Sports Interactive Community
DaveMUFC

Promoted Championship Team Budgets

Just wondering if anyone knows how much each of the teams in the championship get when they get promotion to the premier league? More specifically Fulham and Brighton, although any other teams who get a sizable budget would be great aswell.

That would change depending on finance changes during the season... it can vary massively.

Yeah, thats understandable, but in general, considering no takeovers, and not taking into account player sales etc. there must be a general 'health' of finances which would indicate if a team would get a larger budget or very little etc.

Fulhams finances are listed as Rich originally, so just wondering if this could mean they would get a reasonable budget? And teams with debt or Okay finances might not do?

Yeah, I think you can take their starting budget as a good indicator... but then you have to take into account finishing position in the championship, type and personality of the chairman who may or may not pump in cash for the prem, expectations, current squad strengths etc.

Pretty hard to predict.. I can tell you in previous Fulham saves, i've always ended up with a decent budget of say 20mil when getting to the Prem. Leeds i get around £10 million but they tend to get a board change during first season on mine. Derby's budget is probably the biggest I've seen, usually pretty huge.

It's very different. I saw someone playing with Sheffield Wednesday getting promoted and got £27 million.

In my Wednesday save, I won the Championship and the FA Cup and only received £9 million upon promotion.

Okay, thanks guys, guess its a shame, but as long as I pick a team with quite reasonable finances, I should be okay as long as I don't get too reckless with my finances during the season. Mainly due to thinking of starting with Fulham, but due to the embargo, if you manage promotion in the first season things could be interesting if you get a good amount of money to play around with...

Seems consistently around £20m - £25m for me, I think if you have a low wage bill you'll always get a lot regardless of current finances because you'll make £40m profit thanks to the TV deal. I got promoted with Peterborough, who probably have the lowest revenues aside from the TV deal of almost any team in League 1 or the Championship thanks to a tiny stadium, and I got £24m whilst I was £5m in the red. I spent it all in upfront fees and I'm already £20m in the black by January!

I was only given a budget of 15 million and that was for a top half finish objective. I had to sell a big portion of my Championship squad to raise funds. Every transfer I did was a small initial fee with the rest of the fee being over 24 month installments, which helped me out with my budget massively. I was Cardiff mind, so I can hardly expect the mad Malaysian dictator Vincent Tan to be generous!