Advanced rules FM 2016 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

This thread is for editors who are using the advanced rules and have some questions that only the experts could answer - or not.

Please do not ask basic questions that are already answered in other sticky threads.

It's also a thread for the advanced editors to discuss the more complicated advanced rules.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are we able to edit the comps file directly now

I guess that they made it impossible because editing that file did cause to many bug/crash reports.

yes it cant be loaded in the editor since fm14 and converted back to a .xml file

do you know if continental fixture rules has been fixed there was/is an issue going back a few years now that certain squad rules were not working in game unless you recreated the whole comp

if so is there a quick way to do this for UCL/Europa etc

I have a file which is 90% done but lost interest due to bug

Here is a question about the instability of the advance rules ...... I was having a issue about a cup i was creating . when i created a cup then verified it but it kept telling me that the league had not finished so in the requirements i ticked check early finish against the league . I then ran a verificaton and this did not work so i unticked it then it worked ???????? . So how can ticking then unticking make it work

Verifying has improved with 16.3., as they did fix some error messages which did not make any sense. But there are still issues. One file I tested, did not pass the first three attempts, but the fourth and everyone followed. Without changing anything.

Loading a new save, running it on holiday for 3 years and than examine all leagues, cups and other competitions is probably the better alternative.

Verifying has improved with 16.3., as they did fix some error messages which did not make any sense. But there are still issues. One file I tested, did not pass the first three attempts, but the fourth and everyone followed. Without changing anything.

Loading a new save, running it on holiday for 3 years and than examine all leagues, cups and other competitions is probably the better alternative.

Finally, a dedicated sticky thread!

Since I couldn't find how to make custom youth leagues in the advanced editor, I turned to making them just like ordinary leagues but, of course, the teams making them up are U20s.

Now, I don't know if this is why the editor crashes half of the time I try to test the rules, or gives off random errors about team number, the other half; I thought it might also be related to the fact that I've assigned the top youth division level '0' - the editor might be reading it off.

But I'm hoping that someone's who has made a successful youth league system with the advanced editor could tell me where I went wrong.

Here's the data editor file.

Thanks!

There are a lot of errors showing up in testing. Like teams are on holiday when they should play a match.

I did run a test and added youth group IX to simulate down. It stops simulating with the message that there where not enough teams for a competition.

When you than go to the database/competition tab and select one of your competitions it shows you the tab "Test" with the errors.

There are a lot of errors showing up in testing. Like teams are on holiday when they should play a match.

I did run a test and added youth group IX to simulate down. It stops simulating with the message that there where not enough teams for a competition.

When you than go to the database/competition tab and select one of your competitions it shows you the tab "Test" with the errors.

I know, but I was wondering why does it happen and how to fix it.

Is it because in adv. editor youth leagues cannot be set up as senior leagues? Should I rather put them lower on the pyramid than the lowest division?

There's an option in the normal reserves/youth, under nation, to choose custom xml, which would seem to imply the possibility of setting up custom divisions, but I don't know how to go about doing so.

The gist of it is that I want to have a working customized youth pyramid system (in basic rules you can do this, but I want to know how to tackle it for advanced).

This is also possible with advanced rules. Use the tab "Reserve rules" and add the reserve leagues. You could than set different U18 or U20 setups.

For example Use teams from division and set the division level or mirror the main division.

It's basically the same as you did, but using the ingame reserves instead of adding your own competitions.

I have a topic for this. Anyway:

I would like to have just an info about this submenu in the Editor

This is an example

3164svc.jpg

The "In" for the Direction, means profits for Juventus, right? Not for Sunderland and Feyenoord.

And cash should be divided for the number of months or multiplied?

For Giaccherini is 156,250 EVERY month, so 156,250 x 36 = 5,625,000 ?

Or is 156,250 divided 36 ? So 4,340 for every month?

This is also possible with advanced rules. Use the tab "Reserve rules" and add the reserve leagues. You could than set different U18 or U20 setups.

For example Use teams from division and set the division level or mirror the main division.

It's basically the same as you did, but using the ingame reserves instead of adding your own competitions.

You can also use this function to set up a detailed reserve/youth league setup, for an example check out the U21_0/1 and U18_0/1 setup for England.

This thread is for editors who are using the advanced rules and have some questions that only the experts could answer - or not.

Please do not ask basic questions that are already answered in other sticky threads.

It's also a thread for the advanced editors to discuss the more complicated advanced rules.

Great to see this thread stickied. I would suggest having a new thread for new versions of FM though as a lot can change game by game.

The issue mentioned above with advanced Continental Rules (and adv. International Rules) is that unlike Nation Rules where you can select an existing country and choose if you want to create a new setup or expand the existing one, this is not an option with the other options. I am almost certain that many of these rules are hardcoded by SI and haven't ever been included. If they can figure out a way to soft-code the rules (e.g. the European Coefficient systems) and include the continental files in the competitions, then we can have the amended setups that people are after.

Lastly regarding the comps file, the archive is full of encrypted dbc's designed only so that SI can access the data. The fact that converting your rules to Advanced Rules activates these files means that you no longer really need direct access to these files anymore.

