Arsenal - Complete Forward £50m

hm86

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I'm currently playing as Arsenal in the middle of January in 2016, sitting top a few points clear of Tottenham.

I've been given £125m to spend but I blew a fair chunk of that bringing in Alessio Romagnoli, Barbosa and a couple of others.

I don't want to break the bank so have set a target of £50m for a world class striker to play Complete Forward (Support). I really want to bring in Ibrahimovic as I've never managed him but PSG not budging on selling which is understandable. He's 34 and I don't want to pay more than £15m for him.

Do you guys have an ideal target I should go for, the striker plays alone with an attacking midfielder behind him in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

All help appreciated, let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks,

H

It doesn't need to be a recommendation from someone who managed Arsenal?

Surely Arsenal managers won't be the only ones using a lone Complete Forward in support?

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

I'm currently playing as Arsenal in the middle of January in 2016, sitting top a few points clear of Tottenham.

I've been given £125m to spend but I blew a fair chunk of that bringing in Alessio Romagnoli, Barbosa and a couple of others.

I don't want to break the bank so have set a target of £50m for a world class striker to play Complete Forward (Support). I really want to bring in Ibrahimovic as I've never managed him but PSG not budging on selling which is understandable. He's 34 and I don't want to pay more than £15m for him.

Do you guys have an ideal target I should go for, the striker plays alone with an attacking midfielder behind him in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

All help appreciated, let me know if more details are needed.

Thanks,

H

My best CF/S in a 4-2-3-1 with Arsenal was Giroud.

I have tried in different saves Dybala and Icardi but Giroud always performs better in terms of goals and assist. Probably due to his PPM.

Dybala in my opinion is one of the very few player here that could suit the F9 role in appropriate manner, and Icardi, well...an AF goal machine.

I have Embolo already but he's not scoring as much as I imagined, but I understand he's still youngish hence looking for an already established Striker. Giroud broke his leg in pre-season and still isn't ready to come back.

I got Romagnoli for £50m well its £35m plus add ons iirc.

That guy is actually at Arsenal on my save at the moment. Absolute monster, has the best goals per minute ratio of anyone in the league (currently 2019/2021 season).

Cheers tmason, is it Dybala or Embolo they have?

If you want a big name, you really can't go wrong with Higuain, whi is THE complete striker.

I don't recommend getting Dybala as you already have Barbosa, who is very similar type of player.

I have them both at Arsenal and Dybala is vastly superior:

2IsNPBr.png

thanks guys, Juve asking for £142m for Dybala so I doubt even negotiations will bring that close to £50m. Might look at him next season.

Never checked Morata will do that now thanks again all.

I have Embolo already but he's not scoring as much as I imagined, but I understand he's still youngish hence looking for an already established Striker. Giroud broke his leg in pre-season and still isn't ready to come back.

I got Romagnoli for £50m well its £35m plus add ons iirc.

He did very well for me for the first season, 15 goals and 8 assists for 37 appearances. Playing alone striker with Complete Forward (S) role. here it is his stats for all competitions during the season 15-16:

2ijBVy3P.jpg

Ended up splashing out on Ibrahimovic (£15m with £10m over next 18 months... don't shoot me down), maybe a bit silly but after reading the comments its a short term fix whilst Embolo and Barbosa develop. He scored a hat-trick on his debut against Newcastle, so far has 5 goals in 3 games.

Ended up splashing out on Ibrahimovic (£15m with £10m over next 18 months... don't shoot me down), maybe a bit silly but after reading the comments its a short term fix whilst Embolo and Barbosa develop. He scored a hat-trick on his debut against Newcastle, so far has 5 goals in 3 games.

Well, I think Ibra will be ace for a season or two. I do think you could have invested the money a little better...... but a) your Arsenal, you have truckloads of cash and b) it's Ibra! haha. If you go onto have a successful season (win the league) with Ibra leading the line and scoring goals it will be considered a masterful transfer swoop ;) Ala Robin van Persie to Man Utd a couple of years ago ;)

Good luck!

Archived