[FM16] My first ever unemployed career.

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, facman said:

I assume that your main ambition for this season is the Champions League?

Pretty much. Basically, if I win the Champions League, the search is on to find a country who needs a manager and can realistically win the World Cup. Fail to win the Champions League and I'll be staying with Chelsea. That said, I want to win everything I possibly can, so I'm not exactly letting the Premier League pass me by.

4 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

That said, I want to win everything I possibly can, so I'm not exactly letting the Premier League pass me by.

I always find it tough deciding whether to play my first team or my rotation team for those midweek CL games, especially as there always seems to be a top of the table Premier League match either side of the important CL games!

Manchester United and Liverpool have both sacked their managers this week, but I'm not interested in either vacancy, despite the fact I've applied for one of them (Man Utd) in the past, and would have been interested in the other before they were relegated from the Premier League.

4 hours ago, facman said:

Grats on the Capital One Cup! Its going to be a close run thing for the EPL this season I think. Hopefully you'll have the legs to keep ahead of Arsenal and City. Everton still looking good for 4th place :)

Thanks facman! At 9 clear (with a game in hand) and 17 clear of missing out on a Europa spot, European football WILL be returning to Merseyside next season. Just not the red half. The red half of Manchester aren't too happy either, as their manager change hasn't delivered what they'd hoped.

2 hours ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Thanks facman! At 9 clear (with a game in hand) and 17 clear of missing out on a Europa spot, European football WILL be returning to Merseyside next season. Just not the red half.

As my cousin used to say: "There are two great teams in Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere!" ;)

Delattre won the golden boot again

Golden boot 2032.PNG

Suica was Footballer of the Year

FOTY 2032.PNG

Andre Luis came second in the Golden Glove despite sharing the goalkeeping duties this season

Glove 2032.PNG

I won manager of the year

MOTY 2032.PNG

Three players made the Premier League Team of the Year

TOTY 2032.PNG

Robert Suica had a great season

Suica 2032.PNG

and some team stats

Chelsea 2032.PNGChelsea 2032 2.PNG

I'm actually disappointed with this season, April's slump meant the League ended up much closer than it should have, and I've come up short in the Champions League again. With a European Championships this summer, it's almost inevitable there'll be an international opportunity, and if it's the right one to have a crack at the World Cup, I'd feel obliged to take it. If that happens I'd be looking to continue the save for several more seasons, taking a national side through a World Cup then having a crack with another European giant.

Archived