Advanced rules FM 2016 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

Just load the DB(do not load your editor data), then choose to create nation rules for England using current rules(add lower division to current league system), don't edit anything then convert it to advanced rules.

From here you will be able to see how the English U21s/U18s are set up.

PS Scotland by default uses the EPPP for the U20s, with group 1 being the highest ranked EPPP teams, and groups 2 and 3 being regional groups for the rest of the teams.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just load the DB(do not load your editor data), then choose to create nation rules for England using current rules(add lower division to current league system), don't edit anything then convert it to advanced rules.

From here you will be able to see how the English U21s/U18s are set up.

PS Scotland by default uses the EPPP for the U20s, with group 1 being the highest ranked EPPP teams, and groups 2 and 3 being regional groups for the rest of the teams.

Thanks but how do you create the XML Eng_u21_0 ect

is it like this

# Category 1

"STARTING_EPPP_CATEGORY" "Linfield" "1"

or the same as the XML for uploading graphics

It will use whichever teams have the highest youth ratings.

You CAN make files which set which teams it will pick for the first season using a file like that, but honestly, it's a waste of time since it will even itself out in the second season, replacing those teams with whoever has the best youth rating. Your best bet is just to make sure the teams you want in each category have the best youth ratings.

I have a setup with 3 divisions, the MLS then the 2nd and 3rd American Divisions set up and working fine with promotion and relegation between all 3. I've added a 4 conference group below the 3rd division using the NPSL, with a playoff incorporating the top 3 teams from each conference, the top 5 being promoted. This works well and the teams go into the third and down from the third division into the NPSL.

I use the same setup for another division below the NPSL, the USL Premier Development division, which has 10 conferences, with 1 team going from each conference into the promotion playoff, with 5 teams being promoted (all conferences in the NPSL have 1 relegated team except one because it's larger so that one relegates 2 teams). Except when I run the test for the USL, I get the following message at the end of 2015(which I do not get from running the NPSL), "Promoted and Relegated Teams do not match up for National Premier Soccer League (5 relegated) and USL Premier Development League (0 Promoted) (extra teams requested = 0)".

What do I need to do to fix this? I'm confused since the setup works for one division and the exact same setup fails for another division. I'm fairly skilled at the editor, but there are so many advanced options that it can be hard to interpret what needs to work (I spent at least 5 hours just figuring out the NPSL). Is there some comprehensive guide to the advanced editor?

I'm having some issues with getting a correct knockout stage draw for my knockout Copa America tournament

Right now I have the 'indices for next stage' option (or whatever its called) within the first knockout stage set up as such

(team # - Stage Name - pos)

0 - Group A - 0

1 - Group A - 1

2 - Group B - 0

3 - Group B - 1

4 - Group C - 0

5 - Group C - 1

6 - Group D - 0

7 - Group D - 1

Then when I go to cup mappings I have the following

(match # - home team - away team)

0 - Team 0 (A1) - Team 3 (B2)

1 - Team 2 (B1) - Team 1 (A2)

3 - Team 4 (C1) - Team 7 (D2)

4 - Team 6 (D1) - Team 5 (C2)

However, when the draw actually happens, the rules aren't followed and it is just a random draw. I have at least avoided the same group issue by setting the 'don't draw teams from same group' rule, but it is completely random from that point on what groups play each other and what group positions they are in. As such I guess my questions are

1) Is there anything wrong in my setup?

2) Right now I have the first part set up within the first knockout stage, since there isn't a similar option within the group stage settings (which is slightly ambiguous to me since the option is for the 'next round'). Should that option exist within the group stage rules?

3) If at the end of the day I really don't care which groups play each other (ie I'd be fine with 1A/2B, 1B/2D, 1C/2A, 1D/2C or something), is there a way for me to set that up in the fixed draw rules? The only option I see is 'don't draw same seedings together', but does that apply to the initial seeds used to draw the groups or the standings at the end of the group stage?

I managed to have a workaround in the last problem, but it seems it's the editor being bugged. The promotion/relegation works perfectly in game, but not in the editor tests.

Separate issue though. I used 7 divisions below the MLS as stated before without creating new leagues. I have no problem with registration rules, but when playing there is no registration option for any of the added divisions below the MLS. I tested the MLS and it works there, but every division below does not give me the option to register my players. Any thoughts on how to fix this? It's a pretty serious problem that makes the otherwise working perfectly game unplayable.

