Board takeover

I know board takeovers can take forever but I'm in the middle of something ridiculous. The takeover has been going on for 3-4 months at least and there hasn't been an update from the chairman telling me what's going on and there hasn't been a news item on it (i.e. takeover on the rocks, new owners don't have the funds etc.). I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues with this years game and whether there is a glitch problem.

Also, whats the longest you've been under a transfer embargo due to a takeover attempt?

I just missed an entire transfer window because of it. Lucky I had 4-5 transfers already organised prior to the takeover attempt which meant I was able to cover some of the jump as we gained promotion in the previous season.

They can be very long winded affairs - I've had one once that took the majority of the season to complete. Had messages at the beginning and then nothing at all for months, followed by a few months of back and forth of talks progressing well and then breaking down again. Then the takeover went through and I was promptly sacked in favour of a new manager! Can be so frustrating - I'd certainly be keeping my eyes on the Job list if I were you in case you decide to jump before you're pushed! ;-)

I'm sort of having one at Middlesbrough season 21/22 , came up in news feed as rumours of a possible consortium takeover , I look on club screen and it says "in process of a board takeover" but I have had no transfer imbargo put in place or anything so I don't know if I am or not!

I've had very long ones in the past but got a nice surprise the other day on my Orient save (I'm just starting the 2021/22 season) where I got put under a transfer embargo just as the transfer window was opening. This was massively annoying but thankfully 2 days later the bidder pulled out so I could start signing people. One annoying thing though was missing out on Dominic Solanke (who is an absolute monster on my save) for £5m but I guess I can't have everything.

• 3 months later...

I'm currently experiencing something similar. Berlusconi retired midway through a board takeover and nothing has happened for close to six weeks, including no media updates. I'm close to the start of the season and so far I've been unable to make any signings. I'm wondering whether this is bugged and the game doesn't realise that I need a takeover to happen.

The takeover ended with no resolution, so I was able to buy players. I had a couple of big deals tied up and the day before the players accepted, we were under another embargo, meaning that my two potential big signings fell through.

This really shouldn't be happening, it has potentially ruined my save. Well done SI.

My total 4 attempted signings have fallen through, days before the end of the transfer window. The club has been taken over but the chairman hasn't decided if I should stay or go, so I am unable to sign players still. As it stands I have made no signings in this window.

This game is meant to be fun.....

On 12/08/2016 at 00:17, ajw10 said:

I'm currently experiencing something similar. Berlusconi retired midway through a board takeover and nothing has happened for close to six weeks, including no media updates. I'm close to the start of the season and so far I've been unable to make any signings. I'm wondering whether this is bugged and the game doesn't realise that I need a takeover to happen.

The takeover ended with no resolution, so I was able to buy players. I had a couple of big deals tied up and the day before the players accepted, we were under another embargo, meaning that my two potential big signings fell through.

This really shouldn't be happening, it has potentially ruined my save. Well done SI.

My total 4 attempted signings have fallen through, days before the end of the transfer window. The club has been taken over but the chairman hasn't decided if I should stay or go, so I am unable to sign players still. As it stands I have made no signings in this window.

This game is meant to be fun.....

It'll a bug  & one I thought might happen when I came across the issue of Silvio while selling his stake in Ac Milan a few months ago, provided a few save files for SI to work from & thankfully in my case the takeover did go through so there were no long term knock-ons 

Archived