Sports Interactive Community
animal31

FM15 Grey Players are too good

In my database I removed every player from the game, and added some of my own

the problem right now is that teams without players dominate teams with players, while teams with players are balanced to each other. How do I stop that from happening?

Its really jarring when one of the supposedly best teams in the world is getting beaten 7-0 in a pre-season game against a team that's not even in a league yet

What is the strength of Grey Players tied to?

I assume that club reputation, and the reputation of the nation the club is based in might have something to do with it. You could try lowering the other reputations and seeing if that makes a difference. It's all generated by the game so there's not really an easy way of influencing it

I'm pretty sure it's club and nation reputation that matters. I mostly play obscure leagues where a lot of players are missing so I need to add players to playable teams which means I've studied this for some time. Additionally you need to adjust your players to match club and nation reputation.

I set all nations to 1 reputation, And I compared a 9000 team to a 250 team and the 250 team had grey players with 8 in all attributes

I'm not sure. In all my saves grey players are clearly beaten by teams with players from the database. Anecdotal evidence from single matches isn't that valuable. Check league tables for a more thorough test. For me that's always shown the few teams full of non-grey players at the top of the table and the grey teams at the bottom. I would also check the quality of the created players since it must be way too low. I see a reference to rating 8 in attributes but that's low. The created players would surely have much higher than that on average. Furthermore there will always be some half-decent players from every country.