Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

Just decided to try the FM16 demo yesterday having not bought a version since FM14. Two things I've noticed so far.

1. Matches are very jittery, to a point that it's very hard to watch. My laptop played previous versions fine and it's not that old, shouldn't need to buy a brand new laptop simply for this game.

2. Scroll bars seem to be incredibly thin, making them very hard to click on. This is making the whole experience very fiddly and frustrating.

Based on this, I won't be purchasing the full game and will instead go back to my FM12 game!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kenco, as with all games and all software, improvements are made, which inevitably means that the minimum specs will increase, this is usually not by much compared to other games o course... Having said that, I would be interested to know your specs, as it may be a simple case of needing to update your drivers and/or swapping rendering mode via preferences...

Scrollbars, I can certainly see why it might be frustrating, it took me a while to get used to them, thankfully this sort of thing is easily fixed using a skin or changing resolution etc.

World class player, consistent performer, enjoys big matches, 37 goals in 29 starts and 13 sub appearances, superb morale, driven personality, determination 20, finishing 18, composure 17... misses chance after chance in CL final, all on his favoured foot, all with space and time to pick his corner (places shots). This game really kills me sometimes.

World class player, consistent performer, enjoys big matches, 37 goals in 29 starts and 13 sub appearances, superb morale, driven personality, determination 20, finishing 18, composure 17... misses chance after chance in CL final, all on his favoured foot, all with space and time to pick his corner (places shots). This game really kills me sometimes.

Yeh I watched that match as well. He also hit the post from the penalty spot. It's so unlike real life football :brock:.

Yeh I watched that match as well. He also hit the post from the penalty spot. It's so unlike real life football :brock:.

Knew that response was coming. I got so mad about that match that I quit my job, it's the German third division for me now, much less frustrating.

Knew that response was coming. I got so mad about that match that I quit my job, it's the German third division for me now, much less frustrating.

Funny, 'cos l watched Ronaldo in the Portugal-Austria match l seriously thought "if this was FM, I'd have rage quit after this".

Just had the same issue as you Adzke.

A payer i need to get rid of. One year left on his contract but i can't offer him out.

I'm in 2049 now and i can't recall having that problem before.

The only difference now is that i'm in a top division.

Would love to know the answer to it.

As a follow up to the AI man decision making post above, this was taken from another forum and another guy who had edited Guardiola to be already at City. If he moves over for 2017, the guys will be in for a fun ride. :-)

feGvkgr.jpg

This is totally research apparently, and whilst it is realistic to a degree that Guardiola would insist on his inherently risky kind of play (Bayern could have been finished against Juve in the CL already as they were rather fortunate to not trail 0-3 at HT in the return leg, plus several matches of that kind previous and after): It's still indicative of how AI works as a whole. If they are given extreme attributes, the bias towards certain things becomes so big they would not divert from it even when they are getting totally tonked, such as pace merchant Walcott and the guys running totally amok in this match as they're allowed to, exploiting Guardiola's always extremely lines without an effort made to stop that from happening.

I recognize this must be a hell to program so that it would fit in with the overall general AI dynamicism (which is amazing in generally though tragically likely to be missed by 3/4 of the player base...). But just as well as making AI managers actually "spotting" such issues they face in the first place. But it's still a bit of iffy that the highest level of management in the game would just let itself be punished like that. This was a two legged Cup tie. In the return Arsenal would sit totally back and let Guardiola's City get back into it, but that's the kind of strange dynamics that have been into the game for a couple iterations. Seems connected to big wins in the first tie and the AI manager winning it oftenly working out from that that he'd just need to sit back for the return and fight off the rampant waves, the rest would come. Which is what had happened. Might work sometimes, but when it's 0-1 early, then 0-2 at HT, the floodgates may start opening and the comeback is duly on.

I'm not sure how Beautiful Game Studios did it with Prozone, and if their analysis was useful, but if there was analysis both pointing human players as well as AI into some direction, and this is talking with a broad brush when making managers spot for instance if they'd be overloaded in some areas or exploited for their high lines repeatedly, this is the kind of thing that could improve the experience for anyone. AI improvements will make in-match decision making more important, so it would alienate some or at least force them to let the assistants take over. At least some of the broader issues they should be recognized by AI mans, in particular the elite. And shipping goals because of high lines against opposition of calibre, that's in my opinion as basic as they come even for the most casual fan of footie (I'm hardly an avid reader of any tactics blog or anything myself).

