Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

I'm wondering why someone who's actually from SI (not moderators who stick up for the game no matter what) can't actually tell us why these issues have not been fixed.

Why can't we be told they tried to fix it? This is why people are angry because it looks as though everyone's problems have just been ignored and they spent the past few months doing basic fixes to non game breaking bugs.

this!!!! waited patiently for this patch, checking daily for it. If they had said they weren't going to nerf crosses and only do some winter transfers I wouldn't have bothered.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm wondering why someone who's actually from SI (not moderators who stick up for the game no matter what) can't actually tell us why these issues have not been fixed.

Why can't we be told they tried to fix it? This is why people are angry because it looks as though everyone's problems have just been ignored and they spent the past few months doing basic fixes to non game breaking bugs.

The next time you accuse us of that untruth I will ban you, we criticise aplenty both here and in our closed links.

SI are here and answering, if you have specifics raise them appropriately please.

this!!!! waited patiently for this patch, checking daily for it. If they had said they weren't going to nerf crosses and only do some winter transfers I wouldn't have bothered.

It wasn't just some winter transfers. A lot of fixes were included. This: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453728-Football-Manager-2016-16-3-0-Feedback-Thread?p=10745412&viewfull=1#post10745412 was also posted.

Hidden point!???? PMSL, errrrr YES there is. You tell me minimal changes have been made to the ME, yet in my first ever game with the new patch, i get abused 0-7 at home, the stats show a very even game, im 2nd in the league and until this patch had a tactic that was working very well!

It was probably the crossing :brock:

There have been no ME changes that materially affect the outcome of matches. You just got hammered.

Hidden point!???? PMSL, errrrr YES there is. You tell me minimal changes have been made to the ME, yet in my first ever game with the new patch, i get abused 0-7 at home, the stats show a very even game, im 2nd in the league and until this patch had a tactic that was working very well!
These things happen & they tend to be pure coincidence. If you keep getting humped in the next few matches you might want to review your tactic

if only that were posted a few months ago.
A few months ago the ME team were probably still hopeful in being able to plug the exploit.

- Improved manager hirings in leagues that have been activated via the editor

Thanks for this. I've quickly holidayed through a new EEE test save and while the old problem has not been 100% eradicated, it has certainly improved massively. This is really good news for those who love managing in the lower leagues.

Am I the only one who's noticed that the league managerial movements pages now include caretaker appointments? I think that's a nice little touch.

We don't "stick up" for everything. Let's get that 100% straight.

Secondly, take the time to read the thread. Just higher up this same page:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453728-Football-Manager-2016-16-3-0-Feedback-Thread?p=10745412&viewfull=1#post10745412

I apologise, been reading on my iPhone so it's been harder to see.

Nice that someone has finally commented. Shame this problem which has been day 1 from the release can't be fixed.

FM15 wasn't good until the final patch and this one they've managed not to fix it.

Been issues the past few years, maybe deadlines need to change instead of rushing FM issues out.

Well, atleast it isn't FM09 right? ?

it seems i can't sort my players by position while setting focus, roles etc. (Ind.-Training) i tried original skin and others, same problem... Instead the Names-Column is sorted from A-Z, but i clicking at the Pos.-Col. anybody with the same problem???
Have you tried deleting the cache folders? That can help fix this type of issue.

this!!!! Waited patiently for this patch, checking daily for it. If they had said they weren't going to nerf crosses and only do some winter transfers i wouldn't have bothered.

this!!!! +++++

FM15 wasn't good until the final patch and this one they've managed not to fix it.

To be honest it was ridiculously easy to beat FM15 with an extremely attacking tactic (and I only ever played FM15 past the final patch as I only purchased it then). That was way more fun than it is to play Moyes-ball now, but the current ME is more balanced than that.

I expect a playable game that is actually worth €50, in which, should I decide to play with WB and W roles, with TI's overlap&exploit the flanks, that not all goals (or 80% of them) will be scored from a cross made by my wingback. Which is exactly what's happening on 16.3. as well.

What nonsense you are saying in that sentence! You want a tactic with wingers and wingbacks that does not exploit the flanks? Do you understand why you have wingers and wing backs? Their job on a football pitch is to get crosses in and create goals. If you play with those players, then expect to rely on goals from the flanks, because that is how you are setting your team up!

You have the causality backwards. You get 80% of goals from crosses in tactics with wingers and wingbacks because that is what wingers and wingbacks are for (and if you balance the midfield you will not be completely reliant). It is not a bug, it is what they want to do.

• Administrators

Let's keep this on topic please rather than getting confrontational with tactics comments. Thanks.

To be honest it was ridiculously easy to beat FM15 with an extremely attacking tactic (and I only ever played FM15 past the final patch as I only purchased it then). That was way more fun than it is to play Moyes-ball now, but the current ME is more balanced than that.

The ME in FM 16 is good but not great,my problem is the OP full backs and crosses

If SI fix that,the ME will be perfect

Have to say while the patch notes on ME changes dont look impressive at first, the actual matches seem quite different somehow. Hard to explain. Of course its only first impressions and early days, but it sure looks promising.

How come Some players like Gomez not have injuries like they do In real life in football manager winter update?

