Player Attribute Changes in Latest Data Update (16.3)

He's the best player in Australia, will almost definitely be in a stronger league next season. If the football commentators in Australia had been in charge of his attributes he'd have 20 for everything.

He will likely be in the starting side when Australia vs England on May 27, so can get a glimpse of him then.

Crossing looks a little low but Physicals are dead on from what I've seen.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't suppose anyone could do me a huge favour and post a screenshot (post-patch) of Phakamani Mahlambi? Seems to be flying a little under the radar but he looks a great prospect to me (18 dribbling, solid all-round technicals and great pace...).

R4xPFDh.png

Not too bad

He's the best player in Australia, will almost definitely be in a stronger league next season. If the football commentators in Australia had been in charge of his attributes he'd have 20 for everything.

He will likely be in the starting side when Australia vs England on May 27, so can get a glimpse of him then.

Seems he'll come to a championship side for around £2.8 million too without negotiating much.

VArdy has not scored 20 goals in a league season yet (he probably will this season) in a divison above the conference... On the games I've played or seen he's banging in 30+, it's a ridiculous jump for a player that has had 3/4 of a good season. Last year he scored 5 in 34 and seasons before in the championship 16 in 37 and 4 in 26. It's a ridiculous gamble that the researchers have/are taking.

I think Ousmane Dembele's current CA & PA is not good enough for him. He scored 4 goals in his last 3 games & strongly linked with Barcelona. Are there many youngsters that Barca are linked with & offered 35M Euro? (according to Marca)

4 goals in 3 games is nothing, He is rated on his last 6 months at least. And a rumour of a move to Barcelona is just that a RUMOUR. The person who rated him as he is in the game is a researcher and will know more than most here

4 goals in 3 games is nothing, He is rated on his last 6 months at least. And a rumour of a move to Barcelona is just that a RUMOUR. The person who rated him as he is in the game is a researcher and will know more than most here

This was just a glimpse from his form, he is the top scorer among the U20 players in the top 5 leagues this season according to OptaJean. So more than these rumors, his performance is blindingly obvious. Researchers can miss too, they are also human-being just like you & me. So what we do is just kindly asking researchers to re-evaluate players got our attention. That is all good I think.

ps. Today he played a performance with 1 goal & 1 assist against Olympique Marsellie.

Dembele only broke into the first team at Rennes in January so to have him fully up to date for the data lock in mid February is asking a lot. He has a decent random potential anyway so could end up a very good player in some games. He'll be a real superstar in FM17 I expect.

Dembele only broke into the first team at Rennes in January so to have him fully up to date for the data lock in mid February is asking a lot. He has a decent random potential anyway so could end up a very good player in some games. He'll be a real superstar in FM17 I expect.

FM16 is intended to simulate the season 2015-2016; so I think the right time for editing his CA & PA is right now. Also we will be playing FM16 for at least 7-8 months; so I think it would be really nice to update some players whose IRL abilities are really a lot better than the available ones. This can be simply done by sharing an editor file by the researchers for those who demand.

Researchers are volunteers who will for the most part either have full-time jobs or studies, they also do not currently have access to their files as SI do not release them until late April/early May so to demand (I hope your use of demand is a translation issue) an update is incredibly unfair on the researchers, as I mentioned in the German data thread if you feel strongly about particular attributes you can make changes in the pre-game editor.

No more of these demands for researchers to do something that they cannot do, thanks.

Researchers are volunteers who will for the most part either have full-time jobs or studies, they also do not currently have access to their files as SI do not release them until late April/early May so to demand (I hope your use of demand is a translation issue) an update is incredibly unfair on the researchers, as I mentioned in the German data thread if you feel strongly about particular attributes you can make changes in the pre-game editor.

No more of these demands for researchers to do something that they cannot do, thanks.

I do not know how the things work at SI - but I think we need more interactive environment. I do not speak with the official issues but I think people including researchers can share their ideas. Do not understand the problem with it. Someone can say "his X attribute should be 19 instead of 15" after a FM player asked his personnel idea. You can also share your opinion to help us to edit the player - better than editing players by ourselves which will end with creating own database instead of what the game provides.

