Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
judicious

Board Confidence Update Issue

I'm currently managing Seongnam in the South Korean K-League and the club is in a bad financial position so in the latest transfer window the board decided to sell three of my best players without consulting me as the manager which I know can happen. However here's the really annoying part; at the next 'Board Confidence Update' I see the following:

However, your decision to let Yun Young-Sun leave the club is regarded by the fans to be a poor piece of business

This is extremely agitating as not only have the board sold the player against my wishes, I am now taking the blame for this and it is negatively affecting my confidence rating so this is surely wrong (is it a bug?). In a real-life scenario the fans would know when a player has been sold against the manager's wishes so this shouldn't happen in my opinion.

Similarly, when the player was sold most of the squad were unhappy and wanted to discuss this with me which again is fair enough, however in my response options there was no option to say that this sale was sanctioned by the board so again the manager taking the blame for a decision which was not his own.

Any thoughts?

Top trolling from the board there.

But seriously, clearly a bug. It should be reported that the fans are angry, but it shouldn't be added to the update on board confidence for you given you didn't cause it. You should also be allowed to tell the players so when they complain.

I'd raise it.

Once in the past, i have managed to reject an offer from the "transfers" screen in a same situation. Board didn't let me get involved in decision but i found the offer and rejected it.

I guess this is not something to do with responsibilities. It is not the director of football, it is the board. Isn't it?

The confidence bit is a bug, no doubt. The board shouldn't hold fans being upset for something they did against you if it's a business decision (which selling a player to alleviate financial trouble is).

Not 100% sure if fans know when a player is sold against the managers wishes. Sure, it does sometimes happen (Keegan/James Milner a reasonably well known example as are the two Forest players Newcastle signed a couple of years back) that it's well known in the media but quite often I imagine it's not. We don't really know in a large number of cases and I think it's reasonable for fans to be annoyed when a good player is sold, and reasonable still to blame they head coach - lord knows they get blamed for everything else.

Yes was definitely the board who sanctioned the transfer.

Interesting that you were able to do this, the first I was aware of the issue was when an e-mail popped up saying the transfer had been agreed as the amount offered was deemed too good to turn down etc.

Yes was definitely the board who sanctioned the transfer.

Interesting that you were able to do this, the first I was aware of the issue was when an e-mail popped up saying the transfer had been agreed as the amount offered was deemed to good to turn down etc.

This was years ago in one of the previous versions. You may not be able to do it in your situation but worth a look if it happens again. I agree with you. This is frustrating.

Please upload a save to the bugs forum, if you dn't do this the issue will likely be in next years game too

I'm not sure it is a bug as this could possibly happen in real life. Yes, its not your fault and its annoying. But the manager can still end up being blamed by the fans even though its was the board that really was responsible. Same when signings flop when it was really the board that signed them.

I'm not sure it is a bug as this could possibly happen in real life. Yes, its not your fault and its annoying. But the manager can still end up being blamed by the fans even though its was the board that really was responsible. Same when signings flop when it was really the board that signed them.

Essentially the board and the manager are sitting in the boardroom. They're knocking a trophy out of the trophy cabinet, breaking it, and then saying "Why did you break that, Mr Manager?"

It's a bug, or at least a gap in functionality.

There is a somewhat similar issue with future transfers already in place at the start of the game - if the fans aren't happy with a player being sold, it hurts the board's confidence in you even if you had no control over the transfer :(