Simulating EURO 2016 in Football Manager - possible?

As title says? Do you guys think it could be done somehow? Problem is, of course, that the game starts during qualifications so there is no way to make it the same team/group composition as in real life. Or is there? Could it be done in editor?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697448405

Apparently the format draw for the last round of 16 isn't 100% correct, and I don't know about the actually scheduling of matches. It's also not meant for a long-term save as after Euro 2016 is over, there will be issues with the scheduling of future tournaments apparently.

I've found similar for recent tournaments, such as a WC 2014 file that even had the kick-off times spot on. Apart of db edits for experimenting, I'm not sure how the lads are doing such. I know there's licensing issues so that SI can't provide this themselves. But a more flexibly/easily usably editor for custom tournaments would still be a great addition to the game in general. The benchmark arguably still is Sensi World Of Soccer, twenty odd years ago.

edit: Fixed my issues, though as with previous files for prior versions, naturally the correct squads are a bit of another challenge....

Even with all these things, you're never going to fully replicate factors like the form and fitness of players heading into the tournament, the psychological impact of the events of the season, or even the weather. A fully accurate simulation isn't possible without much more powerful editing tools.

Archived