Sports Interactive Community

Woah check this out...

Just started an Arsenal save and used this tactic as a foundation to base it off...I twisted it to suit the players better. I have played one league game so far...

20170628213340_1.thumb.jpg.91f849659e1fbc4ff381c4d7b50d4d05.jpg20170628213450_1.thumb.jpg.089a67cbaf47621b7f48bd35b404b0d8.jpg

Hat tricks for both of the new boys....

Here's my slight variation of the tactic...there's quite a few PI's such as both the wide midfielders cutting inside and dribbling more..Bellerin and Monreal fewer risky passes. Coquelin hold position, close down less and fewer risky passes.

20170628213356_1.thumb.jpg.c31e3e04f97bf2e5edc52642e51aff1b.jpg

Great pre season too, I put the tactic to test by arranging friendlies with tough opponents:

20170628213327_1.thumb.jpg.885b327fdd5527acf20b40709257e4d5.jpg

What a great OP....cheers mate

Edited by NabsKebabs

Would love to know if original post uses any specific player instructions also or are all set with default?
Want to try something similar with lower league side.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

Would love to know if original post uses any specific player instructions also or are all set with default?
Want to try something similar with lower league side.

Goalkeeper - Jens Lehmann

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Petr Cech (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Goalkeeper (Defend): Distribute Quickly

Key Attributes: Experienced goalkeeper, solid across the board

Right Back - Lauren

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Francis Coquelin (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Right Fullback (Support): N/A

Key Attributes: Stamina, Work Rate, Strength, Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Anticipation, Concentration, Bravery

Centre Back - Kolo Toure

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Laurent Koscielny (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Centre Back (Defend): N/A

Key Attributes: Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Tackling, Marking, Strength, Pace, Acceleration, Balance, Bravery

Centre Back - Sol Campbell

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Kurt Zouma (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Centre Back (Defend): N/A

Key Attributes: Strength, Pace, Jumping, Heading, Tackling, Positioning, Anticipation, Concentration, Leadership

Left Back - Ashley Cole

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Jorge (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Left Wingback (Attack): N/A

Attributes: Dribbling, Crossing, Technique, Pace, Acceleration, Work Rate, Stamina, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Tackling

Right Midfield - Freddie Ljungberg

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Alexis Sanchez (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Wide Midfielder Right (Attack): N/A

Attributes: Finishing, Off the Ball, Pace, Acceleration, Technique, Stamina, Work Rate, Determination

Central Midfield - Gilberto Silva

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: William Carvalho (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Central Midfielder (Defend): Close Down Much Less

Key Attributes: Positioning, Anticipation, Concentration, Tackling, Strength, Marking, Stamina, Work Rate

Central Midfield - Patrick Vieira

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Paul Pogba (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Central Midfielder (Support): N/A

Key Attributes: Leadership, Determination, Technique, Passing, First Touch, Vision, Dribbling, Balance, Off the Ball, Positioning, Concentration, Anticipation, Tackling, Decisions

Left Midfield - Robert Pires

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Santi Cazorla (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Wide Playmaker Left (Attack): N/A

Key Attributes: Vision, Technique, Passing, First Touch, Flair, Off the Ball, Composure, Anticipation

Attacking Midfield - Dennis Bergkamp

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Mesut Ozil (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Advanced Playmaker (Attack): Hold Up Ball, Get Forward More

Key Attributes: Technique, Vision, Passing, First Touch, Off the Ball, Composure, Finishing, Anticipation, Decisions

Striker - Thierry Henry

Attributes, Individual Training & PPMs: Anthony Martial (history)

Player Role & Instructions: Complete Forward (Support): Move into Channels

Key Attributes: Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Off the Ball, Finishing, Composure, Agility (Flair and Team Work would be ideal)

hard to miss on the first post

Edited by brigzi

1 hour ago, brigzi said:

hard to miss on the first post

Damn, read it all in phone, did not notice or skipped a bit by the player stats.

Edited by saihtam

On 6/9/2017 at 08:44, andrewsgn said:

I'm having great success in FM 17 using this tactic as inspiration. Playing as Aston Villa, I'm 1st in the Championship after 28 matches. We've scored 52 (3rd in championship) and conceded 22 (1st). We just beat Southampton to advance in the FA cup and lost in the EFL cup semifinals vs Man Utd. Highlights of the season so far are a 3-2 win vs Southampton in the FA cup, a 1-0 win vs Tottenham in the EFL cup and a 0-0 away draw to Man Utd. 

The changes I've made are:

- Control instead of Attacking. I started with Attacking but found we gave the ball away too easily. I think to play this tactic on Attacking you really need the right players, which Villa certainly do not have. With Control we are averaging about 51% possession but are still quite aggressive going forward. 

- Changed "Bergkamp" to AM(S). I added Get Further Forward, More Risky Passes and Shoot Less Often to mimic the AP role without the added dribbling/playmaker designation. I found the AP(A) recklessly dribbled into the teeth of the defense too often, probably because I don't have the right player for this role. I've found the AM(S) still makes a lot of forward runs but sits back a little more to pick out passes. The support role also has the added benefit of dropping back more to help defend. I find we often defend in a 4-1-4-1 with the AM(S) dropping into midfield while the CM(D) drops deeper.

- Added Close Down More to "Henry" and "Bergkamp". This was inspired by the video @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! posted above. A minor change but I've found pressing the CB's leads to a lot of easy turnovers. I usually disable this against tougher competition.

- Changed "Ashley Cole" to a FB(A) with Run Wide With Ball and Dribble More PI's. This is a minor change and probably makes no difference but I've gotten more assists without the Cross From Byline PI that comes hardcoded with a WB(A). 

