England vs Portugal Kick Off 7.45 ITV

darren1983

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13327486_1163142330391992_5550909482997167835_n.jpg?oh=54fba659e33bacf72f22b620023956d2&oe=57C89005

4-4-2 with Rafa and Nani upfront. Not sure if it's the flat variant (that we've been playing more recently with João Mário on the right, and one of the other midfielders on the left), or a diamond who seems to fit this lineup slightly better. May resemble both formations at different points of the match anyway, in a very dynamic loose type of system.

This may be slightly weird to watch for people who have gotten used to see Portugal playing 4-3-3 for over a decade.

Portugal in a much earlier stage of the preparation than England, many players only started to train last mid-week, when England had already played friendly games. Ronaldo and Pepe are still on holidays and therefore haven't joined the training camp. This being said, i'm afraid it might be a walk in the park for England. If they face each others during the euro championship it will be a completely different story.

Looks pretty close to an England starting-11 in a couple of weeks?

Yeah, not a million miles away. Maybe Clyne instead of Walker, Wilshere instead of Milner?

Portugal in a much earlier stage of the preparation than England, many players only started to train last mid-week, when England had already played friendly games. Ronaldo and Pepe are still on holidays and therefore haven't joined the training camp. This being said, i'm afraid it might be a walk in the park for England. If they face each others during the euro championship it will be a completely different story.

We'll cruise tonight before you beat us in the Euros in the quarters :D

Probably our preferred XI starting tonight against a decent but not remarkable team, should be a good gauge of how we'll get on in the tournament.

Didn't realise Carvalho was still alive. Vardy could have a field day tonight.

i don't know why they did it, but having the Champions League final so close to the tournament was ridiculous. Spent ages trying to get leagues to finish early, and then have the CL final two weeks before the competition starts.

But it's worth noting that this could well be our starting 11 already, if we swap in Pepe and Ronaldo for Bruno Alves and Rafa.

I'd like further changes, specially Raphael Guerreiro and José Fonte in for Eliseu and Ricardo Carvalho, but there's many possible variations and I'm sure the starting 11 won't be completely set in stone but be pretty flexible.

Just turned on, is this a 4-3-3 with Rooney through middle and Kane/Vardy wide? :D

4-4-2 diamond with Rooney #10 and Kane/Vardy defending out wide.

I don't even know what to say about Bruno Alves. Cheers for doing it now and not in 2 weeks time?

Archived