Sports Interactive Community
ShyBaldBuddhist

Euro 2016 Betting Thread - Tales of Woe Guaranteed

Got £20 on Wales to win the tournament at 80/1. And £5 on bale top scorer at 40/1.

Had my free bet365 bet v England on Bale fgs which was £300 (and little consolation at the time).

I put £50 on Austria/Poland making the 1/4s at 7/1 so could do with Austria winning tonight.

Few smaller bets that haven't come in but I've not really bet much so far.

I'd imagine 365 took a hammering on the England v Wales offer. Bale fgs probably backed by half of Wales and England 2-1 a popular score as well.

Seems like it's been a profitable tournament so far for most??

Where did you get the 13.5 on Northern Ireland to qualify Paz? Seems like a big over pricing by someone.

Pricing was widely available pre tournament (I think).

I personally got it on William Hill.

Definitely didn't? :D

Will either Croatia or Spain be leading at HT? Yes - Correct - Croatia Vs Spain was 1-1 at half time so neither was leading, that should be no so is incorrect.

Will both teams score in Croatia VS Spain? No - Incorrect - I'm wrong.

I think we both mixed up :D

50/50 :brock:

I'm off to Ladbrokes to do one of these slips now :thup:

Pricing was widely available pre tournament (I think).

I personally got it on William Hill.

You been paid out yet? to qualify was definitely 3.5.

used Free £3 bet on Belgium win.. £2.55 won :lol:

try and win back the outlay used on the initial bet then its all profit.. still not there yet :lol:

I was looking at a few novelty bets and a couple have caught my eye, all with Stan James.

Total tournament goals - under 124.5 @ evens. It works out at an average of more than 2.44 goals per game which i dont think will happen, especially towards the end of the tournament. It doesnt count extra time either.

Total red cards under 7.5 @ 11/10. Again this is just in normal time.

Sit Rep

Goals works out at over 3.7 goals a game now. If this doesnt come in we're in for a cracking knockout stage.

2 red cards so far and the refs are being very lenient. Quietly confident on this one.

Made a packet today.

Event, odds, points:

Over 3.5 cards POR HUN 1.8 5

Goal after 81min ITAIRE 14 1

IRE HUN ICE +.25 7 1

AUS POR DOUBLE 3 2 50 150 100

If you look on twitter @tipstereuro2016 you will see I tipped these up before midday today. It's the first time I've used my betting twitter to post. I have almost zero followers but would appreciate a follow and retweet from any of you.

Up to a profit of £2,326 for the tournament now.

However, that's going to be hurt by my losing bets that come in now some teams have not qualified. Will probably lose about £200 off that profit if not more.

Yer great call Toony. I followed your advice on that one pal.

Is Modric playing tonight? Key decision whether to take Croatia

He trained fully and is expected to play, not playing vs Spain was mostly precautionary.

I'm on Switzerland -0, Wales -0.5 and Croatia -0.25

Switzerland - Poland is straight up a coinflip for me. Poland are good, but defensively Switzerland are really tough to break.

Wales at above evens is one of the best closing lines for me so far.

I was sure we'd see Croatia down to 2.5 at kick-off. But this is a very good line.

Bit disappointed in the Euros so far. €3 849.80 staked €191.40 profit for a 5% ROI. 7.1% vs closing odds.

Stan James are idiots. I put 3 single bets on before the tournament. 2 for the whole tournament and 1 for the group stages.

Anyway the group stage bet won and got paid out but now they've changed their mind and reversed it. The reason I hear you ask? Because it was on the same betslip as the other 2 for the whole tournament and I have to wait for the others to be settled.

Well you've done yourself out of any more money from me as there is no way i'm topping up my balance.

I don't really get the drift towards Portugal here. They're favourites now. I don't buy it

I don't really get the drift towards Portugal here. They're favourites now. I don't buy it

Came in to post the same. Croatia have been the most impressive team so far, Portugal have looked dodgy at the back. I don't see them winning this.

Have a Wales/Croatia double. Also have £1 on 2-1 and same on 3-1 to Croatia, and Perisic to score first and Croatia to win 3-1 at 135/1

Croatia to win in 90 mins at 2/1 has to be the bet. However I would make Portugal favourites going into extra time and penalties. Overall I'd say it's 50-50 as to who qualifies.

Good calls toon :)

And nice call on bale so far Hodgy!

