Chairman/Director profiles

Asked this in the Wishlist thread but might get an answer if it's on its own.

Is there a reason as to why we cannot see the profiles of board members? I always thought it would be good to see their history or some stats but assumed since I thought it would a logical thing to be in the game, there must be some outstanding reason as to why we cannot.

No reason other than it hasn't really been a pressing priority to include these things... while I agree it would be nice, it's adding extra data into an already massive database.. and bare in mind the amount of board changes happen, there is a lot of extra bloat once generated board members come in.

One of the silliest things I've found is that when you request a board meeting to discuss the identity of the club you actually get to see a nice little profile of the preferred mentalities the chairman believes in (likes possession football, sign young players etc.). Silly because it doesn't exist as a screen on it's own.

If I recall the chairman do have quite a plethora of stats in the editor as well. Making them clickable 'characters' in the game would be great.

Chairmen are a weirdly important figure in football these days, to the point they should be fleshed out a bit in-game. I'd also like to see the game notify you when they attend matches, with those games having a small multiplier for meeting club philosophy goals.

I'd love this feature too, but l suspect there'll be something preventing it that's out of SI's control. For example, if Assem Allam had a realistic profile on FM, l imagine the bonkers old giffer would haul SI through the courts for some perceived defamation.

But they do have profiles (preferred philosophies as well as having attributes in the database), which is why it confuses me a little bit. Is it being screenshottable the incriminating bit? I don't see how it's any different to attributing personalities to real players as well.

No reason other than it hasn't really been a pressing priority to include these things... while I agree it would be nice, it's adding extra data into an already massive database.. and bare in mind the amount of board changes happen, there is a lot of extra bloat once generated board members come in.

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about the extra data which would need to be included and the effect that would have on the running speed. Live in hope of there somehow being a way to streamline that in the future.

Chairmen are a weirdly important figure in football these days, to the point they should be fleshed out a bit in-game. I'd also like to see the game notify you when they attend matches, with those games having a small multiplier for meeting club philosophy goals.

That was my idea in the wishlist, in that they have such a huge importance in modern football, it would be great to see much more of that in-game. Would love a challenge whereby you're at a club with a Chairman who is renowned for his itchy trigger finger or for interfering, just to see how I'd cope or could win them around. Or even just to see the AI controlled clubs go through a terrible time.

There are some pretty trigger happy ones in-game but a Cellino-esque challenge would be brilliant, you essentially get to take over a side with morale shot to pieces and you're their 4th manager of the season and stuck to the bottom of the table. You get 6 games to turn it around or you're out, if you do turn it around failure to be in the top 6 of your league after 8 games results in termination.

I would be a fan of this, even if it is just a biography page similar to that of retired players. It would only then be key chairmen (well no real life ones) and any Regen ones that take over such as tycoons, or hugely successful teams. If displaying trophies during their tenure , etc are too database heavy, then just some simple information such as the already mentioned information of philosophies, method of running the club, personality, etc.

I just had a takeover which is causing all kinds of mess in my game - I was on the chopping block, drawn out deal meant large transfer embargo window, the final cost pushed us above the 2B threshold and put us into the negative.

All I have seen is New Chairman X has said thank you for your patience, your high stature in the club has allowed other members to persuade him to keep you on.

Fleshing this out would add a lot for some of the community, I believe.

Archived