It is almost always because you have multiple stages, but the rankings aren't set properly.

For instance, you have a group stage followed by a playoff, but you haven't set up the rankings in the group stage properly, so that teams in the group stage are being ranked 1st to 4th, but this is causing the game confusion, since teams in a group stage are obviously going through to the next round, not finishing 1st or 2nd, and the teams in the 3rd and 4th in the group are definitely not going to be considered 3rd and 4th place.

An example for 2 groups of 4:

Final winner: 1st

Final loser: 2nd

Semi-final losers: 3rd

3rd placed group teams: 4th

4th placed group teams: 5th

Another thing to keep in mind when setting rankings: In the ranking section, 1st place is rank 0, 2nd place is rank 1, 3rd place is rank 2 etc.

EDIT: I should also note that any team who advances should have a rank of the maximum available in the next round/stage they enter, but with a min/max rank setting, with the min setting being the lowest rank they can achieve, with the max being the highest rank they can still get.

Example:

Using the previous example, the teams in the group stage would have the following rankings:

1st: current rank: 0 max rank: 0 min rank 2

2nd: current rank: 0 max rank: 0 min rank 2

3rd: current rank: 3

4th: current rank: 4

It is almost always because you have multiple stages, but the rankings aren't set properly.

For instance, you have a group stage followed by a playoff, but you haven't set up the rankings in the group stage properly, so that teams in the group stage are being ranked 1st to 4th, but this is causing the game confusion, since teams in a group stage are obviously going through to the next round, not finishing 1st or 2nd, and the teams in the 3rd and 4th in the group are definitely not going to be considered 3rd and 4th place.

An example for 2 groups of 4:

Final winner: 1st

Final loser: 2nd

Semi-final losers: 3rd

3rd placed group teams: 4th

4th placed group teams: 5th

Another thing to keep in mind when setting rankings: In the ranking section, 1st place is rank 0, 2nd place is rank 1, 3rd place is rank 2 etc.

EDIT: I should also note that any team who advances should have a rank of the maximum available in the next round/stage they enter, but with a min/max rank setting, with the min setting being the lowest rank they can achieve, with the max being the highest rank they can still get.

Example:

Using the previous example, the teams in the group stage would have the following rankings:

1st: current rank: 0 max rank: 0 min rank 2

2nd: current rank: 0 max rank: 0 min rank 2

3rd: current rank: 3

4th: current rank: 4

So is it correct to assign qualified teams in a league where eight teams move on to a playoff a max value of 0 and a min value of 7? Should the current ranking be left alone? Additionally, do any ranking levels need to be set within the playoff (cup) round sections so that the champion of the playoff is considered the competition winner?

I've got a bit of an issue with the Advanced Rules editor when editing youth leagues on a German league file.

I'm sorting my U19 leagues by local regions, and when I click add under local region it comes up as South-East (I think this is default) however when I try changing it to another region (ie Rhineland-Palatinate) it just stays on South-East. Any ideas on how to get them to change?

Rafa: The local region of a team is set by the based city. The only way to change it is to change the city.

atcdelay: No, because in the playoff there are going to be no teams with rank 7 or lower. The final winner will have rank 0, the loser rank 1, semi-final losers rank 2 and quarter final losers rank 3. The qualified teams would get rank 0, with min rank of 3, and the non qualified teams starting from 9th position would get rank 4, with one added for each position.

Generally, if the stage is where teams are champions, you don't need to set the settings for the stage because it generally defaults to making the winner as rank 0, second place rank 1 etc., but sometimes you do need to set it up yourself.

You'll need to use fate actions, setting it so that the final winner will also be declared champion in the league stage. It's pretty easy to figure out when you take a look.

Another thing to think about would be that you could leave the rankings alone, and set the playoff stage to use playoff rankings in stage flags. This will mean that the playoff is treated as a self-contained mini competition of sorts, but you as long as fate actions are set properly, the winner will still be declared champions. This way, rankings do no have to be set, as the league position will be used for ranking, but the history will still show the playoff winner as champion.

For either of those to work, you'll have to make sure the top team are champions box is activated and unchecked, as by default it is checked, even if inactive.