I'm hoping he has already done enough for the e/w part, 1 more goal will secure that for sure and it's needed for me as the rest of my bets have been pants :D

Stan James are idiots. I put 3 single bets on before the tournament. 2 for the whole tournament and 1 for the group stages.

Anyway the group stage bet won and got paid out but now they've changed their mind and reversed it. The reason I hear you ask? Because it was on the same betslip as the other 2 for the whole tournament and I have to wait for the others to be settled.

Well you've done yourself out of any more money from me as there is no way i'm topping up my balance.

I'm not sure if I'm shocked or not! I have never had more than one bet on a slip so not sure if it's the norm but for some reason that's what I'd expect, the whole slip settled once all bets have settled. Do you know what do other bookies do?

Just got Perisic to score anytime and Croatia to win @ 15/2 on paddy power, on their site it is only 6/1 but if you click through oddschecker it lets you place it at 15/2 :)

I'm not sure if I'm shocked or not! I have never had more than one bet on a slip so not sure if it's the norm but for some reason that's what I'd expect, the whole slip settled once all bets have settled. Do you know what do other bookies do?

Not a clue to be honest. Don't understand why they would let you do it if that's the case. Its not like the offered it as a treble either, it was just 3 single bets.

Meh, their loss I cant pick my nose atm :D

Bookmakers are buggers. Before the match today, I looked at the odds of any of the outsiders getting to the final. The odds were terrible. Poland at 8/1, is basically the same number as the number of teams actually in it competing on that side of the draw. No actual incentive to take a gamble at all.

Were you expecting 20s? :D

The Poles were 50/1 to win pre tournament however those odds of 8/1 to make the final aren't bad at all, there is not much between the teams on that side of the draw really and the reality is they now have a decent chance of making the final, you can't have been expecting much bigger surely? :D

Not 20s, but 8/1 is derisory and lazy. 8 teams in that side of the draw to have a chance of making it to the final. 8/1 offers no incentive to bet on it. I would have bet at 10/1 or something. Bookies never miss a trick.

8/1 to make final now they are in the quarters look fair but not before today.

I see Poland as short as 7/2 on Hills and as big as 17/2 on PP.

They have Portugal (5/2) next who haven't been that good, it's another 50/50 match up then a likely semi of Belgium (5/1) or Wales (8/1).

There really isn't that much between any of those teams, 8/1 if you can get it on Poland is a pretty good price.

All odds above are what I've seen for those teams to make the final.

They have Portugal (5/2) next who haven't been that good, it's another 50/50 match up

You should get on Poland +0.25 then. Above evens at the moment. I agree that it's a coinflip

Both outrights I've got on looking reasonably promising (ignoring my only other outright which was Janko golden boot bet, a joke from start to finish, if only the money from that had also been put on Bale).

Bale for Golden Boot looks a bit nervy - no more Morata but real shame Griezmann bagged two to go level with the top scorers as if anyone is to score against Iceland, it's bound to be him. Hoping Bale gets at least 1 more goal & then surely some payout.

Italy was well worth the £10 with Sky then as my money is now virtually recouped & should they get past Germany, they have to be favourites. Very glad I switched from Portugal, don't think I'd have even won a free bet with them yet as no 90 minute wins.

The odds on the next set of fixtures looks generous - Wales 5/1 to beat a Belgium side they know all about, really?

I can't resist a few quid on Iceland to qualify at 5/1 either, France have looked even less convincing than England IMO & with added pressure.

free bet from Germany win has gone on Poland.. odds are decent as well, win that my initial outlay is recouped

and odds to reach the final are always rubbish, just bet on a game by game basis.

had iceland to win vs england at 9/1 and don't need to bet again :applause:

Germany can ruin my chances of a decent profit as I have France outright winners and Italy and Iceland in the sweepstake. Although I do have Poland on the other side of the tournament.

Goals bet is looking fantastic. Up to over 5 goals a game needed now to lose that one.

My red card bets are holding their own. 3 so far. Needs 5 or more now to lose.

Anyone think Poland are overpriced at 3/1 to beat Portugal? It just seems too big for me.

Yeah, I said as much further up. Just no justification for Portugal being clear favourites. They've proved nothing to justify it.

