Advanced rules FM 2016 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

I´ve created new national rules

So far so god, it works, the only thing is, that the finals of my cups doesn´t take place at neutral stadiums!

Don´t know how to manage this...

perfectly I wanna specify the neutral stadium for the first 3-5 years, but the the final always take playce at one of the finalists.

Any hel?

(my search doens´t work on this side, don´t know why....)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I´ve created new national rules

So far so god, it works, the only thing is, that the finals of my cups doesn´t take place at neutral stadiums!

Don´t know how to manage this...

perfectly I wanna specify the neutral stadium for the first 3-5 years, but the the final always take playce at one of the finalists.

Any hel?

(my search doens´t work on this side, don´t know why....)

check this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448391-FM15-Editor-Cup-Final-Neutral-Stadium-Setting-Not-Working-(Advanced-Rules)

I could not find this in a search, so forgive me if this has been answered before. But when selecting the teams for a competition there is a check box field titled "Ignore Teams". What exactly does checking this box do?

Another annoyance I have just discovered is when trying to verify my advanced rules, I keep getting a message saying 'wrong number of teams found at stage 3 of competition'. So I am unable to verify the leagues. What makes it more frustrating is that the competition in question only has one stage, a 5 team group competition played out as a league, so there is no stage 3 and the same amount of teams throughout. Any ideass guys?

And another question to add to this, apologies, so I am creating the Greenlandic league system, which has a regional group stage leading onto a national group stage followed by a knockout stage, all seems to be in working order accept for one thing, I cannot for the life of me seem to get the competition to save the league history record, so even though the league plays out and European qualifiers are chosen from the knockout round, absolutely no past winners are recorded. Starting to think it's the league system I'm trying to create which is a bit bugged...

HI

I am using a custom database with new created players. This is originally Fenech's Ultimate Legends and Stars Database but I have added in some of my own players.

When i start a game with this DB, i have noticed that some of the created players appear with CB set as a natural position, even though they have this set at 0 in the editor. This affects both the players i created and Fenech so i don't believe it should be with how i have created the players i have added. 

Anybody know why this is happening?

Dreamer, make sure to set CB to be 1, not 0. 0 is random.

Nabildx, I'm not 100% sure on the first question, but for the second, you use the continent world. You'll need to edit the editor XML files to set this in advanced, but if you make your comp in basic editor first you can choose the "world" continent there, then convert it to advanced and do your advanced editing from there.

12 minutes ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

Dreamer, make sure to set CB to be 1, not 0. 0 is random.

Nabildx, I'm not 100% sure on the first question, but for the second, you use the continent world. You'll need to edit the editor XML files to set this in advanced, but if you make your comp in basic editor first you can choose the "world" continent there, then convert it to advanced and do your advanced editing from there.

tq dave for answering my question. which editor XML files i have to edit though?

ok dave tq once again, it worked

but for the host nation's club, anyone has any idea how to do it

it's like in fifa club world cup, one best club from the host nation qualifies right? so i would like to do the same for my custom club world cup

I am now making my first cup (u19). When i choose what teams to join the group-stages, i want u19 teams from England and other nations joining, now i have chosen "get best youth setup teams" for those nations in my new cup, this is the same as champions cup u19 does. My issue is trying to make it more difficult for the database to choose same teams joining my cup as the ones joining u19 champions cup. I tought about choosing the option "get qualified teams for comp" and "ignore teams", but that will say that my nations best youth team also will not enter my cup. So that one is out of the question. If i choose "get reserve/b teams from division" and "team type" to "u19", will that add u19 teams as well? I dont want to use the "specific team" option as i want different teams each year. And while i am at it, what is EPPP teams? :)

On 3.8.2016 at 21:35, A_Sober_Paddy said:

How can one edit the champions league in the editor, looking at the prize money morseo

1. load database 
2. go to "competitions" section on left side of screen
3. find european champions cup trough filter options
4. double click on it
5. set "norway" (f.e.) as nation for that competition
6. go to "add nation rules" option
7. select "serbia and option "add lower divisions"
8. convert to advanced rules