I want to change league structure from one season to another season. It seems like it is possible to change it with Advanced Rules but did not find a way.

Here is the structure i want to build.

1st division / 14 teams

2nd division / 14 teams

3rd division / 14 teams

lower div.

to

1st divison / 18 teams

2nd divison / 18 teams

rest will be down to lower division

Can anyone help me on this please?

Rafa: The local region of a team is set by the based city. The only way to change it is to change the city.

atcdelay: No, because in the playoff there are going to be no teams with rank 7 or lower. The final winner will have rank 0, the loser rank 1, semi-final losers rank 2 and quarter final losers rank 3. The qualified teams would get rank 0, with min rank of 3, and the non qualified teams starting from 9th position would get rank 4, with one added for each position.

Generally, if the stage is where teams are champions, you don't need to set the settings for the stage because it generally defaults to making the winner as rank 0, second place rank 1 etc., but sometimes you do need to set it up yourself.

You'll need to use fate actions, setting it so that the final winner will also be declared champion in the league stage. It's pretty easy to figure out when you take a look.

Another thing to think about would be that you could leave the rankings alone, and set the playoff stage to use playoff rankings in stage flags. This will mean that the playoff is treated as a self-contained mini competition of sorts, but you as long as fate actions are set properly, the winner will still be declared champions. This way, rankings do no have to be set, as the league position will be used for ranking, but the history will still show the playoff winner as champion.

For either of those to work, you'll have to make sure the top team are champions box is activated and unchecked, as by default it is checked, even if inactive.

Thank you for the response. Because of the absence of an editor manual, your advice is a time saver.

Trinitrotloen:

It can be done but is too difficult for me to properly explain. You have to have several iterations of each league with the proper checks for number of teams in the "valid years" section of the main competition panel. If you can work that panel out, along with the "extra promoted teams" feature, it can be done and will work.

For instance:

If you set up the Scottish Premier Division with several different versions, then go to the "valid years" and add an entry leaving everything except the maximum and minimum teams blank, then set the min/max teams to 14, it means this version of the league will only run when the league has 14 teams. Then lower down near the bottom of this section there's "number of extra lower division teams to be promoted", setting this to 4, will mean that in this particular version the game will expect 4 more teams to be promoted than relegated. You'll of course have to set this up yourself in the division below(unless this league below is inactive). After this you'll make another instance of this league with min/max teams set to 18, and the extra promoted teams set to 0.

Sadly, I do no believe it is possible to stop a league mid-game, so you will need to have a setup for the third division, too.

Only done basic edits before but trying to get into editing advanced rules also for future usage. As a practice I'm trying to replicate an Euro tournament and make it start during a midseason break of my choice. For a start not concerned about more advanced detail such as correct drawing of knock-outs or correct fixture lists. Stuff that works:

- The correct teams are picked (i.e. the ones qualified for Euro 2016)

- There are 6 groups of 4 with the right rules etc.

- The tournament is actually played out, hurray

Stuff that currently doesn't work:

- The venues are all the club's/National team's usually home venues. I'm assuming that additionally to this I've got to assign the stadiums to fixtures or stages somewhere:

PSkDTOp.jpg

- Assigning the groups doesn't work, they're all randomly picked even if I edit them as here, maybe the wrong place for this?

NJj5zkd.jpg

Cheers! :)

I've got a bit of an issue with the Advanced Rules editor when editing youth leagues on a German league file.

I'm sorting my U19 leagues by local regions, and when I click add under local region it comes up as South-East (I think this is default) however when I try changing it to another region (ie Rhineland-Palatinate) it just stays on South-East. Any ideas on how to get them to change?

This is most likely a bug and should be reported.

I'm playing around with the advanced rules for the first time in my life, so i might be asking something dumb. Forgive me.

I'm creating a new tree for the Netherlands.

In the 'reserve rules' i've added a third besides the 'reserves' and u21's; a u18. But it doesn't show up in the game. What am i doing wrong here?

If you set up the Scottish Premier Division with several different versions, then go to the "valid years" and add an entry leaving everything except the maximum and minimum teams blank, then set the min/max teams to 14, it means this version of the league will only run when the league has 14 teams. Then lower down near the bottom of this section there's "number of extra lower division teams to be promoted", setting this to 4, will mean that in this particular version the game will expect 4 more teams to be promoted than relegated. You'll of course have to set this up yourself in the division below(unless this league below is inactive). After this you'll make another instance of this league with min/max teams set to 18, and the extra promoted teams set to 0.

