Is there a way to get Gibraltar the nation into the world rankings/world cup?

OscarGarcia

I've never used the editor before so although this sounds like an editor question it sorta isn't because I wont be touching the thing if the answer is no.

So is it possible?

If it IS possible how do I go about doing it? I wanna do a Gib challenge but with no WC it doesn't feel as good.

If it is possible, it's very difficult. Will involve completely rebuilding the entirety of International football. I tried it, and got it working for one iteration of the tournament, but after that they stopped getting rescheduled.

If you want to, a quicker way is to make any European FIFA-member nation non-FIFA through the editor, like San Marino, and then make Gibraltar a FIFA nation. I'm pretty sure that works, at least.

It doesn't. Gibraltar are hard-coded to not be involved in World Cup Qualifying, hence the need to rebuild.

I think that the way to do it, is to completely edit another european nation as Gibraltar, like change name of country, cities and stuff. And them edit this other nation in the place of the original Gibraltar.

But it will take a lot of effort to make all the changes without mistakes.

It doesn't. Gibraltar are hard-coded to not be involved in World Cup Qualifying, hence the need to rebuild.

If you make Gibraltar a FIFA Member and remove San Marino as a FIFA member, Gibraltar WILL participate in the world cup qualifiers. I have holidayed the game and Gibraltar participate in the qualifiers in 2021 and 2025. i havent tested further. There is no hard coding to stop this

If you make Gibraltar a FIFA Member and remove San Marino as a FIFA member, Gibraltar WILL participate in the world cup qualifiers. I have holidayed the game and Gibraltar participate in the qualifiers in 2021 and 2025. i havent tested further. There is no hard coding to stop this

Interesting great news if true will do this to my file and check.

hey cel1234. was meaning to tell you this. i done this test with your file. i also added the alternative stadium to nations league and world cup qualifiers

Thanks mate that is good news will do it to my file and update my file

Interesting. If so, I stand corrected. I tried pretty extensively on FM15 to do it, and it didn't work there (perhaps coded differently between 15 and 16). Good news if it does work now.

Archived