Then you will find the european chamions cup next to the norwegian default competitions :) 

1. Load database. 2. Add new competition, name it and choose nation and type. 3. Add nation rules, here you choose the nation of the cup and option "add lower divisions". 4. Convert to advanced rules. 5 Go to "list" and press add", then you get a new competition named "rules". 6. Go there and in "competition" you search up the cup you made. Now you have the option to change everything in the cup. Its alot of information, but feel free to send me a message if you need more help from there and i will do my best :)  

I Anyone have any idea where i have done anything wrong or forgot to fill in? Get this message when trying to save database after creating my cup. No division levels have been verified in these rules - test the rules before saving to allow the use of these rules in the game. When testing the rules no error message, but i still get the same message when trying to save again, and when i test competitions i get a message saying "wrong number of teams found for stage 0 of norway cup.. I am very sure i got my numbers correct, cant be that bad at math :lol: Can you see what i have done wrong here, teams not being added correctly or maybe it is because i have not put up my match dates yet? I will put up match dates tomorrow, cant be much missing except that now :)

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-5.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-6.png

"Get Best Reserve/B Team From Division" will get the best reserve/youth teams from a certain division. If these divisions(oalthough you haven't even selected a division on all of them) have no B or reserve teams, then you will get no teams.

For instance, the Premiership doesn't contain a single reserve team, so your get team action will provide no teams.

2 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

"Get Best Reserve/B Team From Division" will get the best reserve/youth teams from a certain division. If these divisions(oalthough you haven't even selected a division on all of them) have no B or reserve teams, then you will get no teams.

For instance, the Premiership doesn't contain a single reserve team, so your get team action will provide no teams.

Ok, but it is in stage 0 it say wrong number of teams.. No teams from other nations are joining anyway in stage 0. Only the 1 division, 2 division and 3 division u19 teams will join in that stage. And all this divisions got u19 team divisions/cup set up. U19 champions cup and other cups should also not get enough teams then if this is the case. Starting to think i must give up in this project, something i almost never do. Been sitting from 16 to 20 hours struggling with this the past 4 days. If you look at the pictures i posted you can see there are no foreign teams joining in stage 0. And when i google "fm editor how to create club" Almost nothing, only videos about creating leauges, the only information i can find is the one coming from this site, and that aint much, not one step to step guide for creating a new club to existing leauge system as i can find. If i knew how to create one myself i would take the time to make this guide, so no poor guy is sitting like i have been the last days, something i wish for no one, you could get crazy from far less! I will not give up just yet, but without real help its a waste of time for me sitting here and banging my head against the wall sort of speak. I woke up after 5 hours of sleep and i feel slightly crazy already! I cant do anything more with this cup before getting someone to have a look at it for me. I am running around like a blind chicken inside the editor.

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-6.png

Screenshot-4.png

Screenshot-7.png

It took me 2 days to mod the hell out of skyrim with some help! And this i cant get help to do... If i only knew someone in real life that could do this, i would pay money to see it done :lol: My two beautifull dogs are coming home from my aunt and uncle on wednesday. I really tought i could get some rest and get some things done at home while the dogs are away, until i got this great idea to make this cup. Still with some help/guiding i should be able to get the time to finish the cup before they get back. It cant be much i have done wrong, i have been comparing to 4 other cups and the domestic competitions in norway. Going to do the match dates today as planned i guess, then i was sure it would be only minor changes to rules and so on that had to be done, kinda still are. But i get worried when i get problems with teams joining stage 0, it is only norwegian teams and i know these divisin teams got u19 teams, because i already play a game where i am 2 division team in norway. I will have to see what/if i can look some more at it later today. Now, i need more sleep :)

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

If it's less than 2 MB you can add it as attachment, the same way as pictures.