7xbgVwp.jpg

Speaking about Prozone, what's in the game as far as the tool is concerned may actually work like the real tools availably. Strangely and ironically the usability has decreased drastically as previously you would have everything available by single clicks (shots say), whilst now you would need to place a click for categories, for every player and then on the dots to view the incident, and after viewing the incidents it would all reset. It's more clicks and lists for mostly same things. Bit strange that but already mentioned before.

I have a player with one year left on his contract that I want to sell. But I can't offer him away. Does anyone know how come?

The button on the screen is greyed out.

Just had the same issue as you Adzke.

A payer i need to get rid of. One year left on his contract but i can't offer him out.

I'm in 2049 now and i can't recall having that problem before.

The only difference now is that i'm in a top division.

Would love to know the answer to it.

Either retiring or he's already announced that he's leaving on a free transfer?

Hi Kenco, as with all games and all software, improvements are made, which inevitably means that the minimum specs will increase, this is usually not by much compared to other games o course... Having said that, I would be interested to know your specs, as it may be a simple case of needing to update your drivers and/or swapping rendering mode via preferences...

Scrollbars, I can certainly see why it might be frustrating, it took me a while to get used to them, thankfully this sort of thing is easily fixed using a skin or changing resolution etc.

Intel Core i3

Intel HD Graphics 4000

8GB DDR3 Memory

1000GB HDD

This appears to be above min spec.

Make sure (as Welshace said) that you graphics card drivers are up to date. You may also want to try putting the graphical detail levels on Auto so that the game can choose, based on your spec. Otherwise, just experiment with it yourself.

Your graphics card (can't say for sure on the CPU) is at minimum spec, so this is likely why you're struggling. Try the driver update and lowering detail levels and/or resolution.

Either retiring or he's already announced that he's leaving on a free transfer?

My player hasn't announced anything about retirement nor leaving on free.

He is, however, happy to see out the remainder of his career with the club.

I guess he plans on retiring at the end of the season but it says nothing about it

in his short-term and long-term plans.

f09b37cc25c4c57a6ab43225914264bb.jpg

3565cdca58cc8de38ad18dca5462dc8b.png

Make sure (as Welshace said) that you graphics card drivers are up to date. You may also want to try putting the graphical detail levels on Auto so that the game can choose, based on your spec. Otherwise, just experiment with it yourself.

Your graphics card (can't say for sure on the CPU) is at minimum spec, so this is likely why you're struggling. Try the driver update and lowering detail levels and/or resolution.

If I recall correctly, he's going to struggle if that Gpu is integrated

Speaking about Prozone, what's in the game as far as the tool is concerned may actually work like the real tools availably. Strangely and ironically the usability has decreased drastically as previously you would have everything available by single clicks (shots say), whilst now you would need to place a click for categories, for every player and then on the dots to view the incident, and after viewing the incidents it would all reset. It's more clicks and lists for mostly same things. Bit strange that but already mentioned before.

I fully agree on this. I still mainly play FM15, but when I do play FM16, I often don't even look at the Prozone stats, because the UI is so cumbersome.

Intel Core i3

Intel HD Graphics 4000

8GB DDR3 Memory

1000GB HDD

This appears to be above min spec.

I seem to remember the hd 4000's being on the 3rd gen i3's ...

If that's the case, it is certainly an issue with your cpu/integrated graphics as the others have mentioned..

While above min spec, I suspect if you check your cpu usage while playing you will see it maxed at 100% permanently as the cpu is quite weak..

And not having a dedicated graphics card will certainly bottleneck you further.

Still, making sure drivers etc are up to date, and as has been mentioned, turning graphics detail down might help matters.

My game has been stuck on 10th November 2015 for the past 15 minutes, any suggestions, or should I just wait it out?

