Euro 2016 Betting Thread - Tales of Woe Guaranteed

ShyBaldBuddhist

A specific tournament betting thread has gone down well previously so thought we may as well have another. Only a few weeks now until it all kicks off so come on everybody to share the value bets, outlandish accumulators, novelty bets and tales of disappointment.

Overall winner odds (from B365)

France		10/3
Germany		10/3
Spain		11/2
England		17/2
Belgium		11/1
Italy		16/1
Portugal	20/1
Croatia		33/1
Austria		40/1
Poland		50/1
Wales		66/1
Russia		66/1
Switzerland	66/1
Czech Republic	80/1
Turkey		80/1
Ukraine		80/1
Bar		100/1

I've used B365 odds as it was the site I had open at the time but don't forget to use Oddschecker to ensure you're getting the best price.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this in the "outlandish predictions" thread, but I reckon Austria are a good bet for the QF.

Nice settled side, some good results in qualifying, and even if they finish 2nd behind Portugal they will avoid a Group Winner in the R16 because of how the draw falls.

First offers I've noticed:

Stan James: Place £20 on the Top Goalscorer market and receive a free £5 bet every time he scores - https://betting.stanjames.com/Promotions/football/euro-2016-golden-boot-5-free-bet-offer

Betfred: Place a bet on England to win the tournament and if they go out of the tournament on penalties money back as cash.

I'll be taking advantage of both, for the Stan James offer I'll be going for Thomas Muller as top scorer @7/1, he just always seems to get on the score sheet so I expect him to nab me a couple of free bets at minimum if he doesn't win it.

Paddy Power should hopefully do the offer as well as they have also done that offer the past couple of seasons for Prem top scorer and the last World Cup too.

I'll also stick £20 on England with Betfred @9/1, it's almost like a free bet with the money back offer on penalties :D

Sky bet offer - not too sure who to take on this, don't want to back one of France, Germany etc at their odds. Might take a side the level below like Portugal for a bit of interest at a big price - decent group at the minimum.

£3 Free Bet EVERY Time Your Team Wins

The Euros are just round the corner and to enhance the excitement we are giving you the chance to earn a free bet, EVERY time your team wins a match.

Simply place £10 or more on a team to win OR £10 each-way on the Euro 2016 outright market and you'll get a £3 free bet whenever your team wins during the tournament.

For example, if your team wins four matches, you will earn £12 in free bets!

One qualifying bet per customer. Free bet will be credited within 24 hours of your team winning.

Sky bet offer - not too sure who to take on this, don't want to back one of France, Germany etc at their odds. Might take a side the level below like Portugal for a bit of interest at a big price - decent group at the minimum.

I was going to put £10 on Italy as there odds look big at 16s however to take advantage of the free bet I think Portugal may be the better option at 20/1 looking at both teams groups, I'd expect Portugal to win at least one game in the group and they could potentially win all 3 whereas Italy have a really difficult group that could go either way, I'll definitely opt for one of those two though as the team I fully expect to win the tournament (Germany) are just too short @7/2 for me.

Is the total goals for a team market on 365 just group goals or whole tournament?

It is for the whole tournament :thup:

Hodgy Hi, I was just looking at your euro 2016 odds and was slightly confused. You have a market that says "team total goals", are these odds for team total goals in the group or the tournament as it isn't clear.

Daniel Hr Hello Hodgy, One moment please.

Daniel Hr I have referred this for you, and it is for the whole tournament it would be based on.

Your reference number for this chat is 31525616

With my backing of Turkey and Austria to win the tournament, I added Marc Janko (66/1) and Cenk Tosun (200/1) as top goalscorers.

This and the office pool should keep me entertained when there's no other football going!

I've changed my mind on Giroud and I think i'll probably go for Lewandowski. Stan James are doing Lewandowski and France outright as a double @ 66/1.

Shane Long got me excited @ 150/1 then I realised how stupid it is and put a quid on anyway :lol:

Do France have an out and out goal scorer in their team who will score all their goals? If so then they should be worth a punt for top goal scorer.

Lewandowski will be my choice i think. Probably with the stanjames offer.

Have also followed Vegard with turkey as they were 99/1 on betfair pre England match. They looked alright but without a top goal scorer. Plus I have a feeling they may rack up a few cards...

I've looked at Frances options and its hard to pick as all they have played is friendlies but Giroud seemed to feature (and score) quite often. Greizmann doesn't seem to feature that often (think his last France goal was in October) and Lacazettes scoring record for France is terrible.

Think that Giroud will be the main striker for France, think Griezmann will play wider for them rather than through the middle like he does for Atletico and Lacazette isn't even in the squad.

William hill offer:

England Free Bet Special

Cheer on England this summer with our free bet special. Simply stake £10 on England to win the Euros, and you'll get a £5 free bet every time they win a match.

