Player Attribute Changes in Latest Data Update (16.3)

I'm talking potential too...

He is jack of all trades in real life and in game....

He's got pace, but not the fastest..

he has strength, but not the strongest..

he has tricks.. but not a trick pony..

he has a good pass on him.. but not the best...

he gets forward.. not always the best time to do it

he gets back... not always the best timing

I'm not sure what you aren't really getting... he has plenty in his repertoire, but doesn't excel to world class standards or shown glimpses of it for me yet.

he works really hard as you'd expect in his first season in the prem.

Right so he is good but not world class at most parts of the game, he is 19,19!!

He can further improve all of those areas, he can be world class, but you seem to be saying that because he isn't he can never be?

Let me ask you this then, what has Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain done that shows he can be better, at a higher PA? Or John Stones?

What specifically have they shown in their game time that means they are going to be that much better?

How in your view does a player obtain a high potential? Because having already achieved things surely falls under CA?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok let's go about this a different way....

what would you change him to? and why are you sure he deserves it?

Put it like this too..

His current PA puts him in the same bracket as the likes of :

Rakitic

Insigne

Cabaye

Carrick

Walcott

Ox

Javi martinez

Juan Bernat

Khedira

and many more...

Can you tell me what Alli has done thus far that makes you think he will exceed those?

This is getting close to about all I'm going to say about the matter though...

If you genuinely have an issue.. feel free to log it.

Ok let's go about this a different way.... what would you change him to? and why are you sure he deserves it?

Let's put it like this too..

His current PA puts him in the same bracket as the likes of :

Rakitic

Insigne

Cabaye

Carrick

Walcott

Ox

Javi martinez

Juan Bernat

Khedira

and many more...

Can you tell me what Alli has done thus far that makes you think he will exceed those?

This is getting close to about all I'm going to say about the matter though...

If you genuinely have an issue.. feel free to log it.

No need for comments like that is there?

Just because I don't agree, what is the problem? Don't reply if you don't want to, but don't threaten not to, that is just childish. The whole point of these forums is to have a discussion, not one question one answer!

In terms of those players I would suggest he has greater physical attributes (quicker, taller, stronger) which all eat ability points, then Rakitic, Cabaye, Carrick and Insigne (maybe not pace)

I would say he then has better technical ability then Khedira, Bernat, Walcott and Martinez

Finally he has better reading of the game and decision making skills then Ox

Essentially it is the very fact he has such a blend that is exciting, he isn't just quick, good at passing or good in the tackle he can take elements from all those players and he can still develop

He is also, from all reviews and evidence (interviews etc.) a very level headed and hard working professional.

For all your replies you have never isolated a flaw in his game or a reason he has peaked already, just said this player is good and that player is good, and I don't dispute those players I am merely looking to compare him to other young players that match his profile.

I think the majority of people, an opinion, would be surprised at his PA compared to others, I certainly was I fully expected him to be 10-15 points higher.

You really are jumping to conclusions...

The thread is meant to be a light hearted look at new changes, not a debate about one player in particular, I merely suggest I'm moving on from the Dele Alli subject as you've clearly got strong views on the subject and this isn't the place. I urge you to post any concerns you have with the player on the thread linked you too.

Comparing him to his peers in terms of age and CA/PA has him on the same level as :

Leroy Sane

Vietto

Jose Gaya

Ginter

Bellerin

Calhanoglu

Which to me, again, sounds great... Is that a clearer comparison?

To end this, all I will say is that Dele Alli while showing plenty of potential, I don't see him deserving of a potential in the 175 range. You clearly disagree and that's fine, share your views in the correct place.. cheers.

IF people were complaining about Mahrez's PA...i can understand, because he is clearly a tier above than the PA suggests and his decision making and teamwork should be much higher. but whining about Alli's PA...really?

PA is not how you should judge a player, you need to look at his stats allocation and hidden attributes like consistency, imp match before you whine about something. And Alli has near perfect stats allocation, acceptable CA/PA despite he is still relative new in a competitive league.

IF people were complaining about Mahrez's PA...i can understand, because he is clearly a tier above than the PA suggests and his decision making and teamwork should be much higher. but whining about Alli's PA...really?

PA is not how you should judge a player, you need to look at his stats allocation and hidden attributes like consistency, imp match before you whine about something. And Alli has near perfect stats allocation, acceptable CA/PA despite he is still relative new in a competitive league.

But Alli and Mahrez have the same PA, so why is it acceptable for a 19 year old who has performed exceptionally this season (following 16 league goals last season, in a lower league but he was 18) but not for a 25 year old who has performed exceptionally this season but completely faded away come December last year and was very average when he first moved to the Championship?

I follow Leicester a lot as I'm from Leicester and all my friends are Leicester fans and almost all of them think Leicester and their players are performing at their absolute maximum.