Also, does anyone know how to set opposition instructions so it's fixed each game? For example, I want to man mark ML / MR / AML / AMR but when I set it in each game it seems to reset, driving me insane

edit: closed

Had to run again, really not impressed, just won as well after the last time I had saved!

how to set opposition instructions so it's fixed each game? For example, I want to man mark ML / MR / AML / AMR but when I set it in each game it seems to reset, driving me insane

On your main tactics screen (outside of a match) there is a subsection called "opposition instructions," which lets you do exactly what you want. Every single position on the pitch is listed for you to choose your options.

Once you get into a game it will look like it hasn't remembered your choices, because the opposition instructions window will have no instructions set. Click "show positions" (no idea why its called that) and you can switch between viewing your preset instructions and the ones specifically for this match.

On your main tactics screen (outside of a match) there is a subsection called "opposition instructions," which lets you do exactly what you want. Every single position on the pitch is listed for you to choose your options.

Once you get into a game it will look like it hasn't remembered your choices, because the opposition instructions window will have no instructions set. Click "show positions" (no idea why its called that) and you can switch between viewing your preset instructions and the ones specifically for this match.

Thank you for your help mate, much appreciated :)

Click "show positions" (no idea why its called that) and you can switch between viewing your preset instructions and the ones specifically for this match.

It's called that because it's the OIs per position, not per player.

Anyone know the answer to this ( I did post in bugs forum too):

When I go into another team and view their attributes and click sort by first touch for example, it does not sort them in order, it seems almost random.

However, when I do the same in my own squad it sorts them fine.

Can someone advise?

• Administrators
Anyone know the answer to this ( I did post in bugs forum too):

When I go into another team and view their attributes and click sort by first touch for example, it does not sort them in order, it seems almost random.

However, when I do the same in my own squad it sorts them fine.

Can someone advise?

Just sounds like a bug. You've raised it in the relevant place in the bugs forum so it'll get picked up and reviewed. Thanks for taking the time to raise it.

Overall, I like this version. Sure, it has some glitches but it also has some nice touches too.

Things I would like to see changed/fixed for next season:

- Scroll bars are extremely thin and very hard to click on and drag. I know Welshace said you get used to it and can always change skin/resolution but I don't get any joy there either. Also have the problem of text size permanently on 100% and refusing to change.

- As seen on the bugs forum, defender blocks a shot and the commentary says "great keeping".

- When a defender slide tackles an oncoming striker and the ball shoots off straight into the path of another striker, all your players just stand there and watch as that striker seems to be the only player alive, gets on the end of the 'pass' and scores as your GK stands agog and watches it go into the goal.

- When bidding for a player or offering a contract, I don't like how this version has it laid out. Your transfer bid or contract offer has to be made/adjusted way out on the left side of the screen, but the 'make offer' and 'suggest terms' buttons are down in the bottom right corner. So if you offer, say, £10m and 'suggest terms' but they want £20m and so then you proceed to negotiate with the club that way 4-6 times (on average), you are constantly going from the far left side to adjust your offer to the bottom right to make that offer, back and forth, back and forth. Much better and far easier if these were closer together, so moving the fee or wage figures from the left side to the right side of the screen would make it so much easier.

- A bit more sense when it comes to 'game time' for players. Two examples:

1) Player A comes to me asking to play more. He's a fringe player but has shown promise so I agree. For the next two months he plays almost every game then, near the end of this 'promise to play' period, he picks up a minor knock which sees him miss a couple of games but then plays the final few matches before that deadline is up. Rather than be happy he's started maybe 85% of matches, you get the "due to injury, player A will give you more time to fulfil your promise to play him more" line, which means you have to start him for yet another 2-3 months to keep him happy. The ME has it the wrong way around. It seems that it checks whether the player's been injured and, if so, automatically extends the 'promise to play' period. What it should do is see if the player has played enough matches FIRST to fulfil the promise and, if so, great but if not, THEN see if this was due to injury.

2) It's November and, similar to above, Player B wants to play more. I agree and so he plays most of the next month or so but then disappears in January to play African Cup of Nations matches. Mid-January he's back in my office (somehow magically, seeing as he's supposed to be thousands of miles away), angry that I've gone against my word and not been picking him recently and he wants to know what I'm going to do about it. What can I do?? He's unavailable all month!