- Added an alternate tactic that drops "Vieira" and "Gilberto" into the DM strata as a RPM(S) and A(D). This was to address the issue @ceefax the cat posted re: the CM(D) being hard coded to close down more. I usually only use this tactic when we are heavy underdogs or if I'm worried about an opposing threat from AMC. The RPM still gets forward to support the attack but the Anchorman does a better job of shielding the back line. 

- They key to this tactic for me has been Scott Hogan. I started the season with Kodjia as "Henry" but he has the Likes to Beat Offside Trap PPM which I find to be a deal breaker in FM 17. Things really clicked when I started using Hogan instead. For anyone trying this tactic I'd suggest somebody with the Comes Deep To Get Ball PPM for this role. Hogan leads the Championship with 19 goals in 21 starts for me.

I'm still getting fantastic results with this tactic. I easily won the Championship in my first season as Villa. Scored 91 and conceded 40 which were both best in the league. I'm currently 5th in the Premier League after 8 matches which is a great start for a team predicted to finish 16th. In terms of the tactic I've only made minor changes from my previous post:

- I couldn't get the 2DM version to work so I gave up on that and now drop the mentality to Counter in tougher games. I've used this version in away draws to Tottenham and Man City and a 3-0 home win over Liverpool so am happy with the results so far.

- I changed the "Bergkamp" role back to AP(A). I really think an attacking duty is best for this position but you need to have the right player, which I now have in Marco Asensio. Madrid transfer listed him and I managed to pick him up for 9m. He had 1 goal in 4 matches as AM(S) and has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 matches since switching to AP(A). I may tinker with AM(A) to get rid of the playmaker ball magnet as I've noticed the attack is more focused on the right instead of the left. My "Pires" and "Vieira" have gotten much lower match ratings since making this change and "Bergkamp" now sees much more of the ball where it was previously spread evenly between the three. I'm worried about my attack stalling if Asensio is marked out. 

- I also signed Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic and am experimenting with changing the CM(D) to DLP(D) when he's in the lineup. I haven't used this enough to form an opinion on its effectiveness

As one of the old guard on here, its nice to see new tactical genius on here replicating good old systems.  Ill give this a go. KUTGW.

2 hours ago, metalface13 said:

I'm struggling to find someone to adequately fill the Viera role. Any recommendations for a top team like Arsenal?

I have a few. Naby Keita, Paul Pogba, Cesc Fabregas, Ander Herrera...

9 hours ago, metalface13 said:

I'm struggling to find someone to adequately fill the Viera role. Any recommendations for a top team like Arsenal?

There are quite a few box-to-box type players in the game with good attributes to take on Vieira's role, but not all of them with the same physical presence in height and weight. I'd probably try and train someone like Bazoer or Goretzka into the role. Bazoer in particular looks very promising in my save - young and still "shapeable".

Thanks guys! Pogba and Herrera are already at ManU, I'm playing on FM17, so I doubt I'll be able to pry either of them away, at least in first season. All the other suggestions are good ones, thanks guys! Dare I bring Cesc back?

Thank God for these old(ish) threads, these tactics (especially with inverted wingers) work a treat in FM18, this thread and Ozil's Sachi tactic have stopped me from going back to FM17.

1 hour ago, axehan1 said:

Thank God for these old(ish) threads, these tactics (especially with inverted wingers) work a treat in FM18, this thread and Ozil's Sachi tactic have stopped me from going back to FM17.

What changes to this did you make in FM18?

This is my take on the Invincibles

gGSMht0.jpg?1

Home games for this one.

This is my version of Sacchi's

QcdjybZ.jpg?1

Posted (edited)

Hi everybody,

Is there anybody trying to replicate this tactic in FM2019 ?
Definitely my favourite of all time. Congrats @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! !

Edited by Delial

On 18/04/2019 at 15:27, Delial said:

Hi everybody,

Is there anybody trying to replicate this tactic in FM2019 ?
Definitely my favourite of all time. Congrats @Ö-zil to the Arsenal! !

I tried!

Shamelessly copied. Used BustTheNet for the medium block.

Attemped to use Inverted wingers on both flanks, but had more success with a WP on the left.

Playing with FC Copenhagen in the Danish league, I'm a very big fish in a small pond. So not sure if the tactic holds, or if the opposition just fears my team and play cautiously, and/or i field vastly superior players,

FCK.thumb.png.d46a3730e0d21bf0946c8ea6944994ed.png

FCK2.thumb.png.5c272ee59587bad01dae2ca45ac45c33.png

Le 20/04/2019 à 16:12, Riquelme86 a dit :

I tried!

Shamelessly copied. Used BustTheNet for the medium block.

Attemped to use Inverted wingers on both flanks, but had more success with a WP on the left.

Playing with FC Copenhagen in the Danish league, I'm a very big fish in a small pond. So not sure if the tactic holds, or if the opposition just fears my team and play cautiously, and/or i field vastly superior players,

FCK.thumb.png.d46a3730e0d21bf0946c8ea6944994ed.png

FCK2.thumb.png.5c272ee59587bad01dae2ca45ac45c33.png

Very cool results!

Do you have any PI’s ?

I’m trying to recreate the tactic with Napoli but I don’t think I have the right players to do it for now.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Delial said:

Very cool results!

Do you have any PI’s ?

I’m trying to recreate the tactic with Napoli but I don’t think I have the right players to do it for now.

Only the APM (Hold up ball & get further forward)

In a competitive league like Serie A, playing exclusively on Attacking might get you murdered though (Has been my experience using this tactic with Valencia)

Moved the APM forward to striker postition with some succes in la liga, till i can make some transfers. Countering teams on cautious has been somewhat succesful :thup:

Edited by Riquelme86