Mahrez is on fire but is a good example of a player with very high key attributes but obvious areas elsewhere where struggles, his heavily favours his left foot (right is weak despite his recent goal), he is not great defensively and doesn't work hard enough on that side. He is also not the strongest.

All that being the case he has been fantastic this year, but he does not need a massively high PA as these weaknesses in his all round game are what stops him justifying it.

I'm not whining about Alli I'd like to hear what aspects of his game people feel are weak and he'll never develop?

In my view, just my view, areas such as the professionalism of the player and their progression to date should be considered in their PA as well as natural ability. Players like Lampard never had that much natural ability (ask West Ham fans when he was 18/19!) but he achieved the level he did through hard work and growing as a player.

Alli has a really strong starting position based on his all round game and physical attributes but it is his maturity and professionalism that impress me.

If the rule is a player can't get a high PA until he has proved himself for a season or two at the top level (i.e. Champions league) we'll never see any future stars in the database outside of the very top teams, Barcelona etc. and certainly no one like Odegaard could have high PA?

I've already asked the same question in the Tottenham thread but I wanted to get some proper critique of the player not just people saying, no I don't agree...

I really wanted a real detailed review against it, but I don't think I've seen that, just statements saying he is good already and I think this player has better potential with no reason why (I discount playing for multiple seasons as that is surely CA?)

A bunch of Leicester players have their potential maxed - can only stay the same or go down. Look even at Aston Villa and if 11 players had their current modest potential maxed they'd be really good.

For me Vardy is still slightly bigger risk than Mahrez, Kante despite his very specific upgrades because he has thrived later in his career under a particular set up whereas the other two look like they could thrive in any.

So happens this occurs a lot in Ranieri's native country with much tactical variety players look great out of nowhere in a particular set up but once removed (like Cerci post Torino's 3-5-2 fast counter) are half the player.

Are you seriously trying to convince the world that Alli is a world-class player in the making after half a season of some good performances in a league season that is HILARIOUSLY irregular?

If he is as good or better after next season, he can maybe get a boost, but just like Vardy in this 16.3 update, it would be insane to make him world-class just because of some good games in half a season.

But Alli and Mahrez have the same PA, so why is it acceptable for a 19 year old who has performed exceptionally this season (following 16 league goals last season, in a lower league but he was 18) but not for a 25 year old who has performed exceptionally this season but completely faded away come December last year and was very average when he first moved to the Championship?

I follow Leicester a lot as I'm from Leicester and all my friends are Leicester fans and almost all of them think Leicester and their players are performing at their absolute maximum.

Mahrez is on fire but is a good example of a player with very high key attributes but obvious areas elsewhere where struggles, his heavily favours his left foot (right is weak despite his recent goal), he is not great defensively and doesn't work hard enough on that side. He is also not the strongest.

All that being the case he has been fantastic this year, but he does not need a massively high PA as these weaknesses in his all round game are what stops him justifying it.

I'm not whining about Alli I'd like to hear what aspects of his game people feel are weak and he'll never develop?

In my view, just my view, areas such as the professionalism of the player and their progression to date should be considered in their PA as well as natural ability. Players like Lampard never had that much natural ability (ask West Ham fans when he was 18/19!) but he achieved the level he did through hard work and growing as a player.

Alli has a really strong starting position based on his all round game and physical attributes but it is his maturity and professionalism that impress me.

If the rule is a player can't get a high PA until he has proved himself for a season or two at the top level (i.e. Champions league) we'll never see any future stars in the database outside of the very top teams, Barcelona etc. and certainly no one like Odegaard could have high PA?

I've already asked the same question in the Tottenham thread but I wanted to get some proper critique of the player not just people saying, no I don't agree...

I really wanted a real detailed review against it, but I don't think I've seen that, just statements saying he is good already and I think this player has better potential with no reason why (I discount playing for multiple seasons as that is surely CA?)

I don't think you should compare Alli with Mahrez, Mahrez will be the main contender for PFA, while you can't say the same for Alli.

As for those weakness you mention, you are not wrong but you can say the same to lots of worldclass player too.

Mahrez while not perfect, but he does have a very complete skillset as a Wide midfielder, his PA(or CA) should be atleast 10 more higher than his current rating to improve his decision making and teamwork.

And no he didnt "completely faded away" since last year December, he is still one of Lecicester's most important player, had already provided 4 assists and a goal since then.

Honestly, you have a few good points and I do understand your frustration, because he has done brilliantly and perhaps deserved a bit more PA. If Alli is playing in club like MU, Juventus or Bayern, i am 100% sure he will have

-9.5PA or more than 175pa

in this update, but still you can't fault your researcher for trying to be as unbiased as possible.

In his break through season Ronaldo showed this sort of promise with Utd. then petered out and struggled the next, Who would have thought that young lad 3 years later would go on to be come a european football god.