Hmm, okay, but it doesn't solve the issue of making them fully customizable (with playoffs and whatnot)...

Since you were the one that responded to my separate thread (with v0.4.6), and since it's also an advanced issue, I finally discovered through a lot of testing that teams in the lowest level don't ever seem to relegate to the unplayable, "pool" division. I'm trying to trace the issue in the editor now, but if you are familiar with the issue or maybe see something I don't, I'd appreciate a piece of advice.

Thanks!

My post #16 states that this is in fact possible.

I opened up England in adv. editor but it uses custom xml; where do I find the eng_u21_0/1 and u18 xml files to have a model on which to base a youth league system on? Or do I just have to match the xml id from the reserve rules to the actual league system? 'Cause that would be sweet (and easy to do)!

Also, on a somewhat related note, also in my custom db (editor file here), I seem to have an issue in that from the lowest playable division, after the first season, no team relegates as no (A) team promotes from the inactive division a level under it. I ticked "allow b teams can be promoted from lower division" yet it doesn't happen and I've run out of ideas re: what to do about it. Any thoughts, please?

Thank you!

@aemud

You did not add the inactive league that are used as a feeder for the 5th level. Add the national division 6 as a inactive league to your pyramid and relegation/promotion will work.

@aemud

You did not add the inactive league that are used as a feeder for the 5th level. Add the national division 6 as a inactive league to your pyramid and relegation/promotion will work.

I thought of that, too; and I added it in a separate iteration of the db, but still, it didn't work.

I'll rework the steps and test for it again.

Another reason could be that there are not enough clubs at the 6th level. I think there is some kind of minimum for a working relegation/promotion over the seasons. You have a ratio that is higher than 50% -- 48 clubs relegated and just 91 possible promotion candidates. (Are this some kind of regional divisions at level 5?)

Another reason could be that there are not enough clubs at the 6th level. I think there is some kind of minimum for a working relegation/promotion over the seasons. You have a ratio that is higher than 50% -- 48 clubs relegated and just 91 possible promotion candidates. (Are this some kind of regional divisions at level 5?)

Hmm, do you think it could be that? Because the problem I'm running into now with the 6th level added in all the verification tests is "need a minimum of 108 [...] when organising teams in [level four] - found [not 108, varies] teams".

Should I make the inactive level a bit larger, more teams?

(And no, I didn't make the level 5 to be like regional divisions, but the db entries themselves for each of the series I've set up have East and West boundaries)

Later edit:

After adding the inactive level, I've verified all division except for four, which keeps giving random errors of missing teams (anywhere from 4 to 2, which isn't a lot, but consistent). This doesn't happen if the last level doesn't exist on the list, so I'm thinking it might be related, but I don't know what to change to stop the errors from happening.

Here's the data file.

I'm contemplating adding a 99 point deduction penalty for club going into administration as part of my German league file as a compromise attempt to replicate the loss of a league licence, the question I have is what should I consider when setting dates in the Administration cut-off Date field?

I opened up England in adv. editor but it uses custom xml; where do I find the eng_u21_0/1 and u18 xml files to have a model on which to base a youth league system on? Or do I just have to match the xml id from the reserve rules to the actual league system? 'Cause that would be sweet (and easy to do)!

You can set your own xml id, and when you set up a competition file for a reserve division you should have the option of entering a custom xml id (by default it's hidden unless you choose the Reserve Division type in the Advanced Rules).

The custom xml files the game uses are listed as Reserve (u18 level 0) etc when you convert to Advanced Rules. There should be 4 in total.

has anyone had any joy with changing the bosman rules especially for England. I have been trying to amend the rule that when a home based player enters his last 6 months of his contract an English club can offer a contract then not wait until it is expired

I'm contemplating adding a 99 point deduction penalty for club going into administration as part of my German league file as a compromise attempt to replicate the loss of a league licence, the question I have is what should I consider when setting dates in the Administration cut-off Date field?

Cut-Off date is usually end of fiscal year, which is not end of season. It's a bit difficult as there is a license period before the season starts, but also the possibility to ask for a interim balance during the season, when a club comes into trouble (usually not be able to pay the bills and wages).

I'm about to get this year's version of the game and I am curious about this, as I have not seen any database that has tried this before.

i want to create the cape verde real life structure. We're talking regional leagues and the winner of each regional league qualifies for the national league. this is straight forward.

what isn't is that the winner of the national league gets automatically qualified to the national league of the following year, and if he then gets another regional win, the second on the regional league will qualify too.

Now, my question is: how is this possible or most likely to replicate in game?

Having the regional leagues be groups before the national league feeding results to seperate competitions so there's regional league history, like the MLS? Making them all separate competitions? Will this be possible at all?

I'm about to get this year's version of the game and I am curious about this, as I have not seen any database that has tried this before.

i want to create the cape verde real life structure. We're talking regional leagues and the winner of each regional league qualifies for the national league. this is straight forward.

what isn't is that the winner of the national league gets automatically qualified to the national league of the following year, and if he then gets another regional win, the second on the regional league will qualify too.