Thank you KUBI! :) Yes, tried it by editing the post at the same time you answered. Some sleep, food and seeing people reply has given me some newfound fate in finishing my cup :thup: Well i will get it done if i so have to rechange every leauge system in each nation i want to join my cup, so theres that :lol: Stubborn as a bull and after seeing Norway Cup on the tv it was decided, this is something every fm enthusiast from norway need in hes/hers game :)

Norge 3 div, U19 div og Norawy Cup U19.xml

I am also thinking about making the female leauge system, competitions, teams and players, would be great for my friend. She has just bought her computer and liked fm but didnt want it when she heared it didnt have the girls leauges. She got so dissapointed, you should she her face when i told her that after telling her how awesome and real this game was. You can play almost every division in the world i told her, she was so excited and asked even the girls leauge.. No :lol: It would be a nice surprice for her birthday next year, buying fm and have a custom database with the girls leauge system ready to be played :) Will it be possible to make these leauges and make it so that the male teams cant buy female players and so on?

Ok everyone, match dates set and my cup starts fine! :) Some problems there is, but that was expected. Only weird thing i could notice before starting the game is that i could not choose the level of divisions to play, when choosing the nation to play and size of databse. First round, everything looks perfect, exept that the 12 best youth teams from 3 division does not enter, making 12 of the 16 top division u19 teams enter instead (supposed to enter in the second round). Then second round arrives, problem in first round making 12 top division first teams enter the cup. Then the group stages arrives and things get weird, almost every u19 team, change themself into first teams?!? The u18 teams from England does arrive, thats something at least :thup:

Norge 3 div, U19 div og Norway Cup U19.xml

17 minutes ago, Aalbergsjo said:

Only weird thing i could notice before starting the game is that i could not choose the level of divisions to play, when choosing the nation to play and size of databse. 

Did you verify the nation rules? That's how it looks when you use nation rules that aren't verified. 

I'm trying to make the Herefordshire County Cups and have got stuck on a couple of issues.

1. The final of the challenge cup is always played at Edgar Street (the home of Hereford FC), is there a way to set it to be played at the home of Hereford FC rather than specifically Edgar Street. The issue I'm think is that if Hereford move to a new ground in a save the cup final would still be at the old ground (which would be demolished in real life if they moved ground).
  2. The Men's Senior Cup is the winner of the Challenge Cup v a suitable team of their choice. I know I can't set it so the winner can pick so I've decided the best format would something on a 3 year cycle alternating between a club from the Midlands (Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Shropshire), Wales (all the clubs playing in England) and the counties to the south (Gloucestershire inc Bristol, Somerset and Oxfordshire) as this is the most similar to how it has been historically. I know I need to create the competition three times in the nation rules with each one set to run every three years but I'm a bit stuck with how I get a random team (alternating through the team's instead of randomly picking one would also do) from a list of teams without doing secondary divisions. Can anyone advise me on the best way to do this?

For 1, I'm not sure at all.

For 2, you need to set up three seperate instances of your cup, with a year interval of 3, with a certain year set on each. For instance, the first would be 2015, then the second would be 2016, then the third would be 2017.

For an example you can use from in the game, check out the competition Football Manager Cup in the default England rules, as this does the same thing, but on a 2 year interval.

1 hour ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

For 1, I'm not sure at all.

For 2, you need to set up three seperate instances of your cup, with a year interval of 3, with a certain year set on each. For instance, the first would be 2015, then the second would be 2016, then the third would be 2017.

For an example you can use from in the game, check out the competition Football Manager Cup in the default England rules, as this does the same thing, but on a 2 year interval.

I'm fine with that part but it is how I set it to pick one team from a list each year that I am stuck with (the other team is the challenge cup winner). I am aware I could do this using secondary divisions but I'd prefer to do it without using them if possible.

2 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

Set the teams you want to have a secondary division, then set the get team routine to get a random team from this secondary division.

I am aware of doing it that way but I always thought there was another way that could be done in advanced rules. I don't want to do secondary divisions as teams may be in more than one secondary division. One way I was thinking would be to make another 'Friendly Comp' which gets specific teams in 'Qualified Teams' and pick a random team from that. Would that work?

