Unable to get a Parent Club

Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously, I've searched but unable to see a thread of a similar kind.

I'm 5 years into a save with Grimsby Town and I've never been able to get a parent club. Every time the option to request one becomes available, I make the request and the board are happy to search for one. However they always return a few days later saying that after extensive searching they've been unable to find a suitable club to form a partnership with. It's starting to get a little frustrating now as I can't come up with a logical explanation for this. I'm overachieving in the Championship, so I feel comfortable ruling out being in a poor league etc.

Does anybody know how the game searches for clubs to form a partnership with? What could determine my board's inability to find a 'suitable club'?

I am no expert on this but perhaps the issue now is that you are in the championship division. so really the only teams that could be a parent club are teams in the top division and they generally already have plenty affiliates. just a guess. plus at what time of the season are you asking? I always tend to have better luck if its before start of season

If you can build up good training or youth facilities, some clubs might be interested. Also, if you are doing well in the championship, then you are likely to make it to the premiership soon, so no club from your nation might be interested.

Archived