Anyone else do this...?

Currently playing as Chelsea, going into my 4th season. And I see my local side Woking still bobbling along in the Conference National. So I give them £10m for two players. They've now turned professional and have a secure financial future.

Anybody else help out a lower league or local team?

I used to do this years ago, but the club never seemed to do anything worthwhile with the money.

This will be the first and last time I'll do it. Wanted them to turn pro to give them a better chance of coming up!! Yes £10m is excessive but it secures their future for a quite a few years hopefully!

50k a season for how many seasons though? will take a long time to get to 10 million but anyway it's only the Chavs money and they have more of that than sense.

Did you sign two of their worst players?

Again not when you have a budget of £285m and one of the best teams in the world.

No, it's still very much that difference. Even more so when the club you're giving it to doesn't have that budget.

Anyway, it's splitting hairs. You justified it by saying affiliate clubs can do it, but that's a completely different thing. You're usually paying them a nominal amount to have a place to send your youths, or for having first option on their players. You're not slinging them a small fortune to achieve financial doping. Fair enough if you want to do it in your save - I'm a big advocate of anyone being able to do whatever they want in their saves, as it's their game - but you can't really equate the two things.

Will occasionally add a manager to take over a managerless side during the summer transfer window, then try to get them the best players I can within budget, get better staff and shift dead wood before the first professional game and seeing how they do.

Will always favour local teams on loan offers and friendlies too.

Archived