The only argument is that they managed to neutralize Croatia's midfield somewhat, but they were still outplayed. Milik has been wasteful, but he's created a lot for himself, while Lewa has been marked out of the games, and it's clear he's not in form. Ronaldo was invisible in three matches as well, so it's not out of this world that he'll find his form. Kuba and Krychowiak has been better than any Portugese midfielder as well. I'm weirdly excited for this match.

Sorry I've been quiet on here.

Used my winnings to buy England Iceland tickets, and tickets for the QF that have turned out to be France Iceland :)

Bets I've had come in since my last post:

Gareth McCauley to be NIRE top scorer. 1 point at 26/1. Split pot, so 13 point profit on that one

-1 point on croatia e/w

So now at £2,626 profit for the tournament.

Going for today:

0-0

1-1

Tie settled in extra time

Poland +.5,+1 on alternative asian handicap

Naturally Portugal will win in normal time :)

Sorry I've been quiet on here.

Used my winnings to buy England Iceland tickets, and tickets for the QF that have turned out to be France Iceland :)

Bets I've had come in since my last post:

Gareth McCauley to be NIRE top scorer. 1 point at 26/1. Split pot, so 13 point profit on that one

-1 point on croatia e/w

So now at £2,626 profit for the tournament.

Going for today:

0-0

1-1

Tie settled in extra time

Poland +.5,+1 on alternative asian handicap

Naturally Portugal will win in normal time :)

Not a bad result with the 6/1 shot 1-1 draw and the asian handicap.

Up to £2,876 profit now.

Didn't get around to putting anything on Wales in the end, shame as 5/1 was a great price.

Not a bad result with the 6/1 shot 1-1 draw and the asian handicap.

Up to £2,876 profit now.

Will you be tipping for domestic football next season?

If only I'd followed your tips this tournament :D

Took 8/1 for payet to score from outside the box, think Iceland should be quite deep so hopefully a pop shot from 20 yards can decide it

well that free £3 bet from Germany winning used on Lewis Hamilton win and fastest lap

that's £9. and puts me up on the initial outlay of £10 overall on Germany to win the tournament by some pence :lol:

talk about stressful penos and last lap crash for £9 lol

Took 8/1 for payet to score from outside the box, think Iceland should be quite deep so hopefully a pop shot from 20 yards can decide it

Well done. How much did you put on it?

I put a fiver on Bale scoring outside the area but not Payet and I was so considering it. Just my luck.

no I'm over by a few pence because i won an earlier free bet.

£11.55 won so far

oh.. I'm up £1.55, seems I forgot to put a quid on top scorer :lol:

and Germany are still in so, there is are still another possible 2 free bets and the winnings from Germany winning

Didn't get around to putting anything on Wales in the end, shame as 5/1 was a great price.

Will you be tipping for domestic football next season?

If only I'd followed your tips this tournament :D

Yes I will be. Follow @tipstereuro2016 .

Only just started using that page, but will start to post regular bets on there.

Any thoughts on the game tonight before KO? I fancy Portugal to win, both teams to score and Ronaldo anytime, 7/1 on WH, I haven't checked any other sites.

Had a couple of small bets too on the following as I fancy goals and wouldn't be surprised to see Welsh bookings if Portugal finally turn up:

Over 2.5 goals, over 7.5 corners, Renato Sanches & Joe Ledley to be booked- 50/1.

A goal in each half, over 6.5 Portugal corners, Portugal to qualfiy, Allen & Chester to be carded - 80/1.

Draw, over 7.5 corners, Gunter & Ledley to be carded - 80/1.

I'm all over 0-0 and 1-1.

I also have both these teams to win the whole thing. I got on Wales before the Belgium game at 29/1 and I cant remember the odds but I was on Portugal pre tournament with odds/stake that pays slightly more. This was with the free £5 bet with every game they win as well so that has gone horribly :D

Yes I will be. Follow @tipstereuro2016 .

Only just started using that page, but will start to post regular bets on there.

Excellent, cheers :thup: Will keep an eye on those tips.

Looks like I may be regretting changing my mind & placing money on Italy winning it over Portugal.

Both teams to score today for me. 11/10 I believe. 1 point.

Just been looking on betloop.co.uk they've got enhanced odds with ladbrokes

Germany v France: France to win & Both Teams to Score @ 11/2

and with Will Hill

Germany v France: Muller to score & Germany to win @ 5/1 I thought thats got to be worth £20