8/1 at the moment.

I've made my first few bets now, some long shots but keeps it interesting for me should one of them spring a surprise.

England to win outright @8/1 with WH, took advantage of the free bet offer.

Austria to win @40/1 with Skybet - Were 45s with Betfair but used on Skybet for the free bet offer. One of only 3 unbeaten teams in qualifying with Italy & England and also look to be in a favourable group.

Italy to win @18s with Coral - I looked at there squad and qualifying campaign and I don't understand why they are so big, they look tough to break down as usual and whilst they don't look capable of hammering anyone they are good enough to beat anyone in the tournament, it could be a typical Italy team that produces defensive master classes throughout and they are usually pretty good in a shootout, no one will beat them easily and definitely worth a few quid.

N Ireland to reach semi finals @100/1 with WH - big odds and in the year of the underdog, why not?

I haven't placed my top scorer bet yet but I think if Gareth Bale comes through unscathed tonight I will be going for him at 50s, he is there main goal threat at all times, be it in play, from set pieces, if Wales score you expect to see Bales name on the scoresheet and that price is too big to be ignored for me, if Wales do get to the quarters or beyond Bale could conceivably end up with 4goals +, my alternative is Muller however will probably do both.

I've gone for a group winners acca, nothing outrageous - France, England, Germany, Spain and Portugal. Pays around 10/1

Lewandowski top scorer in the stan james offer @ 14/1

France outright @ 3/1

Both of the above in a double @ 66/1

My throwing money away bets are Poland outright @ 50/1 and Shane Long top scorer @ 150/1

I've made my first few bets now, some long shots but keeps it interesting for me should one of them spring a surprise.

Austria to win @40/1 with Skybet - Were 45s with Betfair but used on Skybet for the free bet offer. One of only 3 unbeaten teams in qualifying with Italy & England and also look to be in a favourable group.

Italy to win @18s with Coral - I looked at there squad and qualifying campaign and I don't understand why they are so big, they look tough to break down as usual and whilst they don't look capable of hammering anyone they are good enough to beat anyone in the tournament, it could be a typical Italy team that produces defensive master classes throughout and they are usually pretty good in a shootout, no one will beat them easily and definitely worth a few quid.

N Ireland to reach semi finals @100/1 with WH - big odds and in the year of the underdog, why not?

I haven't placed my top scorer bet yet but I think if Gareth Bale comes through unscathed tonight I will be going for him at 50s, he is there main goal threat at all times, be it in play, from set pieces, if Wales score you expect to see Bales name on the scoresheet and that price is too big to be ignored for me, if Wales do get to the quarters or beyond Bale could conceivably end up with 4goals +, my alternative is Muller however will probably do both.

Betfair are doing the free bet offer, but stake £25 get £5 free bet, so could be better depending on staking level.

Betfair are doing the free bet offer, but stake £25 get £5 free bet, so could be better depending on staking level.

Yep, that's similar to the skybet offer, betfairs is stake £25 on a team to win get a £5 free bet every match they win, pens and extra time included.

Paddy power also have a top scorer offer similar to the Stan James one I posted above however be careful as where Stan James give you a £5 free bet for every goal your player scores, Paddy Power are only giving free bets for every match your player scores in so a hat trick will earn you a £5 free bet with PP but you will get 3x £5 free bets with SJ.

In addition to those bets placed above I have also done:

Bale top scorer @50/1 e/w with Stan James - As my post said before, he will be Wales main goal threat from everywhere and in such an open competition with the new format Wales could do well, e/w pays top 4.

A double of England to win & Giroud top scorer @200/1 also with SJ - Stuck a quid on this just because :D

Gents - just want to send a message of positivity to all those trying to win some beer money/earn a whole night out/clear a debt/afford to do their weekly shop fully at Waitrose.

Austria to reach the QF (7/4) or even win it (40/1 to be traded off as a lay when they hit 2nd round/QF) is a pretty decent bet.

For any of you who want to gain a small advantage over the Euros, I quit my job to start my own Euro 2016 Betting Tips Business. It's only £50 for the duration of the Euros. I won't advertise it again in here, as that isn't the purpose of this forum. You can private message me if you're interested. FYI I used to work at Sports Interactive (but am in no way associated with them at all), and have been a member of this forum since 2002, so I'm not a con artist :) Made 24% profit in the last Euros.

I imagine there will be some fantastic tips in here from some astute football minds throughout the tournament and I look forward to hearing the tales of woe, that are superseded by tales of success.

Yep, that's similar to the skybet offer, betfairs is stake £25 on a team to win get a £5 free bet every match they win, pens and extra time included.