- I've mentioned this one many times over the years but it's still not been fixed. Generally, in the round-up of matches/competitions, you see a line about recent form of a certain team e.g. "Wrexham have won four of their last five home games" and that's perfectly fine until a team has won, or lost, all five of those games. Rather than change it to "Wrexham have won all of their last five home games", the line remains in the same format and states that "Wrexham have won five of their last five home games". There are a few other instances of incorrect grammar and poor English too. I can't think of them all right now but I'm sure one of them is to do with plurals when it should be singular e.g. one matches rather than match.

- AI team bids for your player, you reject it. Same team the next day or so makes the same bid and you reject it again....and again....and again. So next time this happens when a different team bids or it's for another player, you think twice and decide to negotiate, asking far more than their original offer. They then decline to proceed with negotiations. Great, you think, that's that. Nope. Two days later they come back with that same original bid for that same player. Really? Where's the sense there? Yes, I know you can set it to reject offers below a certain amount but there should be something that kicks in, telling the AI team to either offer more next time or not bid.

- A player asks to leave for whatever reason, usually because they want a fresh challenge but not always. Another common one is that they have heard a big club wants them. You can try and talk them into staying but if they are adamant they want to leave, you have very little say in the matter. This often ends up one of three ways:

1) If you refuse, they often become disgruntled and the players he is friends with also become unhappy because they think you should let him leave.

2) If you agree to sell if, say, Man City meet your valuation of him he's happy. Man City then bid half his value and you refuse/negotiate because it's a ridiculously low offer and the deal falls through. Player should understand that the offer was far too low but instead, he's angry you refused the bid from the club he wanted to move to, becomes disgruntled and the players he is friends with also become unhappy because they think you should let him leave.

3) Even though you wanted to keep him, you sell him for a good price....but the players he is friends with become unhappy because they think you should not let him leave. They then want to talk to you about it but the responses you can give do not include something like "he asked to leave". Instead you are left with ones like "I'll replace him with a much better player", "the offer was too good to turn down and we needed the money", "he wasn't good enough", "he didn't fit into my tactical plans". None of those answers are suitable to the situation and the only one that might appease his unhappy teammates is the first one but then that means I have to splash out on a better replacement, regardless of whether one was needed or not.

- Similar as above. Player has relatively low release clause, which was perfectly fine when the contract was signed but he has improved rapidly and is now worth a lot more than before. So you offer him a new contract, either with a higher release clause or without one altogether. He refuses to sign for whatever reason, despite numerous attempts to negotiate with him. A club comes in and matches the release clause and off he goes. You are then left with the same scenario as number '3' above even though you did not want to sell and it was the player who insisted on leaving.

Ok, that'll do for now.

Just sounds like a bug. You've raised it in the relevant place in the bugs forum so it'll get picked up and reviewed. Thanks for taking the time to raise it.

Ok thanks, do you know why bugs still persist? I bought the game late (last week) I would assume all bugs would be ironed out by now?

This has helped, thanks.

Ok thanks, do you know why bugs still persist? I bought the game late (last week) I would assume all bugs would be ironed out by now?

That's almost like asking "why do people make mistakes?"

More to the point: developer time is limited; not all bugs get reported; some bugs only appear on a certain combination of hardware/software and thus are difficult/impossible to reproduce by developers and as a consequence very hard to fix.

Bugs exist in all software. Have you used any Microsoft products :)

If you have patched to the latest version then you are as up to date as you can be. Many bugs raised will not be seen by most people as the game is played different from person to person, however its hoped that key bugs should be have been resolved if they existed.

Best advice I can give is to raise any bugs you find asap in the Bugs forum uploading relevant save games etc to increase the chance of it being fixed in the next version.

Play the game and enjoy it

One thing l would like amending is the 'realistic transfers' option in player search during an embargo when it returns a nil result. I'd still like to see which players would join the club should the embargo be lifted, so l can still scout them in advance.

Sacked after being 3rd in Bundesliga and went to Championsleague and saw 15k expanding more seats to my stadium, what was my board thinking? took them only 3 seasons from 3rd league to Bundesliga beating Bayern and Dortmund? about almost ever first sack in club team.

