If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

56c88f99eb1ac7ea9bf4e56e2cef694f.png

Superb. Our reputation and coefficient should go up a fair amount next season.

6e6b37eb83d1f20e14726b870534c26c.png

Hmm. They're the weakest team we could have been drawn against. They still almost always make the Playoff and have a squad way, way stronger than ours, but maybe...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake Day!

596d70fe2301fe2092c005deb55f3c25.png

32e7225dd2ade1a6d7dc5c480dc6740d.png

That's so frustrating. Our best two players are now both goalkeepers (We have a 5* one, now a 4.5* one, and I believe a 4* and a 3.5* one...). He looks pretty good, but he'll probably never play.

8a916ff34e4218468e98f0c7ef3d1053.png

Good physicals, but he's really lacking in technicals and mentals.

16577745b7a51e487419aeaed30fcb68.png

Essentially the opposite - he has good technicals and some decent mentals, but his physicals are somewhat lacking. He's only 16, though, so they should grow,

These youth intakes are still better than the beginning. Although, I will probably wait to see those goalkeepers to be strong, but Di Gregorio may shift teams to Malta or Luxembourg in the transfer window.

1.) How's BATE, Maribor, Ludogorets and Villareal finish in the tournaments?

2.) When is the time that penalty shootout occur in competitions?

3.) In the next transfer window, is Di Gregorio will play in Malta, Luxembourg or to an amateur team like Fiorentino?

That's so frustrating. Our best two players are now both goalkeepers (We have a 5* one, now a 4.5* one, and I believe a 4* and a 3.5* one...). He looks pretty good, but he'll probably never play.

If that continues, it could be that your HoYD is an ex GK, (they seem to have a preference for positions even if they aren't ex players), and while a GK can be good if you are looking for one, it's not something that you want in a long-term save like this.

I must admit, it's only happened to me once, (GK's coming through), and I binned him and get a new HoYD and the problem was sorted.

More commonly I have a HoYD who keeps banging out attacking players, or another that bangs out defensive players, but it's actually often hard to get the balance correct.

These youth intakes are still better than the beginning. Although, I will probably wait to see those goalkeepers to be strong, but Di Gregorio may shift teams to Malta or Luxembourg in the transfer window.

1.) How's BATE, Maribor, Ludogorets and Villareal finish in the tournaments?

2.) When is the time that penalty shootout occur in competitions?

3.) In the next transfer window, is Di Gregorio will play in Malta, Luxembourg or to an amateur team like Fiorentino?

Bate lost to Dinamo in the Playoff and got 0 points in their Europa group. Maribor lost to Basel in the Third Round and lost to AEK in the Europa Playoff. Ludogorets really surprised me - they beat Celtic 4-1! in the CL Playoff, but lost every group game.

Are you asking when penalties happen? They happen when the teams are tied after extra time (so when it's a draw after 90 minutes, and when that doesn't change in 30 minutes of extra time).

How am I supposed to know before it happens? I'm not going to sell him to anyone, and now we're a Pro team he's under a youth contract for a few years, so for now he's not going anywhere, but he might in the future.

If that continues, it could be that your HoYD is an ex GK, (they seem to have a preference for positions even if they aren't ex players), and while a GK can be good if you are looking for one, it's not something that you want in a long-term save like this.

I must admit, it's only happened to me once, (GK's coming through), and I binned him and get a new HoYD and the problem was sorted.

More commonly I have a HoYD who keeps banging out attacking players, or another that bangs out defensive players, but it's actually often hard to get the balance correct.

Interesting point, and one I hadn't thought of. He's not an ex player, but his preferred formation is 5-4-1, which suggests to me he's a defensive minded coach and might be producing more goalkeepers? It's a bit of a reach, but it makes sense to me (I think). I'll take a look for a new HOYD, which considering we're now Pro is worth doing anyway.

I've just looked, and there's no-one as good as our current one. For now, at least, we'll have to stick with him, although another spell of goalkeepers and he'll get the boot.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Our tendency to underperform in the playoffs worry me, but it hasn't cost us so far.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 7.74

At least he's actually a good CM.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Fardin (YP45) - 22

He hasn't really developed, but he's still fantastic.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Federico Maiani (YP35)

Superb on the left.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: Faetano beat Domagnano 3-1.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Ludogorets in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to Villareal in the Playoff. La Florita lost 7-0 to Randers FC from Denmark, Faetano lost 7-0 to Maccabi Haifa and Tre Penne lost 5-0 to Shakhter Soligorsk.

San Marino National team:

2031 Results -- 2032 Results

10-0 :(

Just looking at your table - how can Youth Facilities going from Basic to Poor and for Training Facilities the other way around are both coloured green?

Just looking at your table - how can Youth Facilities going from Basic to Poor and for Training Facilities the other way around are both coloured green?

Because FM is really weird :lol: I was confused too, but for some reason Poor is better than Basic for Youth, but Basic is better than Poor for Training. It's really strange.

7d26089a0b92cf649928fdf0432b6d27.png

That's a superb result and performance against a much stronger team. Can we nick a goal at home and stun the world? (Or the very few people in the world who care about the Champions League Second Qualifying Round, at least).

