Advanced rules FM 2016 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

Does someone know an answer to my question? I want to forbid a club to promote to the second division because it is the amateur version of a main division's pro-club. I wouldn't mind if the club entered the 2nd division if it wouldn't change from semi-pro to full-pro. This is the structure:

1st Division (pro club is active in this division)

2nd Division (B-team is active in this divison)

3rd Division (Semi-Pro club often ends up in this division and has won the title before)

It's not an "always amateur" club but a "semi-pro" club so you''ll see my problem and it's pretty annoying. I want the club to be able to win the 3rd division title but not able to promote to the 2nd division and thus change from semi-pro to pro.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have seen that option somewhere (maybe in previous versions), but I really can't seem to find it in the FM2015 editor. Only the box "Cannot play in same division" when I'm in the Current Affiliations tab.

It needs to be set in Nation rules.

Division->"Selected division"->B/Reserve Teams not promoted if main team within 2 division levels above

This will no doubt be a simple box that I've checked but I'm unable to find what it is.

As you will see from the save game the league stage menu for the oberliga north playoff is duplicated which is something I've never had happen on previous German lower league edits that I've created. If you go to Oberliga-Bremen 2015/16 season & you will see the two paths to the same playoff round, edit file also uploaded & any help removing the cosmetic error would be appreciated.

Save Game

fmf file

Edit: Second question, I have created promotion/relegation playoffs between Regionalliga Southwest/Hessenliga/Baden-Wüttemberg/Rheinland-Phalz/Saar & Regionalliga Bayern/Bayernliga Nord/Bayernliga Süd, the minor issue is that in the league schedules the playoff rounds are listed in the Regionalliga division schedules but only appear in the Oberliga schedules once they have been drawn therefore I was wondering how I can get the post season playoffs to show in the schedule off the the lower level division?

hi,

i have recreated the Royal League (with Finland, Iceland and Faroes), starting with a group stage (6 teams from each nation, 4groups of 6, top 2 qualify for quarter finals), and i would like to draw it similar to the champions league group draw, with the highest ranked qualifiers (most coeff points) in pot 1, lowest in pot 6 etc.

i have managed to work it so that there is only one team from each nation in each group, but i cant seem to figure out a way of putting the teams into pots, therefore i keep getting 2 top-ranked clubs in the same group? See images:

?v=photos&cid=0CF4DBF6FE68742E&id=CF4DBF6FE68742E%21284&parId=root&parQt=allmyphotos&o=OneUp

?v=photos&cid=0CF4DBF6FE68742E&id=CF4DBF6FE68742E%21283&parId=root&parQt=allmyphotos&o=OneUp

thanks.

In real life, Spanish teams are able to use reserve team players in official matches at La Liga BBVA without having to register them. Teams like Barca and Real Madrid are able to use players from Barcelona B or Real Madrid Castilla without having to register them on the first team and they have to use numbers past 25. Examples of this include Sergi Samper and Marcos Llorente respectively.

In the game, you're able to use players from the reserve or the under-19 team as long as they are under 18 years old before january. This means that players like Samper, Gumbao or Llorente (all 20 year old at the start of the game) are unable to play for both the reserve and the main team in the same team as the ruling forces you to choose from one and the other.

Is there a way to edit this? Or atlest to extend the "under 18 year old at the start of next year" rule to 21 year old players?

I play the spanish version of the game so please forgive me if i use a different terminology as in the english version. If there's any confusion in the way i present this problem please ask me back. Also, it is my first time in this subforum so i'm sorry if im posting this in the wrong thread.

Thanks in advance.

In the advanced editor, where can i pick whether or where the option is to delay/reschedule a game if there are too many international call up/clashes?

i just cant see it.

anyone help?

For a cup round you can define a backup date. For a league game you could use the "do not play on intern. match days" for auto postponed matches.

For a cup round you can define a backup date. For a league game you could use the "do not play on intern. match days" for auto postponed matches.

Any idea where i should be looking, i can see which dropdown it falls under.. (waay too many leagues in my db)

I'm trying out something really easy in theory, and i'm feeling very stupid that I have not been able to do so. i am trying to change the Gold Cup so that the qualifier never happens and instead an extra team has direct access. I've been able to disable the qualifier, remove the stages form the Caribbean and centroamericana, but no matter what I do, the team i want never gets selected. Can anyone point me in the right direction or quickly cook up the right specs for this to happen? you can make any team enter, i can always change it to the correct one :) thank you.

The Maltese top tier has a frankly bizarre system wherein two round-robin rounds are played, after which the points are divided in half. Is there a way this can be represented using Advanced Rules?

Additionally, in this fair isle of ours, only a handful of clubs have their own stadium and therefore matches are played in different stadiums according to the competition. I.e., top tier games are played in 3 stadium, second tier matches shared between 4 stadiums etc. Can this also possibly be implemented using Advanced Rules?