One other thing I forgot to mention, and I'm sure there are many more, is the responses you can give when you turn down a job interview.

It's just happened to me again.

Newcastle offered me a job interview but I declined. The press then want to know why and my options are:

- I just didn't have any interest in taking them up on their offer, it's as simple as that

- I don't think it's the right thing to do; my circumstances wouldn't have allowed me to go forward with them

- I've got nothing to say on the subject

- I felt as if I was better than that so I'm waiting for something better to come along

- Work for them? Come on now, be serious

The first option is just dismissive, the second is vague and secretive, the fourth derogatory and the fifth even worse.

What happened to something along the lines of any of these as at least one of the options:

- I love it here. Why would I want to leave?

- I am very happy in my current job and want to finish what I started

- I'm fully committed to this club and have a great relationship with the staff, players and fans

Any of those would be suitable but, instead, I have to go for one of those original five.

One other thing I forgot to mention, and I'm sure there are many more, is the responses you can give when you turn down a job interview.

Newcastle offered me a job interview but I declined. The press then want to know why and my options are:

- I just didn't have any interest in taking them up on their offer, it's as simple as that

- I don't think it's the right thing to do; my circumstances wouldn't have allowed me to go forward with them

- I felt as if I was better than that so I'm waiting for something better to come along

The first option is just dismissive, the second is vague and secretive, the fourth derogatory and the fifth even worse.

What happened to something along the lines of any of these as at least one of the options:

- I'm fully committed to this club and have a great relationship with the staff, players and fans

Any of those would be suitable but, instead, I have to go for one of those original five.

Yup, happened across the exact same thing last night. Was looking for the option that would please the fans of my current club the most and show them my loyalty and that I want to finish what I've started, but there wasn't really one available.

A lot of the time, the interaction module seems hamstrung by the fact that there's always got to be 5 options. Further by having them Positive, Positive/Neutral, Neutral, Neutral/Negative and Negative. Within that framework there really isn't much room for deviation. You're totally right that there are much more apt answers between the lines but you don't get the option to choose from them. it's the same with a lot of conversation points.

For the first time the player interactions have "got "me. I can accept that I brought it on myself though, so my comments are really about being able to do more once a player has become unhappy.

Background: Playing as Villareal in my second season. 1st season we were predicted 11th, and we managed to sneak into 6th on the last day. Naturally the summer was full of 'wnt' icons for most of my starting XI. Man City came in and bid value (£5.25 mil) for my left back. I didn't want to sell him but I managed to negotiate them to £9.5 mil plus a couple of future incentives. My club captain and highest ability and average rated player was an inverted right back (left footed), who I had been training to play LB (I hate wrong footed full backs.) He became a natural LB just before the end of the season and my plan once I received the offer for my other left back was obviously to move my captain to this position, where he was now better than the player I sold. I had a transfer target who was a RB and my plan was to bring him in to replace my club captain at right back. Overall my back 4 was set up to be stronger.

So when the deal to Man City was completed all of a sudden my best midfielder is unhappy about the sale. Fair enough I guess. I genuinely can't remember exactly what options I chose in the conversation with him, but I do believe it ended with me telling him to trust me and that I had the situation under control. Sadly at least 7 or 8 of my squad are in support of this player, and I had to call a team meeting to address it. I think I chose the option that says something like "I am way ahead of you, there will be players coming in." Now I have a promise to my midfielder to strengthen the squad before the end of the window. Fair enough I suppose. I'm fairly certain that the promise came as a result of the team talk and not the initial private chat, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

However, I brought in the new first choice RB, who joined and became one of my best players. Now I have an equally good RB as last season and a better LB than the one I sold. I also tied up a loan for a borderline first choice LB from Italy who hadn't been getting any game time, to come in as back up. I was suspecting that I had messed up because the promise to the midfielder didn't show any signs of moving forward e.g. "pleased that progress is being made to strengthen the squad." I signed my other 2 targets, a CM and a Winger, which were the positions my squad lacked quality. No change in his happiness.