Paddy power also have a top scorer offer similar to the Stan James one I posted above however be careful as where Stan James give you a £5 free bet for every goal your player scores, Paddy Power are only giving free bets for every match your player scores in so a hat trick will earn you a £5 free bet with PP but you will get 3x £5 free bets with SJ.

Hodgy - great advice for everyone. Appreciate that mate.

My main bets at the moment are Germany as outright winners 9/2 and Muller top scorer 7/1. Also doubled it up at small stakes 18/1.

I've followed Vegard with an outside bet at big odds on Janko top scorer 66/1.

I've also done a few team top scorer bets for a bit of interest during the group stages.

Perisic at 7/1 for Croatia

Torje at 7/1 for Romania

Seleznyov at 8/1 for Ukraine

That's probably going to be it for me until the tournament starts. I had loads of pre-tournament bets at the World Cup and I've decided to be a bit more sensible for the Euro's.

Put a very small bet on James Rodriguez top scorer at the world cup when he was 80/1 so will try and replicate that with an outside bet on the Euros. Think Janko is a decent one, Bale at 40/1 on skybet is quite good. Is Milik for Poland a sure thing? Think he plays up front with Lewandowski, who you'd imagine will score more but Milik is 100/1 on skybet and he scored against Germany in qualifying. Perhaps worth a very small bet.

My main bets at the moment are Germany as outright winners 9/2 and Muller top scorer 7/1. Also doubled it up at small stakes 18/1.

I've followed Vegard with an outside bet at big odds on Janko top scorer 66/1.

I've also done a few team top scorer bets for a bit of interest during the group stages.

Perisic at 7/1 for Croatia

Torje at 7/1 for Romania

Seleznyov at 8/1 for Ukraine

That's probably going to be it for me until the tournament starts. I had loads of pre-tournament bets at the World Cup and I've decided to be a bit more sensible for the Euro's.

ShyBaldBuddhist - how much have you seem Seleznyov play? Forgive me, I must admit I am not an expert on the Ukranian team. However, I thought that Zozulya is now Ukraine's first choice striker? Please correct me as you see fit.

Bet £10 on at least a 4/5 chance and you get a £20 free bet, allegedly :)

It definitely works. I opened a Stan James account at the weekend, placed £10 on the Championship playoff final, received a £20 free bet the following morning :thup:

Put a very small bet on James Rodriguez top scorer at the world cup when he was 80/1 so will try and replicate that with an outside bet on the Euros. Think Janko is a decent one, Bale at 40/1 on skybet is quite good. Is Milik for Poland a sure thing? Think he plays up front with Lewandowski, who you'd imagine will score more but Milik is 100/1 on skybet and he scored against Germany in qualifying. Perhaps worth a very small bet.

Bale is 50/1 with most other major bookmakers :)

It definitely works. I opened a Stan James account at the weekend, placed £10 on the Championship playoff final, received a £20 free bet the following morning :thup:

Bale is 50/1 with most other major bookmakers :)

Oooh thanks for that :thup:

I went a bit over the top with my goalscorer bets:

Janko 66/1

Tosun 200/1

Smolov 200/1

Zozulya 250/1

Milik 125/1

Yarmolenko 105/1

Nolito 35/1

Also backed Over 2.25 in France - Romania at 1.94 and Turkey +0.25 against Croatia at 2.04.

I CAN'T WAIT!

I was looking at a few novelty bets and a couple have caught my eye, all with Stan James.

Total tournament goals - under 124.5 @ evens. It works out at an average of more than 2.44 goals per game which i dont think will happen, especially towards the end of the tournament. It doesnt count extra time either.

Total red cards under 7.5 @ 11/10. Again this is just in normal time.

With the group games I normally look for the bet that was posted from the World Cup - think it was called the Gillsminnow bet

Three games

Choose one to win in each game

BTTS to score in each game

6 x doubles I think

If the teams you want to win score in each game you tend to get your money back, anything more is extra

I was looking at a few novelty bets and a couple have caught my eye, all with Stan James.

Total tournament goals - under 124.5 @ evens. It works out at an average of more than 2.44 goals per game which i dont think will happen, especially towards the end of the tournament. It doesnt count extra time either.

Total red cards under 7.5 @ 11/10. Again this is just in normal time.

Could be a lot of negative football in the group stages too as there will be some teams that get through in 3rd spots courtesy of not losing (as opposed to winning).

Bets I've made so far:

2 points on England at evens - WON

2 points on Japan HT/FT at 2.7 - WON

4 points on Ivory Coast to beat Gabon at 1.56 - WON

Not all strictly Euro 2016 I know :D

Today Wales looks a little over-priced against Sweden at 4/1. The double with Turkey is value also.

Toon 84: Is your red cards bet in the whole tournament in normal time? 7 red cards or lower seems a tad low. That being said, with only 3 red cards at '12 and '08, even with the extra 8 games, it seems good value.

Archived