On 8.8.2016 at 18:23, Aalbergsjo said:

I have been trying everything, "get team from divisions", "get best youth setup teams" and "get reserve/b teams". Still the teams in my u19 cup, change themself into first teams. Is there anyone at all that knows what the reason could be and how to prevent it?

It is not my u19 teams changing themselfs into first-teams. It is the first teams joning the leauge, because the winning u19 teams from last round does not go into the group stages. This is the settings i have set up for "fait actions" and "teams". At least now i know exactly what the problem is. Now also the foreign teams join as they shoul, got a problem getting the b-team from qatar to join, but i guess i will change it with some other nations u19 club team :lol: But as you can see on the pictures, none of the u19 teams winning "stage 0" goes trough to "stage 1" :)

Screenshot-8.png

Screenshot-9.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde-2.png

Norway Cup U19_ Oversikt Runde-3.png

Norge 3 div, U19 div og Norway Cup U19.xml

Solved! I have put wrong set up in "fate actions". Now i just need to fin the right setting to add youth team from Australia, Nigeria and Ghana. I think i have to make teams for Nigeria and Ghana. As those nations are not playable anyway, i should be able just to create reserve teams for them in the teams club page, i dont need to put other settigns and stuff for that youth team to work ingame? Also the match dates? I want all the teams to play their games at the same day, no exeptions preferably. Now i have set up 4 match dates for 16 groups with 5 teams each. Now they games are spread out over a longer periode with games each day.

You have to make sure to check the flag "don't use home match days"(might not be the exact wording) in the main competition panel to make sure matches aren't moved to the team's preferred match day. and if this still happens after this, I can only assume it is because all matches are taking place at the same stadium and/or other comps/matches are clashing with these matches.

This may have been asked somewhere, but when setting up a competition in advanced rules, should I use the generic years 2000 and 2001 to indicate that the competition repeats each year or should I use 2016 and 2017, which are the years I actually plan to start playing in? Also, in the normal editor, would the years 1900 and 1901 work for this kind of purpose as well? This mostly pertains to fixture dates within my project. 

The dates you use really don't matter that much as long as they are uniform among your competitions. The game will use the 15/16 season(s) as the start date no matter what you do, and any dates you set up in the editor will be adjusted accordingly to fit into that.

For instance, if you make a season that goes from March 2000 to January 2001, then the game will adjust your competitions go from March 2015 to January 2016.

18 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

You have to make sure to check the flag "don't use home match days"(might not be the exact wording) in the main competition panel to make sure matches aren't moved to the team's preferred match day. and if this still happens after this, I can only assume it is because all matches are taking place at the same stadium and/or other comps/matches are clashing with these matches.

Yes, you were right on both :) Now i got a new problem off course, neverending story :lol: I got 5 teams in each group in the first group-stage. 1 team does not get a match each fixture date, i set up another day so they could play those remaining matches, but they do not play them, leaving only one team in each group with 4 games played.

When scheduling a league stage NEVER set the number of dates, simply untick the box. The game will automatically generate the number of dates required.  This means that if you have set up the wrong number of dates using the fixture dates etc, then the game will make sure that the rest of the fixtures are made by generating another date somewhere inbetween your start and end date.

1 hour ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

When scheduling a league stage NEVER set the number of dates, simply untick the box. The game will automatically generate the number of dates required.  This means that if you have set up the wrong number of dates using the fixture dates etc, then the game will make sure that the rest of the fixtures are made by generating another date somewhere inbetween your start and end date.

Ok, so just remove the fixtures for that group stage, or do i have to remove all the fixture dates for the whole cup? Could be i just put in 16 more teams to that group stage if the editor now makes stupid dates for my cup, would like to have those dates i have set up :)

Screenshot-11.png

Screenshot-12.png

You can keep them all, just make sure the "number of dates" box in the general tab of the schedule is unticked. I'd also suggest unchecking the "all fixtures at the same time" box. The latter may well be the cause of the problem, as it may be cancelling fixtures due to the stadium being unavailable, allowing them to be moved to a different day may solve it.

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I believe it may be something to do with neutral venues being used.

