Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
zigaliro

Impossible to win away matches?

Why are away matches so much harder? I`m managing Barcelona and I can`t even win away against the bottom of the table Last Palmas.... But I won almost all home games... Any advice on how to deal with away matches?

The most likely explanation is your tactics. Away from home, teams are more likely to try and attack you and exploit space you're leaving - two things people often do badly are using too high a defensive line and having no truly defensive role in midfield.

The most likely explanation is your tactics. Away from home, teams are more likely to try and attack you and exploit space you're leaving - two things people often do badly are using too high a defensive line and having no truly defensive role in midfield.

Alright, I`ll play more defensively away from home, thanks for help.

Away matches are a joke.... yet again I lose against bottom of the table team even tho i lowered defensive line and i added 1 more defensive role to midfield -_- idk why we just cant win away but we do great at home... my players become so bad away from home.

Tactics forum, please. You obviously have problems when teams (in general, anyway) are slightly more adventurous.