I agree with Welshace in that he is in a good spot, who cares what other players PA is / are, yo are using other players to justify making him higher, yet the players that are near his same PA are all near world class players, playing with world cup winners and champs league winners, week in , week out. Alli, if he applies himself @ Spurs or wherever he ends up, will quite possibly become world class, but lets not forget a fair few young english players were hyped and crashed in the recent years so maybe the person in charge of spurs feels being level is the best way.

I know Hulk very well, and can't see how he is overrated. He's an amazing player. Persons who watch him regularly, instead of 2/3 games for the Brazilian NT, where he had a completely different role from what he does for his teams, know that very well.

In terms of the more obscure players to have received boosts, Phakamani Mahlambi looks class whilst Portuguese pair André Horta and Diogo Jota both seem to have been given bumps. Staying in Portugal, Panamanian striker Ismael Díaz looks a top bargain should Porto not sign him up permanently. Jeisson Vargas looks a player too as does Mexican defender Cesar Montes.

On the downside, devastated that Andrija Balic - the Pirlo of the Adriatic - has been snapped up by Udinese.

Oh and just to wade into the Leicester debate, i'm VERY much of the opinion that a few of their players have been rated very generously. Vardy having a 15 for technique is absurd - he's fast and a pest who's having a wonderful season...but nothing he does is particularly polished/sophisticated. He's got Suárez's nuisance-value...but the technical class of Agbonlahor IMO.

damn. he was my go to buy every save

I bought him without even scouting him...... Heh, was surprised.

Oh, Lincoln has been cut back too, but his mental attributes have been boosted and he's still really effective.

Looks good.. and probably fairly cheap too.. nice.

Just made an offer for this guy (July 15 playing as Leicester), admittedly it was low -100k based on the 38.5k value and Bordeaux negotiated it... at 53m!!!

Just made an offer for this guy (July 15 playing as Leicester), admittedly it was low -100k based on the 38.5k value and Bordeaux negotiated it... at 53m!!!

French clubs are traditionally pretty hard-nosed when it comes to negotiations, especially with younger players.

Another one: Ben Chilwell, Leicester left-back. Not too sure what his abilities were pre-update, but post-update, he looks to be very solid.

Ruben Neves is at the same level as Tielemans,Odegaard and Martial now.

That's interesting...would make him likely to become better than Busquets, Vidal, Mascherano and Marchisio and possibly one of the 5 best players in the world and even one of the best defensive midfielders of all time. Big statement.

Oh and just to wade into the Leicester debate, i'm VERY much of the opinion that a few of their players have been rated very generously. Vardy having a 15 for technique is absurd - he's fast and a pest who's having a wonderful season...but nothing he does is particularly polished/sophisticated. He's got Suárez's nuisance-value...but the technical class of Agbonlahor IMO.

Haha, some of Vardy's finishes this season (from tight angles etc), Gabby could only dream of.

true. I'm a Lazio fan, and I expected our defenders to be massively downgraded. It didn't happen, of course. I hadn't started any Lazio career so far because having such great defenders was extremely unrealistic, I guess now I'll have to use the editor myself.

You should post in the Italian data issues thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437294-Italy-(Official)-Data-Issues

As is Daniel Wass of Celta. CA

145/PA 160.

I'd have him no higher than

CA 135/PA 140.

I wonder if it's a general issue for Celta?

Most of Celta's players have had a big boost. They have clearly the 6th best squad in Spain now, ahead of Villarreal, Athletic and Real Sociedad. They had a good start to the season but that's too much. Looks like an assistant researcher went way too far and nobody checked it. Orellana and Aspas are also noticeably overrated. Some of the PA's given out to players like Mallo and Radoja are ridiculous.

It's particularly noticeable as most teams in Spain weren't changed much at all. Villarreal are pushing for 3rd and have hardly been touched.

Just started up a Marseille game and didn't get too far into it pre-patch, but fairly sure that George Kevin N'Koudou has been given a reasonable CA boost, and now has the potential to be one of the best wingers at the club, and rightfully so after his performances this season too.

Can't say I saw this guy much in the last update...

65034078fb5ad2a231f139939ab6dce6.png

Due to the German national team not being available? Didn't notice him either, but he is valued at £25.5m earning £74k a week in my .2 game - in the year 2020 - scored 18 in 46 games last season with 10 assists as well from the amc spot

Whoaaa... my favourite find thus far.... never even heard of this guy:

c1c6369006ea4a756eda1e384538b8ef.png

He's the best player in Australia, will almost definitely be in a stronger league next season. If the football commentators in Australia had been in charge of his attributes he'd have 20 for everything.

He will likely be in the starting side when Australia vs England on May 27, so can get a glimpse of him then.

Archived