Thanks in advance...

did it before but cant remember how so please can someone assist

looking to get teams from a continental comp(basically same as UCL group stage) where teams finishing 3rd and 4th drop into a lower comp (plate)

running 2 separate UCL's really one for the teams who progress into knockouts from group as normal, and those other teams fall into a ''PLATE'' COMP NOT INTO EUROPA LEAGUE

so its the fate actions I am having issues with

cheers

hi.

i reinstated the cup winners cup with 52 teams. everything was ok when i tested the advanced rules, but it doesnt show up in the game.

anyone can help me please

Most probably a conflict with another competition. I would guess the Euro-League.

Can I restrict any teams being promoted to a certain level as i would a 'B' team?

I think you could do that the same way a club is excluded from a cup competition. Use the "qualified teams" tab in the competition. You can add specific teams and tick "Ignore teams".

It's something I did not use so far, but in theory it could work.

did it before but cant remember how so please can someone assist

looking to get teams from a continental comp(basically same as UCL group stage) where teams finishing 3rd and 4th drop into a lower comp (plate)

running 2 separate UCL's really one for the teams who progress into knockouts from group as normal, and those other teams fall into a ''PLATE'' COMP NOT INTO EUROPA LEAGUE

so its the fate actions I am having issues with

cheers

any help on this please

Can anyone help me, i'm trying to verify the US database i created, however i'm getting a "Wrong number of teams in stage 0 of the CONCACAF Champions League" error and i jsut cant see what is causing it.

The league itself runs fine in the game (although you don't get the drop down option to select levels at the start game) - I'd like to have this option back and the verify run fine if i can?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/455512-FM2016-USA-Fantasy-League-(NFL-NBA-MLB-NHL-Teams)-5-levels-256-teams?p=10777822&viewfull=1#post10777822

Thats the database, i think its something to do with the Amway Canadian championship, but ive not touched it.

Can anyone help me, i'm trying to verify the US database i created, however i'm getting a "Wrong number of teams in stage 0 of the CONCACAF Champions League" error and i jsut cant see what is causing it.

The league itself runs fine in the game (although you don't get the drop down option to select levels at the start game) - I'd like to have this option back and the verify run fine if i can?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/455512-FM2016-USA-Fantasy-League-(NFL-NBA-MLB-NHL-Teams)-5-levels-256-teams?p=10777822&viewfull=1#post10777822

Thats the database, i think its something to do with the Amway Canadian championship, but ive not touched it.

is the file made after the last patch

is the file made after the last patch

Yes, it was. Not sure if i started it before then and have saved after though? or do you mean created from scratch after the last

[

Yes, it was. Not sure if i started it before then and have saved after though? or do you mean created from scratch after the last

created from scratch...I have a file I made earlier NB before 16.3 patch and when I made some more changes post 16.3 I get error in validation

I have reported in bugs and it is being looked at but feedback so far suggests it is because it was created pre 16.3

so sounds like I have to redo the file not good news, but makes you wonder if it is worth investing time in projects until the last patch is out otherwise you cant be sure the file will work. I have created 15 files pre 16.3 and 1 is showing the error another has corrupted since patch, so could be worse

[

created from scratch...I have a file I made earlier NB before 16.3 patch and when I made some more changes post 16.3 I get error in validation

I have reported in bugs and it is being looked at but feedback so far suggests it is because it was created pre 16.3

so sounds like I have to redo the file not good news, but makes you wonder if it is worth investing time in projects until the last patch is out otherwise you cant be sure the file will work. I have created 15 files pre 16.3 and 1 is showing the error another has corrupted since patch, so could be worse

I've a work round on the drop down, luckily i have an old basic version of the file, so which ever level i pick last in that, will be the selected level when i boot from this. Not sure if other see the dropdown though or just me..

the issue for me is the fa trophy shows errors (even though it hasn't been touched) it was fine pre 16.3 patch now I get errors, if I remove that comp everything is fine but I will redo the file, hopefully will take about an hour ;)

the drop down you mean on game start up?? if so because I am using advanced rules unless verified it is blank, if I verify the comps edited and can see down to league2 as an option to select

the issue for me is the fa trophy shows errors (even though it hasn't been touched) it was fine pre 16.3 patch now I get errors, if I remove that comp everything is fine but I will redo the file, hopefully will take about an hour ;)

the drop down you mean on game start up?? if so because I am using advanced rules unless verified it is blank, if I verify the comps edited and can see down to league2 as an option to select

S'ok, kjen, just sorted the file for me :)

If someone can help ... i need to create a playoff match when teams finish on the same amount of points for my maltese league. (Like the argentinian championship playoff) Any ideas of how I can do it please?

I think you could do that the same way a club is excluded from a cup competition. Use the "qualified teams" tab in the competition. You can add specific teams and tick "Ignore teams".

It's something I did not use so far, but in theory it could work.

I've just tried this. Can't seem to get it to work. I don't know if wkdsoul got it to work or not. I tried the following things:

Advanced Rules -> List -> 2nd Division -> Qualified Teams -> Ignore team checked, "Get specific team" and chose the team

Advanced Rules -> List -> 2nd Division -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> Teams -> Ignore team checked, "Get specific team" and chose the team

I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I also do not know how to ignore a team in a cup because I've never had to use it. Maybe I'm missing something?

