Sports Interactive Community

Wondering how often other people rest their players if it's games every 3 days. How much does resting a player affect their training? I'm guessing if you rest them too often it could affect it a lot?

If by "resting" you mean not selecting them for a match - that is taken care of by not selecting any player that is below 91% constitution for any match - if I can help it, and by selecting the players with the least amount of match starts in matches that counts little ... like league cup matches. Or for league/CL matches when we're already qualified for the next round. Etc. I also select the second or third choice players in matches where I'm "sure" (very good odds) to win.

I have never been forced to rest jaded players (resting meaning rest from both matches and training) during a season, because of this simple yet effective rotating policy. I also avoid severe unhappiness from not getting to play enough matches; most of my players are happy with their amount of match starts, most of the time.

It does require that your second choice players are not miles away from your first choice players in quality, however, and therefore such a scheme is more suitable for clubs that are big ... enough.

I take great care about giving players that have participated in international tournaments extended holidays after. And if they come back with still that orange "rst" tag, I give them another week of holiday. Ignoring this will only make the issues more severe later on.

He means rest 1-3 days from training. As a LLM with lots of youth players with low stamina and a squad too small to rotate much, I do it all the time. If they're on c.85% condition with 3 days to go, I'll rest one day; if they're on 80% I'll rest 2 days and if they're on 75% I'll rest 3 days.

Given that most of the player's development comes from playing matches rather than training, it's better to rest and play than train and not play. My players develop just fine.

I never start anyone who isn't at least match fit. If they are tired they don't get a starting XI place. If they are lacking match fitness then its U21s until they get fit.