Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejay

Can the tactic masters please explain this to me?

I would like to see which TI instructs player not to take risky passes. I don't know what PKM is but like I said I've encountered same problems with my game and basing on what I've seen on OP screenshots I did my few cents. I am by no means FM expert, just football fan watching a lot of real life matches and I do believe that player shouldn't need specific instructions nor proffered moves to make simple pass for forward who sits on shoulder / making forward runs. Of course not every time but in FM2016 amount of passes distributed to fullbacks is just ridiculous.

I would like to see which TI instructs player not to take risky passes. I don't know what PKM is but like I said I've encountered same problems with my game and basing on what I've seen on OP screenshots I did my few cents. I am by no means FM expert, just football fan watching a lot of real life matches and I do believe that player shouldn't need specific instructions nor proffered moves to make simple pass for forward who sits on shoulder / making forward runs. Of course not every time but in FM2016 amount of passes distributed to fullbacks is just ridiculous.

Yes fullbacks are also always in the top 10 ratings wise , half of my top 10 are fullbacks, so the ai has a similar issue.

Its clear the the me has issues with defending wide and wide forwards come narrow too quickly, leaving the fbs always open which contributes to their high rating.

I managed to improve the situation somewhat by playing without retain possession, fluid mentality and more disciplined shout and standard mentality and one or both ifs on attack mentality.

It improves their movement in attack somewhat without sacrificing too much of control in the buildup phase, the ifs do not track back constantly on attack , but I didn't manage to do better.

On support the ifs do not really move how i like them to move in combination with a false nine.

I would like to see which TI instructs player not to take risky passes.

Retain Possession.

Please don't post rubbish when that's not how the game works.

can i say this is an offensive reply? ? Can i say this is impolite replay without any respect.

I have watched the PKM from op. I also try to have a test in my save with a similar setup as OP's one and some of the suggestion as above replies mentioned. Actually I did not see any big improvement. So I just raise my comments. May be only game coder or ME programmer can raise their comments

You guys never found that winger or wb or fb always has so many touch when comparing with real situation and has the best rating in the league no matter what formation AI or player use?

can i say this is an offensive reply? ? Can i say this is impolite replay without any respect.

I have watched the PKM from op. I also try to have a test in my save with a similar setup as OP's one and some of the suggestion as above replies mentioned. Actually I did not see any big improvement. So I just raise my comments. May be only game coder or ME programmer can raise their comments

You guys never found that winger or wb or fb always has so many touch when comparing with real situation and has the best rating in the league no matter what formation AI or player use?

I don't think anyone here is saying the ME is perfect or doesn't have issues, people have just been trying to point out that the OP is trying to achieve something with certain roles and TI's that perhaps won't allow the end result he is looking for. So rather than getting frustrated that an IF doesn't move in a certain way, to try to use different TI's, or different roles, or whatever different combinations have been mentioned, to achieve the end result.

The overwhelming feedback has been that IF's on support, with TI's encouraging low risk passing won't lead to through balls to wide forwards who are breaking through the defensive line. It isn't a case of Pro ME vs anti ME, it's simply a case of trying to help the OP create a particular outcome. The frustration has come because people are trying to suggest perfectly valid ways to assist the OP, but as the OP has been fairly rigidly committed to using a particular combination of shouts and roles, it's become frustrating for people looking to help as it's been too often bordering on criticism of the ME veiled as a request for help, rather than someone who's open to the thoughts and ideas of others.

I don't think anyone here is saying the ME is perfect or doesn't have issues, people have just been trying to point out that the OP is trying to achieve something with certain roles and TI's that perhaps won't allow the end result he is looking for. So rather than getting frustrated that an IF doesn't move in a certain way, to try to use different TI's, or different roles, or whatever different combinations have been mentioned, to achieve the end result.

The overwhelming feedback has been that IF's on support, with TI's encouraging low risk passing won't lead to through balls to wide forwards who are breaking through the defensive line. It isn't a case of Pro ME vs anti ME, it's simply a case of trying to help the OP create a particular outcome. The frustration has come because people are trying to suggest perfectly valid ways to assist the OP, but as the OP has been fairly rigidly committed to using a particular combination of shouts and roles, it's become frustrating for people looking to help as it's been too often bordering on criticism of the ME veiled as a request for help, rather than someone who's open to the thoughts and ideas of others.

Where have I been rigid? I have listed several times which changes I have made based on suggestions from this thread and even posted pkms with the results and screenshots.