FMS Awards 2016 (Hall of Fame Preliminary Round Voting)

mark wilson27

Right lads I know its going to be awhile before we even look at the awards properly with the date for the FMS Awards 2016 set for Sunday October 9th, or around that date.

This voting here is to shorten the list of eligible Writers and Stories for the FMS Hall of Fame..

The voting deadline will be Midnight (GMT) May 1st 2016. Votes to be sent to awardsfms@gmail.com and claim your vote here

You are not required to vote for anyone or any story.

Please use the form posted further down the thread

Four writers are ineligible for this award and they are:-

flipsix3 (2010)

tenthreeleader (2011)

Raptor (2009)

Peacemaker (????)

Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria

a) Only completed stories can be considered for entry to the Hall of Fame.

b) Only stories which have been nominated for a major awards or have won a minor award in any year, can be considered for entry to the Hall of Fame.

c) A story must receive 20% of the vote in the first round ballot to be considered for the second round ballot.

d) To be elected to the Hall of Fame on the second round ballot, any story must receive a two thirds majority of the total number of people registered, who voted in the 2nd round, regardless of whether they vote for the Hall of Fame nominee or not. This means abstaining is not allowed (unless the story being voted on is your own).

e) A person cannot nominate or vote for their own stories for the Hall of Fame.

f) A person can only nominate UP TO THREE stories to the HoF at the first round ballot stage in any given year. Furthermore, a person may only vote for up to three stories that have reached the second round ballot. A Person may also vote a maximum of up to three writers at the first round ballot stage, and again up to three from those who reach the second round ballot. (You may, of course, nominate/vote for less than three.)

g) Only two stories per year can be elected to Hall of Fame. There is no limit on the number of years in which a story can be nominated for Hall of Fame election.

Writers Hall of Fame Criteria

h) The same criteria apply for the nomination of writers save for one variation at (b). To be nominated for Hall of Fame election, a writer must have been nominated for a major award (Writer of the Year or FMSer of the Year) or won Funniest Writer of the Year in a previous awards year

tenthreeleader / Gavrenwick If I have missed anything or made a mistake anywhere please let me know

Writers Hall of Fame (Members eligible)

mark wilson27

Simon F

BobBev

Terk

Faramir

Amaroq

copperhorse21

Spav

HD

Brian of Nazareth

BenArsenal

gavrenwick

Offspring08

Elrithral

SCIAG

Balthazars

Makonnen

Story Hall of Fame (Stories eligible)

Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)

Down and Out in South Africa (FMS World Cup - Signup) (Celtic_1967)

Another Night In Istanbul (CFuller)

Welcome to Romford (CFuller)

Employee of the Month (chesterfan2)

Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21)

An American Pilgrimage (vbulletin edition) "Book One of The Copper Horse Tails" (copperhorse21)

A Spartan Existence "Book Two of the Copper Horse Tails" (copperhorse21)

Inheritance (copperhorse21)

Rising from the Ashes: A Copper Horse Short Story (copperhorse21)

Don't Look Bac in Anger... (displaced_seagull)

Build a Bonfire - Scare a Rook (displaced_seagull)

Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)

Reviving the Legend *repost* (Donners)

Fee Fife Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood... (Faramir)

Scottish Reprise- Return to East Stirling (Faramir)

Short Story- A Christmas Story (Faramir)

The Bet (Faramir)

Delusions of Grandeur (Faramir)

Another Harrowing Misadventure (Ages Challenge) (Faramir)

The FMS Musical v2. (gavrenwick)

The First Lady of Football (gavrenwick)

Euro 2020 - a nation expects... (A short[ish!] story) (Glamdring)

The Night After Transfers (HD)

Why We Shouldn't Let Deities Decide How To Run Football (HD)

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Norway. Home of the Vikings, Christmas, and the 2012 European Championships (Juni)

Forze La Panda! [5m1w: Terry Langford] (Makonnen)

A Conquering Lion [5m1w: Tadesse Makonnen] (Makonnen)

No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management (mark wilson27)

Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS (mark wilson27)

Thank **** the Wolly with the Brolly Has Gone (mark wilson27)

Fifteen to One - A quest to be the best (mark wilson27)

A Tale of Two Brothers (Offspring08)

The seven deadly sins (Short) (Panpardus)

-The-True-Story-of-a-Footballing-Legend. (Peacemaker07)

Bringing up Baby - A Different Approach to the Lisbon Lions Challenge (Peacemaker07)

Saxemara? Damn, I Thought You Said Sexy Mama! (Peacemaker07)

To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker07)

Dawsons Creaky Leg (Richey)

Call of Sport 2205: World at War (SCIAG)

-Luton-Town-Staring-into-the-Abyss (ScottLeeSV)

The Unbeaten Run Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan (Spav)

”I Done Brought Myself Olympiakos” (FMS Characters) (Spav)

It Was Just One of Those Weeks (Spav)

-One-for-sorrow-two-for-joy.-A-tale-of-the-Magpies. (STFCDP_1990)

-American-Calcio-Padova-FM-2008-*repost* (tenthreeleader)

Till Derby Do Us Part (short story) (tenthreeleader)

-All-Sorted-for-E-s-and-Whizz (Terk)

The Armband (Wimb The Barman)

-Memoires-d-Afrique (-Xenon-)

-Sacred-Victory (-Xenon-)

Mark, compiling that list must have taken a very long time! It's an impressive list of work and I appreciate all the time you spent compiling it.

On a separate note, are we nominating stories or writers? I thought in the past we voted for writers instead of their stories? However, maybe we voted for both? IF that was the case, do you need to clarify that in your initial post under the section of Hall Of Fame Nomination Criteria?

Cheers copper it took awhile but will save me time in future years when the awards process comes round again. In this round we will be voting for both writer and story. You can nominate up to three people/stories

Good work Mark. That's what we made you mod for. :p

Will suss through the list and send you my nominations in a bit.

P.S. I'm amused that I'm eligible alongside all these great people. Highly unlikely anyone will vote for me though. :D

Right lads the voting has ben closed and counted. The following people and stories have progressed to the final round voting later in the year after receiving 20% or more of the voting.

Congratulations to those of you that have stories and have personally progressed into the next round

Writers Hall of Fame Nominee's:

Faramir

Amaroq

mark wilson27

BobBev

gavrenwick

Terk

copperhorse21

Story Hall of Fame Nominee's:

Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)

An American Pilgrimage (vbulletin edition) "Book One of The Copper Horse Tails" (copperhorse21)

Scottish Reprise- Return to East Stirling (Faramir)

The FMS Musical v2. (gavrenwick)

The First Lady of Football (gavrenwick)

Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS (mark wilson27)

The True Story of a Footballing Legend. (Peacemaker07)

Bringing up Baby - A Different Approach to the Lisbon Lions Challenge (Peacemaker07)

American Calcio Padova FM 2008 *repost* (tenthreeleader)

Again congratulations to all that have progressed. Feel free to have a read through the stories at your leisure to see if you think they will be worthy of becoming the first story or stories to enter the Hall of Fame

Terk, you might need to hire Trump's Campaign Manager to aid your cause. The "miracles" being done via that campaign might serve as inspiration for your own campaign. You might want to consider some of the same strategies for your own assuming you can't afford to hire the actual campaign manager for your own bid...

I'm surprised, but heartened to be running against you. Maybe you can start the smear campaign against me by commenting on my disgusting eating habits?

Archived