Now that you know how the system works & that this is a time for researchers to get on with their lives away from FM I trust that you will no longer be demanding them to make or advise changes.

Also worth pointing out that even if a researcher was to confirm a new attribute value for a specific player you will still have to make that change in the editor, SI will not be releasing another official database until FM17 & they are the only people who can release an official database.

Now that you know how the system works & that this is a time for researchers to get on with their lives away from FM I trust that you will no longer be demanding them to make or advise changes.

Also worth pointing out that even if a researcher was to confirm a new attribute value for a specific player you will still have to make that change in the editor, SI will not be releasing another official database until FM17 & they are the only people who can release an official database.

Don't worry - no need to say it again and again. There will be always other people who will contribute with their ideas for those asking in other FM communities/fansites.

You can of course, always provide feedback on any data issues including Dembele's in the relevant data issue thread.. where in a lot of cases, the researchers are active and will update the thread with ideas and replies... purely at their own discretion obviously.

You can of course, always provide feedback on any data issues including Dembele's in the relevant data issue thread.. where in a lot of cases, the researchers are active and will update the thread with ideas and replies... purely at their own discretion obviously.

this is what exactly I'm looking for Welshace, really glad to see friendly and reasonable responses. Appreciated, thanks mate; much needed for the home of a product that is developed for fun ;). But nowadays we think twice before posting something to here. Also I'm happy that you get the idea behind what I want - an objective database as much as possible instead of creating our own.

FM16 is intended to simulate the season 2015-2016; so I think the right time for editing his CA & PA is right now. Also we will be playing FM16 for at least 7-8 months; so I think it would be really nice to update some players whose IRL abilities are really a lot better than the available ones. This can be simply done by sharing an editor file by the researchers for those who demand.

Ultimately, if you feel a player should be different, then as barside mentions you ought to be using the editor yourself. The actual pre-game editor is nothing like the what we use for the game research and doesn't come with the weight of documentation we get to help provide guidance. It tends to read more as a case of you wanting the player changed as you want, but with a more "seal of approval" feel to it as if a researcher is "signing off" on those changes you want it feels more genuine that the player should be that way.

We don't have anything more than you do. People do seem to be feeling a bit more entitled to on-going data updates this year, perhaps a knock on effect from what FIFA does? SI could probably automate something as fairly hollow as that by just chucking random CA points to players for a weekly database depending on if they played well or not. But we all have our own situations which make regular updates for data not being viable, for example my boss at the company I work for knows I do the research for Stoke and knows come closer to FM17 I'll be taking a couple of days off to make sure I can sort the research properly, but I think he'd object if I started telling him I needed a day each week to provide this weeks update.

On another note, since this thread is on this board now. Just so people are aware Jack Butland did go up around 18/19CA points in the January update and is around the 150ish mark now.

Ultimately, if you feel a player should be different, then as barside mentions you ought to be using the editor yourself. The actual pre-game editor is nothing like the what we use for the game research and doesn't come with the weight of documentation we get to help provide guidance. It tends to read more as a case of you wanting the player changed as you want, but with a more "seal of approval" feel to it as if a researcher is "signing off" on those changes you want it feels more genuine that the player should be that way.

We don't have anything more than you do. People do seem to be feeling a bit more entitled to on-going data updates this year, perhaps a knock on effect from what FIFA does? SI could probably automate something as fairly hollow as that by just chucking random CA points to players for a weekly database depending on if they played well or not. But we all have our own situations which make regular updates for data not being viable, for example my boss at the company I work for knows I do the research for Stoke and knows come closer to FM17 I'll be taking a couple of days off to make sure I can sort the research properly, but I think he'd object if I started telling him I needed a day each week to provide this weeks update.

On another note, since this thread is on this board now. Just so people are aware Jack Butland did go up around 18/19CA points in the January update and is around the 150ish mark now.