Depends when the injury occurred. If you start a new game from the start of a season and the player wasn't injured back then but incurred an injury in recent months, then he won't be injured when you start the game.

A different database wouldn't affect your experience of trying the game out. It's probably to keep the size down as well.

Still though, I trust SI will make the amendment re. the presumed removal of Adam Johnson from the database. If there were sound reasons for removing him from the full game, those reasons are equally valid in the context of the DEMO.

whats up with the contract negotiations? was testing it out on marquinhos first offer said no and then i just agreed to the agents offer and it comes back that i failed to make an acceptable offer for this client and ends after 2 rounds of negotiations...seems to happen with every player now 17yr olds or experiences pros

Still though, I trust SI will make the amendment re. the presumed removal of Adam Johnson from the database. If there were sound reasons for removing him from the full game, those reasons are equally valid in the context of the DEMO.
That is being ultra picky, he was still a contracted professional player & as such is part of the original data.

• Administrators

The demos are using the original database, and there's currently no plans to change these to the winter database, or add winter database demos via Steam Workshop.

The demo data will remain the original data when the game first released. Thanks for those of you who raised this originally.
That is being ultra picky, he was still a contracted professional player & as such is part if the original data.

Both of these in context of Adam Johnson. Posts 374 and 428.

Why is the demo data remaining the same, given that it appears SI took the decision (correct in my view) to remove Adam Johnson from the game in update 16.3?

@Barside, I hardly think it is picky of me to suggest that a sex offender should be removed from a game that is played by children.

• Administrators
Both of these in context of Adam Johnson. Posts 374 and 428.

Why is the demo data remaining the same, given that it appears SI took the decision (correct in my view) to remove Adam Johnson from the game in update 16.3?

@Barside, I hardly think it is picky of me to suggest that a sex offender should be removed from a game that is played by children.

It's not possible to change the demo data unfortunately using the original database. That is why. I've also covered why there are not any winter database demos forthcoming either, as it stands.

The demo exists for people to try the feel of the game & the ME, do SI remove every other player from older databases on the basis of a criminal conviction that happened after that data was locked? Any sensible person should be able to grasp the concept that data is only valid at the time of compilation.

Maybe you just got the team talk all wrong or the other team got it completely right? You can't win every match and even good teams have horrible games occasionally. I'd say raise the issue if you keep playing and keep getting destroyed like that. In 2011/2012, Arsenal got thrashed 8-2 by Man United and went on to finish 3rd in the EPL. It's not unheard of.

I've just had one my own players who is out on loan play against me despite the fact I didn't (and never do) include 'can play against own team' in the loan deal. It was the UEFA Super Cup if that makes any difference.

@Lucas Wetherby re. post 432

It's not possible to change the demo data unfortunately using the original database. That is why. I've also covered why there are not any winter database demos forthcoming either, as it stands.

I've sent you a PM - which I'd like a response to in any case.

If you'd said this originally - I think this would have been a better explanation rather the blank corporate statements issued by 3 people.

He has been removed from the game. He just hasn't been erased from history.

Graham Rix and Karl Rose are in the database too, and they have similar convictions. Surely you wouldn't suggest that FM removes them, at the cost of realism, in order to protect our children?

• SI Staff
During the match I opened the player motivation widget and its all blank post patch.

Hey Os,

Try deleting your cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524620&viewfull=1#post10524620

If that doesn't work please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/522-User-Interface-Issues - and open up a post.

Cheers,

Seb.

He has been removed from the game. He just hasn't been erased from history.

Graham Rix and Karl Rose are in the database too, and they have similar convictions. Surely you wouldn't suggest that FM removes them, at the cost of realism, in order to protect our children?

I do take your point and it is making me reflect.

Nevertheless, the fact that that the Adam Johnson case is right now and in the mind of young people, now, distinguishes it from the Graham Rix scenario. That Johnson admitted to the charge of grooming (Rix was not convicted of this as far as I am aware) adds a much more sinister edge to the Adam Johnson case.

In that context, I think the case for removal of Adam Johnson from SI's game is much stronger than that for Graham Rix.

I don't know the Karl Rose case so can't comment on that.

I have since read Lucas Weatherby's latest response that it is not possible to remove him from the demo - this should have been said earlier and opportunities to say this from Neil Brock, Barside and Lucas Weatherby were passed up.

All that said, I do hope that SI will persevere to find a way to remove Adam Johnson from the demo.

• SI Staff
Is it possible to still play my game that was created on patch 16.2.0?

16.3.0 is fully compatible with save games started on 16.2.0 and earlier, with the obvious exceptions of the winter data update and some competition changes.

You mean you're not managing Sunderland? ;)

Actually, neither am I...

I can confirm with my South Shields save that 16.3 works perfectly with prior saved games and community updates :)

Started with Blackburn, went to QPR, then Roma. Strange, I know. haha

Thanks for the update SI and congrats mods on remaining sane.

Just FYI for anyone who cares, played quite a lot of this version, haven't seen a crossing exploit in my or the computers teams.

Keep up the good work guys.

• SI Staff
Can somebody advise why SV Austria Salzburg in the Austrian first division are no longer a playable team have reported in the bugs section but no response?

Hey mbrace85. Lucas has replied to your post in the bugs forum.

Archived