If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

It's not quite up to date, but this is the latest 'before' picture I have of Rondelli before the injury.

Before:

b1401e27aeef4989286892b9afffd1d7.png

After:

56b551cfab92607ef722304bed5e35d2.png 

His physicals are noticeably worse - it's expected, but he's lost a significant bit of his pace and stamina. He's a fair bit worse on the ball, which is terrible - he's the one I've relied on to be my playmaker, and I don't think he's up to the job anymore.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid that this is going to be as bad as feared. 

He has lost a whole point off all physical stats, but that doesn't actually surprise me after an ACL tear or whatever it was. What I look for is the comparison between the CA and the PA before and after.

He was a 4.0 CA player before the injury and this has dropped to a 3.5 CA player after the injury. That's to be expected, (I think you would agree). 

He was a 4.0 PA player before the injury and this has dropped to a 3.5 PA player after the injury. This is the important comparison. 

The change in attributes is fine, the change in CA is fine. What's not fine is the change in PA. 

:(

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm afraid that this is going to be as bad as feared. 

He has lost a whole point off all physical stats, but that doesn't actually surprise me after an ACL tear or whatever it was. What I look for is the comparison between the CA and the PA before and after.

He was a 4.0 CA player before the injury and this has dropped to a 3.5 CA player after the injury. That's to be expected, (I think you would agree). 

He was a 4.0 PA player before the injury and this has dropped to a 3.5 PA player after the injury. This is the important comparison. 

The change in attributes is fine, the change in CA is fine. What's not fine is the change in PA. 

:(

I agree with you. At age 30, he's only going to go downhill from here. What a sad way to end such a good career :( 

d8d1b2e56ffd386cd1170eba3e694568.png

Is this the bit of luck we've been needing?

I'm not sure we've ever played in front of 60k people before - certainly not 60,000 fuming Scots. Anyway, they were the better team but couldn't take their chances, we took two brilliantly, and we're in good shape to close this tie out at home. It's definitely not a given - not with our track record - but I'm optimistic we can seal this one.

eff3d88fdabb39e755f18b82051fd26c.png

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Champions League Playoff, here we come! The first half was pretty even, and to be honest we could easily have been 2-1 up at the break, missing a couple of sitters. We parked the bus in the second half and they couldn't find a way through. I'm even cautiously optimistic about the Playoff now, because Celtic is a huge scalp.

2f7b5b4183713e099217915a2774c5a5.png

The team I want to face from most to least:

Steaua, Legia, Red Bull Salzburg, Midtyjlland, Dinamo. I hate Dinamo.

c7e567df2a8338535318c94e7b2216db.png

I'm happy with that. I'm even happier because the last two teams we could have been drawn against were Legia and Dinamo. I think Celtic are actually stronger - could we make it to the Champions League Groups for the first time in our history? 

Probably not, but you never know. We will avenge you, Dundalk!

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but who are BMG and where are they from?

[Edit]

Ahhh. It's Borussia Munchen Gladbach isn't it?, (I've just seen that they are German).

Yeah, it's them. I don't have the file that fixes the German team names, so it's a bit hard to work out some of them :D 

Youth Intake Day!

0f2757552765aa0bc0666ebddcda1b10.png

e6da8b32256e5e45649a3439b901b96f.png He's not great right now, but he's got decent potential, a decent personality and he's two footed, which is fantastic for a CAM. I could see him developing into someone worth a rotational spot, if not a starting one.

It's also interesting that we have a useless English player - we've had a few Englishman through so far, but he's far and away the worst one. I guess he thought that if he moved to San Marino he'd be the best player around? I'll keep him around just because I'm curious to see how he develops, anyway.

330cad933284ecf0c986b7e373d09b3d.png

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Easy! Easy!

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Emanuele Di Bari (YP102) - 8.08

He's so good.

Top Goalscorer:

Davide Berti (YP99) - 31

So is he.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Dario Guidone (YP106)

He's coming into his own as our lone CM.

Aims for Next Season:

Back to back groups?

Other teams:

League winners: :D

Cup winners: :D 

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Legia in the Playoff.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We got a fantastic four points in the group. Cailungo lost 4-0 to Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Juvenes Dogana lost 5-0 to Vaduz and Domagnano lost 5-0 to Astana.

San Marino National Team:

2073 Results --------------- 2074 Results

A good draw with Ireland.

Player Watch:

Ashley Turpin (YP88) - He's about to retire, but what a career. 655 league games, including 66 of them in the Premier League, where he scored once, got 9 assists and won 2 MOTM awards. Not bad for a 36 year old!

Sandro Bertolini (YP95) - Not a single club game. He was injured for 5 months with a hip injury (which has come back again), but wow.

6c07fb97ffb3798cef39ba611bfee342.png 

49bf61abaaeea2047f159a401ef33388.png

They've absolutely stolen one there. There's no way they should have stayed up, but they've 'FMed' Pistoiese to do so. I'm now hoping that the promoted teams are even weaker than they are, so that San Marino can stay in Serie C for a while and hopefully produce some decent youngsters.