I've asked elsewhere with no response but sod it one of you might know.

1. Can keep history after retirement` be turned on as default or does anyone know the minimum rep a player or manager must have for it to kick in?

2. I've having mare trying to setup a super cup between the US and Canadian League winners during the season. (Still messing with this).

Would it be classed as a cup / Super Cup / Club Champions Cup / Friendly ?

I've asked elsewhere with no response but sod it one of you might know.

2. I've having mare trying to setup a super cup between the US and Canadian League winners during the season. (Still messing with this).

Would it be classed as a cup / Super Cup / Club Champions Cup / Friendly ?

Super Cup, but only if there are not already one in the league, otherwise it would be just a cup.

Can anyone still help me with this? Or is it impossible to do?

I've just tried this. Can't seem to get it to work. I don't know if wkdsoul got it to work or not. I tried the following things:

Advanced Rules -> List -> 2nd Division -> Qualified Teams -> Ignore team checked, "Get specific team" and chose the team

Advanced Rules -> List -> 2nd Division -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> Teams -> Ignore team checked, "Get specific team" and chose the team

I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I also do not know how to ignore a team in a cup because I've never had to use it. Maybe I'm missing something?

Super Cup, but only if there are not already one in the league, otherwise it would be just a cup.

Cheers KUBI. For some reason i'm having a mare at getting the 2nd year to kick in.

Cheers KUBI. For some reason i'm having a mare at getting the 2nd year to kick in.

Has anyone got a quick 10min to have a look at this for me, i cant get the 2nd year to kick in.

Its the North American All star game, i want the American Soccer League and Canadian Soccer League winners to play the last week in August. I've got the first fixture (York/Portland) to start but the 2nd year never picks up, despite it saying it will be drawn on the 16th August 2016 it sails right past the date..

https://www.mediafire.com/?onxz44u9yi34d4a

Hello guys, I got a question.

How do I set fixtures so teams on a league play every other day? I want to have something like 180 matches on a season. Or, if that's not possible, I want to have a season lasting like 3 years. I tried doing it setting manually the year of start and season end date 3 years after, even tried making the competition run every 4 years, but still no success, competition doesn`t get scheduled.

My first option is the one I want more, if possible. Thanks!

Hi guys.

Do you know how do i recreate the european club competitons, more exactly the 3rd position of each group goes down to the Europa League?

I want to recreate that option between my two competitons of Seven nation competitons.

Grade, when setting up qualifications, and keep in mind you must use advanced rules to do this, set third place to have a different qualification than the first and second placed teams.

For instance(this is an example, and round/stage names will obviously be different for you), if the qualification place for first and second are qualified for "second round", you would set the qualification place for say, "third round" or something. Then in the UEFA Cup stage you want to enter these teams into(obviously making sure that the game makes sure this stage has ended before this stage is made), in the get teams section add "get qualified teams from stage", and set the comp to Champions League, set the stage to the stage number of the CL group round, and for the stage name, you'd use "third round", as well as making the relevant get team routines for any other teams you want to be in this round.

Jesseh, you have to make sure that the league's "days to check for fixture clashes" is set to at most 1, and set it so that you have a day/time for every single day in the fixture days section.

EDIT: I should note that you should set check for clashes to "All", as this will take into account any cup/international/continental fixtures so that you won't get pileups of postponed fixtures, which could lead to a situation where the league won't end due to matches not being played due to having been postponed too many times.

Jesseh, you have to make sure that the league's "days to check for fixture clashes" is set to at most 1, and set it so that you have a day/time for every single day in the fixture days section.

EDIT: I should note that you should set check for clashes to "All", as this will take into account any cup/international/continental fixtures so that you won't get pileups of postponed fixtures, which could lead to a situation where the league won't end due to matches not being played due to having been postponed too many times.

Thanks, I will check it!

Grade, when setting up qualifications, and keep in mind you must use advanced rules to do this, set third place to have a different qualification than the first and second placed teams.

For instance(this is an example, and round/stage names will obviously be different for you), if the qualification place for first and second are qualified for "second round", you would set the qualification place for say, "third round" or something. Then in the UEFA Cup stage you want to enter these teams into(obviously making sure that the game makes sure this stage has ended before this stage is made), in the get teams section add "get qualified teams from stage", and set the comp to Champions League, set the stage to the stage number of the CL group round, and for the stage name, you'd use "third round", as well as making the relevant get team routines for any other teams you want to be in this round.

Okay, i will try that! :) Thanks.

Hi guys need some help please. I am editing both the uefa CL and EL the reason being as my game for some reason was not correct in the groups points equality rule for example two teams with the same point that finished 2nd and 3rd the team in second would have a lower goal difference so wanted to go in and just complete;y re do the whole thing bringing it in line with real life for the 2016-2017 season the problem I am having is that when I run a test it fails for 'Compettions have different years UCL 2016 UEL 2015' but I have both years set to 2013 as the base year and every date on each competition seems to be in line I don;t know where I am going wrong? :/

Archived