Having searched, it appears that I need to sign a new Left Back specifically with a higher CA than the one I sold. Well I had no money left, and no actual need for a new left back, so with a week of the window left I just did nothing. I was worried because I knew it was going to blow up in my face, and I even tried to sell the midfielder even though he is a key player for me, just so I could avoid a huge problem. No takers.

Day after the transfer window rolls around and I have a mutiny on my hands. The midfielder is abysmal and won't talk to me, and is furious that I have broken my promise. The media have picked up on the fact that loads of my players are on his side and morale is Orange or worse all around. The only player with green morale is my club captain and new starting Left Back.

I've played 13 games since the transfer window ended and I have lost 11 and drawn 2. I'm fairly certain that I'm in an inescapable black hole which is about to lead my sacking, and unsurprisingly I'm not enjoying it.

I do think there is a problem with the initial promise, if indeed it is position specific. In my example I have a better LB already at the club and also signed a quality RB to leave my full back positions stronger than they were before. I did say "I'm way ahead of you" because that was the truth, I already knew what I was going to do, and I had every intention of (and I did!) strengthen the squad, which wasn't really difficult at my level. I feel like the players should know what tactics I am using and my likely starting line-up, so that they can see that the LB position is fine. If for example I was planning on changing to a 3 at the back (i.e. no FBs at all) I feel like I would still have this problem. My Assistant Managers Best XI shows my back 4 as I set it up, i.e the game recognises that my club captain right back now fits in best at left back. I don't feel the players have any awareness of this.

But ok, I could have made different choices that would have meant I could have avoided the above, I respect that. Plus a part of me is enjoying the fact that I have lost the dressing room and that it is having a significant effect because this is the way things should be in the game. I just feel harshly done by because the players should be able to see that we are stronger or at least as strong as before in the position they are annoyed about. It was never my plan to sign a LB and so I find it hard to believe I would have clicked an option in conversation that was clearly implying it was a LB I had to sign.

To make matters worse, during the window I asked the player to recommend a first team defender, as obviously he is very opinionated about how the squad should be run, perhaps he has an idea of a player that would satisfy him? He only recommended a CB who is worse than my current CBs.

What I have found really, really annoying though is how little I can do to affect the situation once the promise has been broken. I've tried everything.

I was hoping that the unhappiness might subside once I played a few matches and it became obvious who my LB this season is. Almost 3 months later but nothing.

The captain menu of Ambassadorial Duties doesn't give me an option to speak to the midfielder about his unhappiness, or any of the teammates who support him. Obviously I can't speak to the unhappy player directly, because he is refusing to talk to me. I looked for "warn player - criticise conduct" but it wasn't there and I can't remember if it was ever there, or if praising conduct is the only one available.

I won't accept a player who is trying to turn people against me, so I dropped him from the first team and he didn't appear at all in my first 10 games after the window closed. I was hoping to goad him into talking to me about a lack of first team football so I could deflect from the broken promise, but although he is a key player and showed a minor concern about wanting more first team opportunities he never tried to talk to me about it.

I moved him to the U19s hoping to goad him again, and this time it worked and he came to me to say he was unhappy. But my only two options were "I'm the manager and that's where you'll stay," and "Genuine mistake I will move you back." Where is the option to say that if he is going to be an arsehole then he isn't welcome in the first team squad? I chose the second option because I felt like choosing the first option would be perceived as being unfair and cause me more problems.

I've been waiting for press questions about the issue to hopefully choose something that could have an effect but I haven't had any.

Choosing a team meeting only has the regular comments about form, and I can't bring up the issue that everyone is unhappy about.

The failed promise has finally disappeared from my promises screen, but the player is still unhappy as are all of the players in support of him.

So what can I do?? I feel like even though the player won't speak to me I should still be able to shout in his face at training, even if he wants to pretend he can't hear me.

I have no more money to spend, and no need to sign a player in the position he wants, so I think my only option is to sell the player in January (if I still have my job). Will this appease the players who are supporting this player? This is a network game career and it is basically ruined right now, getting the sack could mean weeks of (real time) no job and nothing to do. Please help.

Had something weird happen, there was gonna be a takeover and they said they would assign my assistant manager for the role. I am a legend in the club and have been on it for 8 years, im also getting a stadium to be built in my name, it seems very silly they would trade me for my assistant manager?

