In Cameroon and Stoke on the same day?

I'm currently in my second season as Villa manager and have recently taken over the job of the Cameroon first team. My first Cameroon fixture was a home game on Zambia which clashed with my Villa away game with Stoke on the same day. I was able to prepare for, view and make changes in both games. My manager was also on the touchline for both.

Is this supposed to happen or should I have had to leave one of the games to my assistant?

Also, as an aside, the Cameroon game was supposedly played in front of a crowd of 46,000+ yet the highlights showed an entirely empty stadium (I have all the graphical options turned on).

Any thoughts?

Being able to be in two places thousands of miles apart on the same day to manage club & international matches is a gameplay mechanic for the user's benefit, only suggestion I can make on the empty stadium is to wonder if you're using any graphics packs.

What Barside says - it's a pretty unrealistic event that's purely there for the user's benefit. It doesn't make sense, but guarantee that if they blocked you from going to one, they'd get complaints. It's a good enough concession in my book. It's tightened up a little on FM16 on these side of things with clubs being a little more aware that you're pulling double-duty, but it's balanced well enough for enjoyment at the moment I think.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, if it happens again I'll see if I can leave one of the games to my assistant somehow. Personally I'd prefer the realism of missing a game but can definitely see why that would rile some people, so it isn't a problem :)

I'm gonna put the stadium down to a blip whether match engine related, fixture related or face/kit/other pack related. I haven't seen it before (that I've noticed) in 400+ hours playtime and it's hardly a game breaking thing if it happens this rarely.

I had a World Super Cup match In Seoul the same day I had a international friendly in Scotland. I managed the Super Cup match, and left the friendly to my assistant. I didn't feel trans-dimensional warp travel was realistic. I think the game should just give you a choice of which match to manage if you have two on the same day.

If realism is that important the best option is to manage a club in the same nation as that should eliminate any potential clashes due to the suspension of club matches during international windows, it won't be 100% in all nations but it will be close enough.

Realistically, how many managers manage both a club and a country anyway? If you wanted to go for realism, you would resign from your club to take over the country.

I believe it's more common with the smaller footballing nations. It should be possible, but not with high-reputation nations or clubs - such nations should refuse to hire you unless you resign and clubs should demand your resignation if you take another job on. But I guess it's a decision to put gameplay over realism. To be fair I've never seen an AI manager have two jobs in-game.

I believe it's more common with the smaller footballing nations. It should be possible, but not with high-reputation nations or clubs - such nations should refuse to hire you unless you resign and clubs should demand your resignation if you take another job on. But I guess it's a decision to put gameplay over realism. To be fair I've never seen an AI manager have two jobs in-game.

I would be vehemently against putting any kind of expectation on what a human player should do about double management. If they want to, there shouldn't be any penalty for doing so.

To be realistic you probably should resign from the club job when taking over a national side especially if club and nation are hundreds or thousands of miles apart, having said that I am currently managing Spurs and England, anyway I think it is good and right that SI have left it up to us to decide if we do both or not.

Archived