1f3fd8fa92c5b5c4ad8363d5c.png

66b3c268a22660cd50bdda5e1f46013c.png

afcb819badeb4ad573a0af60cb0c7c27.png

e68eb21a1a684b0e199f66f1d2f9fe3b.png

dd0253105c9857815add4982bac69854.png

How has it been 37 years since they last qualified for the WC? Their squad is insane!

91e4b57009c893e3995d66d6d05979b0.png

d97f08c6d673f744b8c29cd15d11d0ef.png

If we had Terenzi, I think we might have a shot, but I don't fancy our chances without him. In 19 games against Salzburg, they've won 18 and we've won just once (3-0, where we then lost 6-1 in the away leg). They've scored 61 in 19 games, we've got 15. Wish us luck.

2 minutes ago, Black and Yellow said:

Good luck. Also, that 10-0 away win - I assume that's gotta be one of your biggest?! I don't remember seeing one like that!

We did have one bigger where my game crashed and I was just holidaying through the early European stages to get back to where we were - turns out my assistant is better at hammering teams than I am :lol: I'm almost certain that's the biggest win that I've actually been in charge for.

2 hours ago, RCtheOnly said:

Talk about bad luck with Terenzi being injured before the qualifiers while seeming to be in good form, does your coaches say he's more susceptible to injuries? 

His report lists him as fairly injury prone, which isn't ideal, but he's held up pretty well up until now.

With the FM 17 beta now out, and this save pretty much going round in circles, I've decided what I'm going to do. I'm going to play out until the end of Stefano Terenzi (YP149)s career here (because he's the best prospect I've seen in a long, long time) and after that I'll draw this save to a close.

I'd like to make a summary post of the best moments over the last (it'll be close to 100 again) years, so if anyone has any personal favourites, let me know :D 

21 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

With the FM 17 beta now out, and this save pretty much going round in circles, I've decided what I'm going to do. I'm going to play out until the end of Stefano Terenzi (YP149)s career here (because he's the best prospect I've seen in a long, long time) and after that I'll draw this save to a close.

I'd like to make a summary post of the best moments over the last (it'll be close to 100 again) years, so if anyone has any personal favourites, let me know :D 

I understand your decision, I myself had a sudden motivation drop on my current save once the beta came out. :D

My favorite moment would have to be the first season that Terenzi scored a 100+ goals. :brock:

1 minute ago, RCtheOnly said:

I understand your decision, I myself had a sudden motivation drop on my current save once the beta came out. :D

My favorite moment would have to be the first season that Terenzi scored a 100+ goals. :brock:

That sounds good to me :lol: 

Sorry, guys, but I've had a change of heart. I just can't get motivated to play another 10+ years of a save I know there's no realistic hope of ever going anywhere with. If anyone wants any stats/history from the save, or wants me to upload the actual save file so they can have a shot at it (and developing Terenzi), let me know. I'm going to look back through the thread and try to have up a 'Top 10 moments' as a summary in the next couple of days.

I'd also expect another San Giovanni thread at some point during FM 17 ;)   

• 2 months later...

So over the last few days I've been doing some investigating to find out why AI managed teams are able to upgrade youth recruitment, but the superior human teams aren't. Check out the thread over here if you're interested: 

The only thing that seemingly could answer this is if transfers, somehow, make it easier to upgrade Youth Recruitment. So, very briefly, I'm bringing back this save. It's not going to be for long at all, and it's not going to be youth only - this is for research, so we're buying anyone we can get our hands on. 

8 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

I'd forgotten the joys of FM 16. In a game against La Florita that just ended 4-3, one of the goals was a penalty, and the other six were all from crosses.

Wingbacks for life.

Luke Shaw once ended a season racking up 30 assists for me, FM16 crosses were so overpowered.

23 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

Did it hurt when you clicked confirm on those transfers?

I appreciate the sabotage of a legendary save for all our benefits though!

It was a weird feeling. I feel disconnected from the save now, but at the same time Terenzi is on fire, which is still making me happy :lol: 

Archived