Great to make the EL group stages again, but I really don't understand the randomness of the league rep jumping around. This was my last summary I did (I think):

f102e555663286117ec2df418a7ff6b1.png

I started on basic which is already higher than yours, it's strange that you've never been able to upgrade it. We started being able to upgrade it when the league rep got to 2*

7 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Great to make the EL group stages again, but I really don't understand the randomness of the league rep jumping around. This was my last summary I did (I think):

f102e555663286117ec2df418a7ff6b1.png

I started on basic which is already higher than yours, it's strange that you've never been able to upgrade it. We started being able to upgrade it when the league rep got to 2*

It's so strange. My club rep seems to be going as expected, but the league rep is completely mental compared to yours. Yours was at 109th after just one group stage appearance, but we've been there a few times and we're languishing in the 300s :( 

cc6325447970445dcaca05e85a6fbbbb.png

7323e2e335fc9b85fea60fd05dbc1f54.png

Now that's a draw and a half. We met them in the Europa Groups just last season, and we took one game each. Now, we're playing each other for a guaranteed spot back in the Groups. They're definitely the better team (we were a bit lucky to beat them last year), but we've got a shot.

Just spent the last hour or so going through this - top draw stuff! Few things to note:

- Players losing tags on retirement blows.

- Your luck in the Playoff draws blows :c

- Everyone else in San Marino blows, which might be why the rep is everywhere.

- But yes, the rep thing blows too.

Hope the intakes get better, I'll be here following :D

3 hours ago, Von Bubb said:

Just spent the last hour or so going through this - top draw stuff! Few things to note:

- Players losing tags on retirement blows.

- Your luck in the Playoff draws blows :c

- Everyone else in San Marino blows, which might be why the rep is everywhere.

- But yes, the rep thing blows too.

Hope the intakes get better, I'll be here following :D

Thanks for your support! I agree with everything you said 100% - especially the last two :D 

Youth Intake Day!

00a3a6d619371fbd7340aa0a61d53036.png

8b2f6fbd272b3f462190ab95b80a1dc1.png

He looks ok. His personality and technicals need a lot of work, but he's quick, has great flair and decent potential. We don't actually use a LM or LW right now, but I'll worry about that later - I don't want to train him in another position and eat into his PA.

511bc3336c1c85aad09cbdcb1534b90b.png

He's... tall. If he can develop, he might have a career for us.

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

I'm painfully paranoid that we're due to mess this up anytime soon.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Davide Berti (YP99) - 7.80

Probably the best player at the club right now.

Top Goalscorer:

Davide Berti (YP99) - 30

See above.

Emanuele Di Bari (YP102)

These two have dominated the awards for a while.

Aims for Next Season:

Back to the groups?

Other teams:

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Malmo in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Sporting in the Playoff. Juvenes Dogana lost 4-0 to Slovacko from the Czech Republic, Murata lost 7-0 to Rosenborg and Folgore lost 5-0 to Valeranga.

2074 Results --------------- 2075 Results

A good draw with Ireland.

Player Watch:

Sandro Bertolini (YP95) - His career has completely nosedived sitting on the bench.

7948871e9c6277f1b74c2f10c7790631.png

The beasts have been toppled!

They were by far the better team, but we struck twice late. Some terrible defending kept Christian Casadei (YP103) onside, and his header squirmed it's way through the keeper and into the goal. In the 90th minute, Christian Casadei (YP103) belted one from 30 yards - their keeper scrambled backwards and clawed it out of midair, but Davide Berti (YP99) was on home to smash home the rebound. We've beaten Dinamo! We're still going to go out by losing 4-0 or 5-0 away, but it feels GREAT to finally beat them. This is revenge for everything you did to me on the first save.

Youth Intake Day!

dca60a2495443f8e0e88025996bc2613.png

0db94989014699756b2b75903f0e0bf0.png

Two of the best players at the club are already goalkeepers :(

70581b8da431e1d9d2bf0f3e3e12f514.png

That's more like it. We're weak at LWB, and he looks like he could become very useful there.

adf4bd6ad8afcc920a26d92f33fd9f37.png

He needs to get better physically, but his technicals are pretty good and his mentals aren't bad.

One thing to note - all three tagged players have really bad personalities :( 

e729a1c452848b6bb76e0456f5c7da22.png

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

I played a weak squad for most of the year to aid development (I do that every year, but this one was particularly weak) but that didn't stop us storming to another win.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:
Davide Berti (YP99) - 7.99

So good!

Top Goalscorer:

Davide Berti (YP99) - 39

I don't want to use the word unstoppable, but...

Paolo Raschi (YP115)

Oh boy. He's going to be fun.

Aims for Next Season:

Back to the groups?

Other teams:

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Dinamo in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to AEK in the Playoff. Juvenes Dogana lost 7-1 to IF Elfsborg from Sweden, Cailungo lost 5-1 to Skonto from Latvia and Folgore lost 7-0 to Trnava from Slovakia. They're all useless.

2075 Results --------------- 2076 Results

Eat that, Denmark!

Player Watch:

Sandro Bertolini (YP95) - Now retired from international football.

Archived