[CM2] Alan Shearer signs for Newcastle United for 15M

RTG

Newcastle United have stunned the world of football by signing Blackburn Rovers striker Alan Shearer for 15 Million.....

Newcastle have today smashed the world record transfer fee by signing Euro 96 top goalscorer Alan Shearer, Shearer who many thought was Manchester United bound has joined his boyhood heroes on tyneside and will no doubt be looking to win trophies at the club that just missed out on the championship last season. Shearer joins an already formidable forward lineup at the north east club with Les Ferdinand, Faustino Asprilla and Peter Beardsley already fighting it out to get into the starting eleven.

Newcastle who were top of the table on the 20th January 1996 being 12 points clear were favourites to win the title but let it slip to Manchester United, the team they open the 1996-1997 campaign against in the FA Charity Shield on the 18th of August.

Can Newcastle United finally capture the premier league title this time around with the acquisition of Alan Shearer?

Season #1

Squad

Fixtures

Financial information

Today Newcastle United will have a press conference to unveil their new 15 Million purchase, The current England number 9 who is sure to be called up to glenn hoddles england squad next week will give his first interview in front of the worlds press as a newcastle united player. Shearer is reported to be earning a staggering £50,000 per week before goal and appearance bonuses.

Alan Shearer

England squad

Newcastle United 1 Manchester United 6

we suffered a terrible start to the season with a 6-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester United in the charity shield, i was using this game to test a certain tactic and it really did backfire, either that or i guess fergie was really pissed off that he missed out on Alan Shearer.

things didnt get much better in the first game of the season as we went down 2-1 away to Coventry City with darren peacock grabbing a consolation goal for the magpies, things have improved though with a 2-1 home win against Sheff Wed, a 1-1 draw away to chelsea, and a 3-0 home win against tottenham where Alan Shearer grabbed his first goal for Newcastle.

fixtures

league table

Newcastle v Tottenham

finished season #1 as Champions :cool: finally bringing the premier league title to tyneside. I was pretty crap at this game at the time so this is major achievement for me ;)

League table

Tactic

league scorers

league assists

average ratings

annual awards

we will be playing in the Champions League next season so we will have to improve the squad, my priority is going to be a goalkeeper, left back, centre mid, right winger.

during the close season i tried to bring in Igor Stimac and Tim Flowers but unfortunately they chose to sign for Manchester United instead, other players we have actively pursued are Middlesbrough's Juninho, Matthew le tissier, Paul Gascoigne and Tony Adams but we have had no luck as of yet, the players we did manage to sign however are Steve Stone, Neil Sullivan, Vinny Jones, Fabien Barthez and last seasons division one top goalscorer Clive Mendonca, Neil Sullivan currently being the pick of those signings with the other 4 currently under performing.

squad

signings

overall performance

league table

Group D

My next FM Career will be Championship Manager 97/98 if anyone has any recommendation for which team to be? im thinking of doing a England road to france 98 and then Euro 2000 with the Euros coming up, also if anyone wants to see any specific screenshot of my current Newcastle CM2 game just let me know.

My time as Newcastle United manager has sadly come to an end, we won the league again in our second season and thrashed Leeds United 5-0 in the FA Cup final. our hopes of a first european cup win were sadly not to be as AC Milan put us out on away goals in the quarter finals.

We were able to bring in some quality during the season with the aquition of Romanian legend Gheorghe Hagi, Chris Bart-Williams and poached Fabrizio Ravanelli from our rivals middlesbrough. these signings really helped push us over the line as we were neck and neck with Aston Villa till the final 3 games. I continued till the Charity Shield where we played Aston Villa and won on penalties, i then decided to call it a day as Newcastle United manager having won two Premier League titles,1 FA Cup and 2 Charity Shields, I think the Newcastle fans would have been more than happy with that. The man Newcastle United decided to appoint and replace me with was non other than Kevin Keegan.

League Table

FA Cup final

My best eleven

Annual awards

Archived