Thx for the answer @Dave Fairbairn. Im doing this for one of the Non-FIFA country.Has similar league structure with Scotland. one more Que.

you mentioned about another instance. is it new valid years entry or a duplicate league which has min/max teams of 18 ?

Is it possible to create a custom restriction with a .xml file?

I'll explain it:

I want to add a restriction (can only buy national players) to a club, but i guess it is hard coded right? So, does any one know how to do it?

Is it possible to create a custom restriction with a .xml file?

I'll explain it:

I want to add a restriction (can only buy national players) to a club, but i guess it is hard coded right? So, does any one know how to do it?

don't know how to do it, but i know the workaround. if you set the rule in competitions "0 foreign players allowed" clubs won't buy an y foreigners.

I'm trying to get FM16 to allow a B-Team to be promoted into the same league as the main team.

Basicly the way I want it to work is if the Main and B Team are in the same division, players are registered to one or the other at the start of the season and are not able to switch until the season is over.

I've tried everything I can think of to make this work in the advanced editor but still the B Team gets skipped over for promotion... Any ideas?

Hey guys,

Somebody could help me. I'm trying to change the competition rules changing the quantity of substitute players allowed (3 of 12) in major european leagues (ENG,SPA,FRA,HOL,POR) and UEFA club competitions.

I suppose that I follow all the steps, adding rules in each country, adding the rule to the country which UEFA competitions was added, start a new game with the edited files but the changes not appear, not work at game.

I'm desperate, almost one week trying and no solution for this.

I have replaced the MLS with a new top division. How do I make the top 3 teams from this new division qualify for the concacaf Champion's League instead (as well as the top team from the Open Cup, but if the open cup team is already qualified allow a 4th team to qualify)? I know everything is set up successfully besides this as I've done it before, but I can't figure out how to set this up without having to recreate the entire rules for the champion's league.

I'm creating a Continental Club competition, but I don't want to get the top teams from the domestic leagues, I want to get, say, the teams that finished 4th through 7th. How would I go about doing that?

I'm creating a Continental Club competition, but I don't want to get the top teams from the domestic leagues, I want to get, say, the teams that finished 4th through 7th. How would I go about doing that?

This is very good question indeed... I was always wondering how to add competitions below e.g. Champions League and Europa League without doing everything from scratch...Answer on this would be deeply appreciated

I am trying to create a competition (more like extra award) like the MLS Supporters' Shield. How would I go ahead and create a competition like that where it awards the top team in the regular season a trophy for finishing first.

This is probably a really simple issue to overcome, apologies in advance for this!

Basically, I've created a international competition using international rules across 4 years, kind of like an extended world cup with all 226 nations involved. The problem is, I want club football to run alongside it, as my competition fixtures are scheduled for international periods. However, club football essentially grinds to a halt as all players with their respective national teams are on international duty for 4 years, the duration of the tournament. Is there any way to work around this?

Probably quite an easy question, but when setting up a group stage how do I go about placing teams in specified groups rather than having it drawn at random? I don't want to regionalise or seed the draws, just purely place specific teams in specific groups, for example team A in Group B, and have these groups stay the same every year.

Probably quite an easy question, but when setting up a group stage how do I go about placing teams in specified groups rather than having it drawn at random? I don't want to regionalise or seed the draws, just purely place specific teams in specific groups, for example team A in Group B, and have these groups stay the same every year.

There is a field in the "GROUP SETTING" called, "GROUP TEAMS". All you have to do is tick the box that opens it and Add the specific teams and which group you want them drawn into. In the "Rules" drop down at the top I also select the "ASK COMPETITION FOR GROUPS", but I don't know if that's actually necessary.

There is a field in the "GROUP SETTING" called, "GROUP TEAMS". All you have to do is tick the box that opens it and Add the specific teams and which group you want them drawn into. In the "Rules" drop down at the top I also select the "ASK COMPETITION FOR GROUPS", but I don't know if that's actually necessary.

Thanks very much, works perfectly!

Archived