The selector for neutral venues is not very good(I've reported it as a bug on more than one occasion), so you may want to use specified venues by using the "Stadiums for fixture" panel to set 2 stadiums to host each group, then setting the fixtures to be at "league stage stadium 1", and giving each fixture date an offset date to be played at "league stage stadium 2".

If you don't want to specify specific venues, you can use "Stadium 0" to "Stadium 12" as venues. For continental comps, it will choose 13 host venues that are chose when the host is chosen, and for domestic comps, it will use the 13 biggest stadiums in the country for these.

42 minutes ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

You can keep them all, just make sure the "number of dates" box in the general tab of the schedule is unticked. I'd also suggest unchecking the "all fixtures at the same time" box. The latter may well be the cause of the problem, as it may be cancelling fixtures due to the stadium being unavailable, allowing them to be moved to a different day may solve it.

I had not put that extra day in the "leage schedule" for all the "individual groups" :) It is almost perfect now, only these two teams that are in this U20 Libertadores cup does not play at the correct day. Can i make copa libertadores fixtures reschedule instead of my cup doing so? Or maybe it is just as good to put up another date also for that group stage and check "back up date" or a alternative date maybe? what would be right choice for me? And i also should amyeb say that the last game there, should be played the 25 (the day after that last game in U20 Libertadores) :)

Norway Cup U19_ Overview Stages-3.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Fixtures & Results.png

Club Atlético Peñarol Under 19s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

Club Atlético Peñarol Under 19s_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png

4 hours ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

Fixture priority sets how important the match is, whichever match has the lower priority will be rescheduled.

It did not change it. U20 copa libertadores is continental cup - low priority. I set my cup to continental cup - high priority. Also you are right about neutral venus, all the games are played at home stadiums even if i get neutral set up :) If i cant get that cup to reschedule its games, i guess i have to set up another fixture date so that they play the saturday after, but i am not sure if that works. Looks like the clubs playing in libertadores cup cant get back before it is finished looking at the match dates of Atletico Nacional u20. Other teams matches get moved this time, chivas u18 does play two matches the day before and after the day set-up for them (11th june). They do not play in any other competitions, so does not ifk gøteborg u19. Fyllingsdalen doesn not have any games the 11th of june.

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Schedule.png

Atlético Nacional S.A. Under 20s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Fixtures & Results-3.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Fixtures & Results-4.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Fixtures & Results-2.png

CD Guadalajara Under 18s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

IFK Göteborg Under 19s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

FK Fyllingsdalen Under 19s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

27 minutes ago, Dave Fairbairn said:

Certain competitions are hard coded to do certain things. If this copa competition is set so that games can't be rescheduled, then there's really nothing you can do short of removing that competition.

Ok, i would like to try and set up a reserve match date for that last match date then (18th of june) so if possible they will travel back from that copa cup and play that last match in the "first group phase" of my cup. Not sure if they will travel as they are in the middle of that other cup. Its alot of places to put up dates i see, can i connect that reserve date to the date i want it to be reserve for? :)

Now i am not sure what is going on here.. One team play it games between my games and the other does not, and look at the schedules for the cups! :p Well, its good that they can travel between the two cups, if i can set up some reserve dates on saturday in the same week of the other games played. I hope at least i can descide when those games should be played if not something else. i have checked that flag in the editor that say "check if clash dates" (something like that) and put it at none, in my cup that is, if i am not mistaken that is how i should have it there. If i could go and change copa libertadores and make that cup "check for clash dates" with my cup, maybe that also would work? I rather not delete the cup if possible, something it should be as we can see the team traveling between the two cups do so. Worst case scenario i will try and delete it and add 16 more teams to my norway cup, bringing the rest of those teams supposed to play libertadores and some more to my norway cup :lol::thup:

Atlético Nacional S.A. Under 20s_ Fixtures Schedule-2.png

SC Corinthians Paulista Under 20s_ Fixtures Schedule.png

Under 20 Copa Libertadores_ Matches Schedule.png

Norway Cup U19_ Matches Schedule.png

Archived