No one wants you to take of a day each week santy001, the idea here is if someone discuss about a Stoke City player, your feedback is appreciated. That's all. Again, I'm aware of both pre-game & in-game editor (actually I have both of them) but researchers have more accurate idea about the players. Instead of doing it ourselves, we request a brainstorming; not only from the researchers - but also other people who watch the discussed player closely.

No one wants you to take of a day each week santy001, the idea here is if someone discuss about a Stoke City player, your feedback is appreciated. That's all. Again, I'm aware of both pre-game & in-game editor (actually I have both of them) but researchers have more accurate idea about the players. Instead of doing it ourselves, we request a brainstorming; not only from the researchers - but also other people who watch the discussed player closely.

If people were frequently contributing to the data issues threads in this way there might be an opportunity for discussion. But it's pretty much a ghost town over there for the majority of the season. I know I would be happy to discuss any differences of opinion regarding Swansea players, but I don't get the chance!

While I understand the reasoning and the benefit of what you are suggesting Talhak... there are issues beyond the fact that we couldn't ask volunteers to give up their time to have to discuss things with people...

The main issue I'd have with this is the very real problem of 'decisions by committee' ... when several/ a lot of people get together to talk about an issue they are passionate about, they will all have different ideas won't come up with the most accurate solution, it's a known fact..

researchers are picked because they have the knowledge on the subject and have proven they are committed to provide the level of data collection needed, if they didn't, they would be replaced. Adding too much voice to the conversation would potentially muddy the waters too much and skew the results.

The current way, ensures that there is a clear, in the know, voice on the matter who can decide.. have it checked by their immediate head researcher, and then in turn checked by SI.. which gives the best result in my case, and while we all have issues with certain choices, at the end of the day, it's all opinion backed up by facts where possible, which are slowly tweaked for each player until we get a fully accurate picture... A dozen voices all screaming a dozen different ideas will not help anything imo.

That said, I appreciate what you were saying.. you'd like a method where data can be discussed freely and openly in a two way conversation... and yeah, I can see how that might be great, but as i've said above, if I was a researcher, i'd keep myself away from the forums a bit, so I can keep my head in the game.

You say this, but then how can a researcher work with:

I think Ousmane Dembele's current CA & PA is not good enough for him. He scored 4 goals in his last 3 games & strongly linked with Barcelona. Are there many youngsters that Barca are linked with & offered 35M Euro?

The researcher already hasn't rated them higher, so the only response is: "I don't agree with those thoughts"

That's it, discussion over. A researcher can expand and list the reasons such as:

a) Those games weren't included in the last research period

b) Speculation about moving to Barcelona itself doesn't warrant an increase

c) Even if he had moved to Barcelona, that itself doesn't warrant an increase

As Swansongs mentions, an awfully large amount of the data issues board is just watching tumbleweeds blow by, and then posts like yours about Dembele which are basically saying "Why doesn't your opinion match mine researcher?"

Not to mention, my first interpretation of what you were wanting was more data updates, but your post then reads more as though you are suggesting researchers should be available at all times for these discussions and doing more data checking/researching as and when people on the forums decide.

Most researchers tend to be welcoming of actual interesting contributions, or questions about data. But when you don't know why a researcher has set something as X or Y and someone begins telling them they're wrong, then naturally they're going to be less inclined to listen to that poster because they've already demonstrated they don't really care too much about what the researcher is going to say unless its "you're right".

That'll do....

This isn't the place for the discussion... if anyone has anything to discuss regarding data issues, there is a place for it...

Talhak is merely suggesting a more open forum for discussion, and the response is simply that they can discuss it to their hearts content in the data issues forum where a healthy discussion/debate is welcomed when backed up with proof and hard data to back up their claims..

So that'll do for now please... back to the topic of the forum

Cheers.

0BW5CxV

This is John Guidetti a few seasons in obviously but his development isn't too far fetched from how he starts - if his physicals were slightly improved he would be quite clearly the best striker in the game. He also has tries first time shots which is a really strong PPM on this iteration of FM

Archived