Knap FM16.3 442 ROCK & ROLL

Tactic set up on Test League England re Rest of World.

Midsomer was independently tested at 145pts over 70 games.

This tactic for 35 games made 77pts so 154pts potentially over 70 games.

I have played a few games with Ebbsfleet Screenshots below but taken as I noticed Basingstoke trying to park the bus.

Tested using standard OIs in other threads.

England_%20%20Opposition%20Instructions_zps5vzyxhrf.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?yt8f7h1zpfspa86

England%20v%20Rest%20of%20the%20World_%20England%20Team%20Selection%20Overview_zpsy1ajnw2z.png

Tactic%20Testing%20League_%20Overview%20Stages_zpsp0xjvkzw.png

Tactic%20Testing%20League_%20Stats%20Team%20Overview_zps3a18lhou.png

England_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2_zpsfbdv4ttt.png

England_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zpsjdyx7tua.png

Ebbsfleet%20v%20Basingstoke_%20Pitch%20Full_zpsvl5jvlvx.png

Ebbsfleet%20v%20Whitehawk_%20Pitch%20Full_zpsolcklen9.png

Midsomer I understand works well with the Instant Result FMT mode and aimed at about 6th place team. This one is more direct so A different style but works well against top teams.

Well had a game with these against Man City of all teams and started with Midsomer and just had OI's done by Ass Man. Went 1-0 up but by half time it was 1-2. Changed to Rock and Roll, took off all OI's and went 3-2 up, so changed back to Midsomer as it seemed more possession based and went 4-2 up and that's the way it stayed. Pleasing football and a hat trick from my WML Manuel Lanzini...

Sussex

Could be a good way to play mixing up the styles and D Line. Most of my tactics tend to be very similar regarding settings.

Thoroughly enjoying them so far, thank you. West Ham 4 Man City 2 - APOEL 0 West Ham 7 - Sunderland 1 West Ham 4. What I love is the football played and the way goal scorers are varied and the way goals are scored are very different. Find some tactics either rely on one or two regular scorers and/or the goals you score are the same each time. I'm getting goals through the middle, from out wide, strikers running onto mistakes, very pleasing on the eye so thank you again.

One thing I noticed is that your F9's and wing backs have symmetrical PI's but your Wide Midfielders are slightly different with the PI's. Any particular reason for that?

I use them the normal way round right footed on RW, but if things not going well I will switch them during game also with fwds or MCs.

Although these games are played, I still use quick pick and try not to make changes.

Knap, Do you do anything if you have a slender lead and want to see the game out? Was 2 up against Villa and absolutely battered them and one defensive mistake and a long ball got them back to 2-2 with their only two chances of the game. I always find in FM that say moving attacking wing backs to support does the opposite and just invites more pressure so was interested to see if you do anything if tightening up is needed?

Knap, Do you do anything if you have a slender lead and want to see the game out? Was 2 up against Villa and absolutely battered them and one defensive mistake and a long ball got them back to 2-2 with their only two chances of the game. I always find in FM that say moving attacking wing backs to support does the opposite and just invites more pressure so was interested to see if you do anything if tightening up is needed?

That's slightly nonsensical to a degree. Firstly support duty wing backs are still encouraged to "get further forward", unlike say fb/s. Only defend duty players actually always hold position,

Secondly it is apparent where the "weak areas" of these tactics are, knap posted even a screenshot. Absolutely no protection for the cbs, ever. And tons of space centrally. There's the cbs ------------- and then the rest of the team all pushing up.

Ebbsfleet%20v%20Basingstoke_%20Pitch%20Full_zpsvl5jvlvx.png.html

We're kind of debating this thing just around the corner already. In my opinion all it

would take for the AI scoring from little is it dropping deep and fielding multiple forwards, two might suffice, three will kill it. There's AI managers that outright switch formations to their prefered attacking formation mid-match, and those attacking formations typically involve multiple forwards. They visibly don't much track back and eventually sit right in that space in front of the cbs. Ball's cleared to one of them, one of the cbs closes down, last line of defense is broken, that's it.

7xidGsq.jpg

Apply some common sense. This is the AI at its most rigidly defending when in possession/attacking/going forward. Just count the numbers of players just sitting behind the ball/staying back in position rather than running forward to support and compare. Which team is more likely to concede soft goals?

yoCgSMP.jpg

I seldom change even if player sent off, however, I would probably just change WBs to defend possibly go to contain and TW.

BTW Argentina and Rest of World are a nightmare to defend against, but I still don't change. Against Arsenal I often drop deep.

Thanks. Ebbsfleet have pretty good forwards for this level,i can never get Kedwell playing well in any forward position i pick for him. I haven't tried him as a F9 so will give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just can't believe this game. Came second in my first season with only 5 defeats with this tactic scoring aplenty and playing some great stuff. Second season I start with a 0-5 reverse at Spurs and a 2-0 home defeat against Chelsea and have one shot on target in both games!! It's as if my players have forgotten how to play football with passes going astray, running away from the ball and most of them couldn't trap a medicine ball. Are we sure that the AI doesn't "learn" your tactics?!

I cannot see how the AI could actually set up a tactic to negate another tactic in that way.

The dice at times can be loaded against you for whatever reason although Spurs Chelsea are not easy games.

1 problem may be the higher D/L of Rock & Roll if getting caught on counter.

The Asymmetric Ramble On is currently my top tactic if the

Please understand I am not knocking the tactic as it's been brilliant. Just can't fathom how I can go from beating Spurs 1-0 away first season to getting trounced 5-0 at the start of the second. I'm not "expecting" to win but players that have great passing skills suddenly start leaving everything short which gets intercepted and as you say I get done on the counter. Tried lowering the DL but makes no difference and Harry Kane unfortunately is just ridiculously good - super human good, I mean really bad crosses just stick to his foot in a show of control that would just be physically impossible IRL. I'll try the Asymetric Ramble On and see how I go.

Archived