Scout recommendation not viewable/sortable in player search ? Other "missing" FM Functions

Hey guys, considering the game uses some of the same elements as FM, i have been wondering about a couple things that i can´t seem to find. Hoping they are in and i´m just not looking in the right spots ...

When filtering in the player search, is there no way to display the scout recommendation and sort by it ? Or search for it ? (showing only 4 or 5 star recommendations f.e.). The former is kinda possible on the draft screen, but that´s not really helpful when managing outside the NHL or when looking at Free Agents.

The same goes for your own roster and/or AHL roster. Is there no way to display and sort by the recommendation of your assistant ?

Also, is it not possible to have more than 1 shortlist at a time ? In FM i always have several, in EHM it´d make sense to have 1 for Juniors, one for draftees and another for Veterans. I realize you can filter by age/rights, but then the list gets cluttered quickly. Heck, in FM i like to have shortlists for interesting players i won´t ever sign but whose career i want to follow.

Also, are there any plans to make it easier to track player development as it has happened in FM a version or 2 back ?

My understanding is FM is a team of 100 people working on a yearly release for the last two decades.....while EHM is essentially one guy working in his spare time (when he's not working on FM), resurrecting a game last released in 2006 - so IMO comparing FM and EHM, even though they're by the same company, doesn't really work

IIRC once a scout has completed an assignment, you can sort the players (by stars) that that scout scouted (but you lose this "list" once you send the scout on their next assignment, and the scouting report can only by found again by looking at the player)

And while "recommendations" aren't possible, you can have the Head Coach select the roster and/or lineup and/or tactics (I'm not really sure what you're looking for/what you want recommendations on)

• SI Staff

You should be able to make multiple shortlists one at a time by saving them individually, but currently it is not possible to have multiple shortlists active at the same time. When you have a scout reporting back with player reports, you should see his general recommendation on the left most column of the search screen for that scout as a star rating. Also, when you are viewing the scouted players on the search screen, there is an option in the "View" menu to show "Scout Recommendations". This lists both the Current and Future star ratings the scout has given each player on his list.

As noted above, EHM doesn't really share too much of the gameplay code of FM as the two are separate and individual projects although we are constantly trying to inch EHM towards using more and more of the shared technology at SI. However that is more on the technical side rather than gameplay. And yes, there is a bit of difference when it comes to resources of the two projects so I'm afraid we cannot always keep up with all the new gameplay features that FM incorporates.

Archived