Now, my question is: how is this possible or most likely to replicate in game?

Having the regional leagues be groups before the national league feeding results to seperate competitions so there's regional league history, like the MLS? Making them all separate competitions? Will this be possible at all?

When you get teams with the Advanced Rules, it is possible to ignore them. So you should find it possible to ignore the previous winner of the National League when setting up your Regional League.

I don't have too much experience setting up regional divisions though, so someone else will be better able to answer your question about the specific setup.

Hmm, do you think it could be that? Because the problem I'm running into now with the 6th level added in all the verification tests is "need a minimum of 108 [...] when organising teams in [level four] - found [not 108, varies] teams".

Should I make the inactive level a bit larger, more teams?

(And no, I didn't make the level 5 to be like regional divisions, but the db entries themselves for each of the series I've set up have East and West boundaries)

Later edit:

After adding the inactive level, I've verified all division except for four, which keeps giving random errors of missing teams (anywhere from 4 to 2, which isn't a lot, but consistent). This doesn't happen if the last level doesn't exist on the list, so I'm thinking it might be related, but I don't know what to change to stop the errors from happening.

Here's the data file.

Ok, I solved that problem: the error as well as the relegation/promotion issues. It seems all that was needed was to change the number of teams from fixed 18 to min x max 18. Weird that.

Re: previous discussion about introducing a custom U20 league system.

My new efforts, despite trying to work it into the reserve rules have failed in the same manner: editor either gives me team errors on verification for U20s or just flat out crashes. I just don't know how to go about it anymore, what I may have done wrong.

Could anyone take a look at the data file and maybe see something I'm missing?

Thanks!

has anyone had any joy with changing the bosman rules especially for England. I have been trying to amend the rule that when a home based player enters his last 6 months of his contract an English club can offer a contract then not wait until it is expired

I believe that's set in the game code & therefore not adjustable in the editor without recreating the whole nation from scratch.

I believe that's set in the game code & therefore not adjustable in the editor without recreating the whole nation from scratch.

I managed to set this (accidentally in my case) by changing the version of the England nation file to the edited version (as opposed to combined with/overwrites in-game code).

Guys i came here with one problem i am hopi.g to solve. I downloaded a custom database with Yugoslavian leagues and cups. Now, i would like to change the rulew for the number of teams that will qualify for the champions league and the euro cup. Now it is like this:

1st place qualifies for uefa champions league second qualifying round

2,3,4 team qualify for uefa europa league first qualifying round.

I would like ro change this and make it like the English premier league. Can i do that in the editor?

Guys i came here with one problem i am hopi.g to solve. I downloaded a custom database with Yugoslavian leagues and cups. Now, i would like to change the rulew for the number of teams that will qualify for the champions league and the euro cup. Now it is like this:

1st place qualifies for uefa champions league second qualifying round

2,3,4 team qualify for uefa europa league first qualifying round.

I would like ro change this and make it like the English premier league. Can i do that in the editor?

xou can but you would need to edit champions cup rules.

Does anyone know how I can deny a team promotion to a certain league. I have a team in my game that is the amateur version of the main pro club but that amateur team is semi-pro so I can't make it amateur only. And that team got promoted once in a save of mine and I want to stop it in future saves. I can't seem to figure it out. It would also be fine if someone knows if I can make a team semi-pro only (maybe through notepad editable files?).

When selecting qualified teams for a cup there is an option to Ignore teams. What does it mean?

You can use that in combination with the "add all clubs from division". If you want to exclude just one or more teams add those teams with the ignore option and the game will not draw those clubs for the cup, but all others from that division.

Okay, so tell me if this will work?

=>There are some teams in I league 1 and i league 2.

=>All these teams, alongside others are set to some regional secondary division. Let us say the Calcutta premier league

=>In qualified teams, I set "Get Best teams from division, Calcutta Premier division" and "Get All teams from division, I League 1,ignore teams" and "Get All teams from division, I League 2,ignore teams"

This will get me the best team from Calcutta premier division not Already in the top two National leagues.

Or am I missing something?

No, ignore team does only work for teams, not for the whole division. You need to set ignore for every club, that should be ignored for a comp.

It's usually easier to set a division as a container, adding all the clubs that you want to use in a cup or division and than just add all teams from that division.

No, I wanted a Brazillian style regional league to national league promotion system in India, and the cup was a way I thought this could be implemented. I checked Mrt90's 2015 file, but could not understand how you could get the best teams from a regional division not already in the National league system...

Have a look at this file: http://www.fmanager.com.br/topic/123843-cm-update-brasil-estrutura-real-162/?page=3 (if I am allowed to post links to otther forums)

Basically in brasil you have Serie A, B and C, and a Serie D which teams qualify to from the state leagues. The best teams in each state league not already in the national leagues qualify. This file does that, so maybe you could see how they did it and try to do something similar?

Well, I am using fm15. I tried seeing MRT90's file, but cannot understand what he has done to make this happen. The qualified teams for serie D is blank. In the stages section, the first stage gets its teams through a "Get all teams from division" How the division is updated, I have no Idea.

Archived