At least the takeover failed so i dont know if that was gonna happen or not

Had something weird happen, there was gonna be a takeover and they said they would assign my assistant manager for the role. I am a legend in the club and have been on it for 8 years, im also getting a stadium to be built in my name, it seems very silly they would trade me for my assistant manager?

At least the takeover failed so i dont know if that was gonna happen or not

Often the reports prior to a takeover are purely press speculation and should mostly be ignored.

so, yea buried in stuff in one of the backroom advice meeting.. training advice is silly.. My top scoring striker is recommended to stop going into the box, and my Inside Forward to stop cutting inside.

perhaps this advice should be tailored more to how I want the player to play? its always useless.

Some of the bizarre news stories could do with revising. One which irks me is the one referring to a cup defeat several years back, for example "manager X suffered the ignominy of an FA Cup defeat on penalties to a team of a marginally smaller reputation and hopes for better luck with his new club", regardless of what success the manager has achieved in other competitions. A result in a single cup tie should never be an indicator of a manager's ability. When Sir Alex retired, I didn't read any news stories remarking upon how he "suffered the ignominy" of losing to York in 1995.

Another one is the one speculating as to whether players should be left out of international squads because they haven't played enough games. I'm with Northampton and have a young Tahiti international warming the bench. News items keep cropping up suggesting he should be left out of the international squad because he hasn't featured much for Northampton, even though he's the only professional player Tahiti have and is their best player by miles. These news items work when speculating about the fitness of Jack Wiltshire for England, but are just baffling when discussing the star player for very minor footballing nations.

Seriously think all the problems with crossing and probably several others in the match engine could be fixed if full backs defended a few yards wider. It's most ridiculous with a back five, the wingbacks just stand right next to their centre backs and leave wingers and attacking fullbacks unmarked, inviting passes to them. If they stood literally 3 or 4 yards closer to the touchline, that pass isn't even on. Then there's the desperation to pass to fullbacks at all costs. I've had a striker in the centre of the box with a shot available, who instead knocks a lofted pass to a full back near the touchline, standing behind him out of his vision.

So the match is just reduced to a series of crossfield passes until there's a cross. Try watching a 5-3-2 v a 5-3-2. It's absolutely hilarious. The ME has never looked less like a game of football.

yes Bayern Munich get cut to ribbons by crosses, on one of my saves Ancelloti turns up at Arsenal, i just change to even more crosses. :lol:

there is a reason I like my backup wingback, pretty good at crosses and reasonable base, but has 17 heading so just wipes out crossfield balls.

Might need some help here.

Why do i have 2 separate confidence bars for the same competition?

Top bar:

44c59dca45a7b2336df95cfc95962f8f.png

3rd bar:

dd48bcff2ffcf9005fe9228a1da3c1f9.png

Top one is the one the level we set before this season, which has now finished.

The other Liga Adelante bar is from the last time we were there, which is 2 seasons ago.

Last season i was in Liga BBVA.

As a result the board is disappointed with the team's performance this season:

fafb6b27458ef0f46f50bf571aebe465.png

Even though that was 2 seasons ago.

Having said that; 2 seasons ago those weren't even the expectations. The expectations were to avoid relegation.

We overperformed and won the league to get promoted to Liga BBVA.

Funny stuff happening. Just would like some other people's opinions before reporting it as a bug.

Is it normal that I, as a semi-pro team, can't offer part time contracts?

I think it depends on the situation and the finances and maybe even the player. The board dont always want to offer contracts unless they believe the player is a key player or can afford it.

I have about 800k euros in the bank, am a 2 times champion in the last two years, but only non-contract is an option.

I am semi-pro, as are the most of other teams in the league, and they seem to be able to offer part time contracts, but I can't. Even newly promoted team had some players on part-time contract. And the players in question are 5 star CA and PA players. Most free agents go to other teams as I can't offer them better contract, even though I'm strongest and most reputable team in country.

Are you not even able to select it because its not an option as its greyed out or are you just not allowed to press suggest terms. Have you got a screen shot because I remember it was happening because my board would only let me offer contracts to players I said would be key

Archived