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A job well done, and our 10th title win means we've now won this the most times in history.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 8.20

I'm pretty sure that's the highest yet.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Ceccoli (YP55) - 31

What a way to introduce yourself to the first team.

Federico Maiani (YP35)

24 assists absolutely smashes the old record.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Legia in the Second Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Cosmos lost 7-0 to Jabonlec from the Czech Republic, Domagnano lost 7-0 to Hapoel Beer-Sheva and Juvenes Dogana lost 4-0 to Ventspils from Latvia.

2032 Results -- 2033 Results

At least Spain only beat us 1-0 - although it was 42-0 on shots.

Going better than it is expected. What a new rivalry to see this for the future.

1.) Goodbye GNK Dinamo, and hello Legia! Is GNK Dinamo doing well or on the decline?

2.) When Legia and Wolfsburg ended up in the Champions League and Europa League? Remember that Legia has appeared twice against San Giovanni (Europa League and Champions League).

3.) The San Marino NT was on the rock bottom because of no goals:(. Who are the head coaches in San Marino NT from the start to current?

Going better than it is expected. What a new rivalry to see this for the future.

1.) Goodbye GNK Dinamo, and hello Legia! Is GNK Dinamo doing well or on the decline?

2.) When Legia and Wolfsburg ended up in the Champions League and Europa League? Remember that Legia has appeared twice against San Giovanni (Europa League and Champions League).

3.) The San Marino NT was on the rock bottom because of no goals:(. Who are the head coaches in San Marino NT from the start to current?

Dinamo are doing great. We'll meet them soon enough, I'm sure.

Last year, Legia lost their CL Playoff to Red Bull Salzburg and came bottom of their EL group. This year they lost in their CL Playoff to FC Midtjylland but came second in their EL group, losing in the First Knockout Round to Sporting Lisbon. Wolfsburg got knocked out by Valencia in the Second Knockout Round.

The NT managers have been Pierangelo Manzaroli (who has the job in real life), Thomas Pelliccioni (who has now retired and can't be accessed) and the current one, Michele Protti.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

I wonder when we'll mess this up. It's going too well right now.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Our first 100% competition.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 7.93

When this isn't our AP, we're having a party.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Ceccoli (YP55) - 29

His technicals are pretty bad, but his physicals make up for them.

Federico Maiani (YP35)

He's great.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league. I'm also hoping we're seeded in the Second Round...

Other teams:

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Legia in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We lost to Wolfsburg in the Playoff. Tre Fiori lost 5-0 to Hearts, Domagnano lost 6-0 to Dunajska Streda from Slovakia and Murata lost 4-1 to Avenir Beggen from Luxembourg.

2033 Results -- 2034 Results

Yeah.. not great.

Congrats on going pro, you've overtaken me in terms of seasons played already :O

EL play-offs twice in the last 3 years, good going. Like the look of the new youngster Zonzini too :thup:

Congrats on going pro, you've overtaken me in terms of seasons played already :O

EL play-offs twice in the last 3 years, good going. Like the look of the new youngster Zonzini too :thup:

The benefits of holidaying + being a student :D

Youth Intake Day!

4499532effc1df7999d48643f7061b4b.png

af3872bfefaebc333dbf5fe9462c6b8d.png

He doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if our facilities are good enough for players to actually be reaching their potential yet.

1edc9735fb7728dcd21af17c9ed016b9.png

Only tagged for his potential.

5aca8c3fe164a4f0b8193dd45dc49679.png

We do need CBs, so he could come in handy.

The benefits of holidaying + being a student :D

I'm trying to juggle a job, decorating the house and spending time with the wife with playing FM....it's not easy :p

Very nice youth intake by the way, the 3 you've tagged look decent. Unlucky vs Celtic as well, but to be expected. They are still a very strong side.

You sure you can't be tempted to join us down the holidaying path? Go on holiday for a bit and go and sort out the painting :lol:

It's tempting, but I wouldn't want to risk the momentum I've got going at the moment and I'm still progressing quickly with IR, though i've been hit with a curveball recently by losing my best player :(

It's tempting, but I wouldn't want to risk the momentum I've got going at the moment and I'm still progressing quickly with IR, though i've been hit with a curveball recently by losing my best player :(

I'm "Team IR" as well. Gives me a chance to catch and address some of the small things that pop up. When extending contracts becomes touch and go, I like having those incremental dominoes falling my way.

Although I do end up a little jealous at the speed "Team Holiday" flies through seasons :D.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We're definitely going to lose in the Playoffs soon, but for now we're scraping through them.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Meh.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Daniel Sánchez (YP46) - 7.86

Still our AP.

Top Goalscorer:

Nicola Ceccoli (YP55) - 25

He's doing the business right now.

Marco De Biagi (YP33)

He had a good year on the right, but we can do better.

Aims for next season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup Winners: Tre Fiori beat Murata on penalties.

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Celtic in the Second Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: Cosmos lost 6-0 to Cherno more from Bulgaria, Juvenes Dogana lost 5-0 to Debrecen from Hungary and Cailungo lost 5-0 to Olimpic from Bosnia.

2034 Results -- 2035 Results

Our NT is awful right now.

Archived