Scotland - Euro 2016 Thread

Hom3r

A nice new thread to share your opinions and snide remarks about your fellow home nations who are spending the Summer in France as well as regular updates on how Steven Fletcher is looking in friendlies against qualified teams this summer...

A bit of culture will do you well, a season or ten in The Championship might teach you some humility but knowing some posters on here I doubt it.

Scotland wanted independence well, here it is while we're all in France :lol:

No we didn't. Not the majority anyway.

A nice new thread to share your opinions and snide remarks about your fellow home nations who are spending the Summer in France as well as regular updates on how Steven Fletcher is looking in friendlies against qualified teams this summer...

Ironic that you open with a snide remark about snide remarks...

I'll be hoping all home nations do well, as I always do, given we're not there. Except Wales. **** Wales.

No we didn't. Not the majority anyway.

Ironic that you open with a snide remark about snide remarks...

I'll be hoping all home nations do well, as I always do, given we're not there. Except Wales. **** Wales.

Why Wales? I am hoping Wales do well, actually hope every home nation do well.

Pardon :D ?
Why Wales? I am hoping Wales do well, actually hope every home nation do well.
So that'll be two of the three then?

I should have put a :p there. so :p

I'm still seething and verge-of-tears over World Cup qualifying a few years back when you beat us. Plus a general dislike of Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey. To be perfectly honest, I'll hardly be unhappy if they do well. Especially if it means they get something against England but still both go through.

It was more the incredulity, that I couldn't possibly dislike them because they're "the most likeable".

It probably stems from the matches I already mentioned. Particularly in Cardiff. Watched Ramsey chip away at the referee for 90 minutes (hardly the most heinous or rare crime, but he was the one that stuck out). Bale dived to win the penalty that got them level, and then showed his quality to larrup one in from distance just as I was saying to my friend "they're celebrating this like it's a wi...". Other than that, don't think I've seen anything that makes them more or less likeable than your average footballer. So I'll go to bitter reasons instead.

• 1 month later...
It was more the incredulity, that I couldn't possibly dislike them because they're "the most likeable".

It probably stems from the matches I already mentioned. Particularly in Cardiff. Watched Ramsey chip away at the referee for 90 minutes (hardly the most heinous or rare crime, but he was the one that stuck out). Bale dived to win the penalty that got them level, and then showed his quality to larrup one in from distance just as I was saying to my friend "they're celebrating this like it's a wi...". Other than that, don't think I've seen anything that makes them more or less likeable than your average footballer. So I'll go to bitter reasons instead.

slightly late but we were also denied a 2nd goal in the game which would have ended it as a contest ;)

You must be playing us in the Quals soon, should be rubbing your hands, the sooner the better you can get that game for you guys!

That's kind of why I find all this ABE stuff cringeworthy. One, I'd imagine it's an even more one-sided rivalry than England/Germany, in that one side cares a hell of a lot more than the other. Two, we can only dream of making the second round of a tournament (we'd have to make it to one at all first), and three, England are the quintessential qualifying team. The hand-wringing will begin (has begun), a new manager will come in, and come November in Wembley, they will tear strips off a Scotland side who are probably playing for snookers. I'd love to think that this means that somehow England will be weaker, and that we stand a chance of going toe-to-toe in the groups, but let's remember that two years ago they had a worse tournament than this. What happened next? 10 wins out of 10. Wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again before disappointing in Russia.

But still, at least we can put out loads of kerr-azy Iceland puns :rolleyes:

England under a manager with different ideas and a plan will destroy Scotland who of course will be doing what Roy does so well, play the rep players rather than the form ones

wee Gord will make a joke about it after the game and get a standing ovation from the fans though :thup:

England under a manager with different ideas and a plan will destroy Scotland who of course will be doing what Roy does so well, play the rep players rather than the form ones

wee Gord will make a joke about it after the game and get a standing ovation from the fans though :thup:

It won't even be that complex. There won't be any changes on the England side. Roughly the same squad will play, and roughly the same squad will win. Then they'll probably win the remaining 9 games too.

The only positive from this is that there's now a blueprint for every country to follow on how to get something out of this England side. Providing there's no big changes in how they're going to play.

Archived