FM15 - Modifying the Formations panel

big_bob

Should be 'match formation panel.xml' found in the panels folder, if you want it back to default then deleting that file from your skin and reloading the skin should revert it to the default one.

Thanks, it worked! I deleted the match formations panel, but it wasn't in my skin panels folder, it was in the default panels folder from the default user data folder, that's why I didn't spoted it in the first place. Don't know how it got here, probably part of a grahic mod.

Untitled.png

Also, can you tell me how to make the shirts bigger and the names smaller on the formations mini panel from the match overview screen? And how can I use here on this panel the circled dots?

Untitled.png

To get the dots on the overview formation screens you should just need to edit the 'match both formations.xml' file, in that file locate these lines:

<container class="match_formation_panel" id="hfor" team_index="0" />

<container class="match_formation_panel" id="afor" team_index="1" />

And change them to read:

<container class="match_formation_panel" id="hfor" file="match formation small panel" team_index="0" />

<container class="match_formation_panel" id="afor" file="match formation small panel" team_index="1" />

And the game should then use the small formation panel file that uses the dots.

Whilst the kit and name sizes on the formation screens isn't really editable as the game resizes them depending on the formation and screen size, you might be able to alter them by editing the 'match formation.xml' file but the game might just override your values, this is the code that controls the pitch contents:

<!-- the pitch-->

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true" icon_flags="show_name,use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_role_duty_labels">

<boolean id="vertical" value="true"/>

<boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true"/>

<integer id="pitch_kit_height" value="40"/>

<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="10"/>

</widget>

You can also have a look at the 'tactics icon info panel.xml' for the text sizes, they are located at the bottom, however editing this file will affect over screens where the same shirt backs are used.

• 2 years later...

The game resizes the shirts depending on your formation and the size of the panel, also if you haven't re-enabled roles/duties for the AI teams then they will always have more space for the shirts.

So the only way to even up the sizes is to add/remove the role/duty bit (should be some threads around the instructions are the same for the last few versions) and hope you are both using similar formations.

4 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The game resizes the shirts depending on your formation and the size of the panel, also if you haven't re-enabled roles/duties for the AI teams then they will always have more space for the shirts.

So the only way to even up the sizes is to add/remove the role/duty bit (should be some threads around the instructions are the same for the last few versions) and hope you are both using similar formations.

Thank you sir, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Do you happen to have a link where I can re-enable roles/duties for the AI teams?

In the 'tactics icon basic horizontal info panel' xml file found in the panels/tactics folder locate this line;

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="
rodu" height="10">

And delete the id, so the code now looks like this:

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="" height="10">

You might also need to do the same with the various other 'tactics icon... files found in that folder (different ones control different screens), and if they aren't present for your skin you'll need to extract them from the default game files instructions here:

• 1 year later...

Archived